Chapter 3
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We come in peace?” Mason said, chuckling nervously.

The people just stared at them as they formed an inescapable circle around them.

“I think they believed you,” Elijah said sarcastically.

“Totally,” Mason agreed.

I shifted, my hand moving towards the daggers that I always kept with me. 

“Don’t even try.” One of the people said as they pushed past others. 

I looked around, trying to see who the person was talking to.

“I’m talking to you boy. You are reaching for your weapon. It’s obvious.”  The person, a boy, stepped forward, he was around maybe 20 and looked like he could beat all of us by himself, without weapons.

“Okay, okay!” I held my hands up away from the daggers.

“What are your names?” The boy asked.

“Why do you care?” Elijah snapped back.

I quickly elbowed him, “I’m Thomas.” I could tell that this guy meant business, “This is Elijah, Mason, and Liam.” I quickly spoke for the others as well.

“At least one of you has respect. Sort of.” The boy seemed wary, “Where are you from?” 

“Stop asking us stupid questions!” Liam yelled out angrily.

“Liam, shut up!” Elijah yelled, but Liam completely ignored him.

“Do you know who you’re talking to?!” The boy took a step forward.

“No, I don’t because you refuse to tell us who you are!” Liam spat back.

“Oh.” The boy smiled, “Sorry, I forgot. My name is Peter Pan and I’m from wonderland.” The boy replied, “Now what about you?” 

“I’m gonna so beat you dead!” Liam pulled out a knife.

“Okay, cool it!” I yelled everyone's head snapped towards me, I grabbed Liam’s wrist, “Don’t Liam, it’s not worth it, and you, smart alec, don’t think we can’t beat everyone here. We’re tougher than we look. Also, is this small little thing worth fighting over?”  I felt exhausted as I tried to calm everyone down.

“He’s right.” Mason stepped forward, “We’re not getting anything out of this are we?”

I smiled, glad that Mason was taking my side. I looked towards Elijah and saw that he was thinking.

“I agree.” Elijah finally said.  

“If grumpy agrees I guess so do I.” The boy gave in.

“Grumpy? Oh, you little-” Elijah began.

I covered his mouth and laughed nervously, I turned towards Liam.

“Fine!” Liam held up his hands, “But next time I won’t hesitate.” Liam warned.

“Alright.” The boy grinned.

“Now will you tell us what your real name is?”  I asked.

“Jorge.” The boy bowed, “The one and only.”

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled as nicely as I could.

“Are you gonna kill us?”  Mason asked out of nowhere.

“Maybe.” Jorge shrugged.

“Maybe?” Elijah repeated.

Jorge nodded, “If you don’t listen or if you have attitude,” He looked at Elijah and Liam, “Then I will, if you don’t then I probably won’t. We’ll have to see.” Jorge grinned at Liam.

Before I could do anything Liam lurched forward and tackled Jorge. Jorge fell over with Liam atop of him. Liam pulled out a knife.

“Still gonna kill us? Huh huh?” I could tell Liam was pissed off and I couldn’t blame him, “You can’t treat us like we’re a bunch of little spoiled brats! We know what we’re doing and we know when we have to do it!” Liam looked like he was about to stab Jorge when all of a sudden Liam was pushed off of Jorge and was laying flat on the ground, Jorge on him.

“No. You don’t know what you’re doing. Clearly, you’re stupid. I warned you.” Jorge snatched Liam’s knife, “Not gonna let you have this.” Jorge turned and faced the people he was with, “Take their weapons and chain them up. We’re gonna take them hostage.”

4