II – [Agreement]
42 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 30 or so minutes of driving, we finally arrive at what I assume is Mitsuru Masuyo's estate. And holy shit is this place nice, I have no clue what these materials are but it is very modern and there are very expensive cars in the driveway. These cars cost more than my life so I can't even fathom the cost of her home.

"Also Mr. Rye, your new apartment location will be sent to you via text message. We already have the movers coming to get the rest of your things. Other than that enjoy your first day as Ms. Masuyo's new manager." The buff driver said with a nice smile and then backed out of the driveway and left.

I swear it's always the buff guys who are massive that is the nicest. Once I save up enough money I gotta take him out for some beer because he deserves it.

I walk up to the front door of the house and the main door has to be at least 12 feet tall. I go ahead and knock on the door to see if someone would answer the door. And of course, no one answered, so I knocked again, and again until I got pissed.

"Is anyone home?!" I yell pissed off.

"It's unlocked." A female voice said.

I open the door and walk into the house. The inside is just as nice as the outside all fancy and modern. I take my shoes off and head into the living room where I see Mitsuru sitting on the couch.

"Hello, Ms. Masuyo, it is a pleasure to meet you." I say to her with a bow. I don't know how long I can stay formal but I think I'm doing good so far.

"Yea whatever." She responded while not even looking at me, she is texting on her phone or something.

I receive a text message from an unknown phone that contains the daily schedule I have to make sure Mitsuru completes. And it doesn't seem anything too crazy, I think.

Things Mitsuru Masuyo MUST complete today

  1. Take to the studio for recordings
  2. Meet with the choreographer to discuss the choreography for the newest album
  3. Take to lunch
  4. Meet with the head planner for the upcoming concert

Actually, I take back everything I said. This looks really fucking hard but nothing like bullshitting can't help.

"What do we have to do first?" Mitsuru said to me, still not looking at me.

"We got to go to the studio." I say plainly as I take a seat on the sofa.

"Are you going like that or do you need to get ready?" I ask her while making myself comfortable.

"I have to get ready." She said as she stood up.

"I shouldn't take too long." 

With that, Mitsuru went off to her room and this left me alone in the living room.  Not knowing how long she is going to take I decided to make myself comfortable and turn on the TV to watch the cooking channel. Let's be honest, who doesn't enjoy watching some cooking videos. I don't even know how to cook but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

About 45 minutes have passed and I hear Mitsuru walking back into the living room. She took way longer than I thought she would but I didn't really care because I was too invested in the show and we also got plenty of time still.

"Let's take the Rolls Royce." Mitsuru blurted out.

"You got one of those?" I respond with a shocked face. I didn't even see it in the driveway, man this girl is a lot more famous than I thought.

"Yea."

"Uhh, okay then Ms. Do you know where the keys are?" I ask, standing up from the sofa.

"Here." She simply says and hands them over to me.

Normally I would shit my pants because I am about to drive a car that if I wreck it I will probably be sold into human trafficking and that will be the end to my story. 

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that my license expired a year ago because I don't even have a car so I saw no point in driving. Man, I never realized how much of a bum I am and it's not even 9 AM. But hey, everyone gets a second chance at life and this is mine.

We walk into the garage where the Rolls Royce is parked there in all its glory. Pretty sure it's a wraith but I don't know much about cars because I can't afford any.

I go to open the door to hop in the driver seat and I see Mitsuru standing still not getting in.

"Are you alright?" I ask her, with visible confusion on my face. 

"You're not going to hold the door open for me?" She said with an annoyed look on her face.

"Damn brat." I mutter to myself.

I get out of the car and walk over to the passenger side. I open the door and give her a hand gesture to get inside the vehicle. She then just looks at me and gets in without saying thank you, but I am not too shocked by that.

And finally, after all that, I backed the car out the driveway and start driving to the studio. The car rode like a dream, the beautiful exterior and interior made the experience way better. As we are driving through the neighborhood you can feel all the heads looking back and checking out the car as I drive by. One day if I make the right investment moves I can get myself one of these bad boys.

"Can you play music or something? This car ride is boring." Mitsuru finally spoke up but still not looking at me. She is looking out the window.

"Um, I don't think you will like my taste in music Ms. Masuyo." I say to her but my eyes are still focused on the road. 

"I'll play mine then." She said as she started playing some pop music. Honestly, it isn't too bad, I am more of a rock and hip-hop guy but I appreciate other genres too.

"Who sings this?" I ask her.

"Me." Mitsuru responded but this time she was looking at me to see what I would say next.

"Oh wow, you're really good." I say to her and give a little thumbs up.

"Have you even listened to my music?" She asked with a curious look.

"Uhhhhhhh. no." I say with a look of defeat.

"How come my manager doesn't even know my music." She said with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Can I be honest with you Ms. Masuyo?" I ask her.

She simply responds with a nod.

"I am probably the least qualified person for this job. Before today I was living in a small roach-infested apartment that's rent probably cost less than your shoes. I also have crippling debt due to some stupid choices I made when I was about your age that I need to pay off before the loan sharks rip my head off." I finally tell her. Pretty weird how I am being so upfront and I barely had a real conversation with her. But because of me being stupid I probably just got myself fired.

"Saying all that, why shouldn't just report you to the CEO and get me a real manager? Not some random bum off the streets?" She asks with her arms crossed.

"I may be in a financial predicament but I am not stupid. I also have no intentions whatsoever to try and make a girl uncomfortable which seems to be the trend with all these managers these days. I also, if you hadn't picked up, I am pretty honest and don't hold much back." I say trying to keep my cool but inside I feel like crying my heart out for being so stupid.

"I will tell you what Mr. Manager. I will give you a one-month trial at being my manager and if I am impressed I won't report you to the CEO that you're just a bum from the street. But if you fail to impress me and fail to listen to my request I will tell the CEO about you and publicly humiliate you in front of all Japan." Mitsuru tells me with a very stern look on her face.

"Deal," I say back putting my hand out for a small handshake to seal the deal. After five or so seconds I feel a small hand grab onto mine and shake it. 

For the rest of the car ride, not much was spoken but I cannot take this next month as a joke. This next month I will show her that I am more than some bum from the street. I am Rye Shiro and I will prove that I can be the best manager there ever was in the music industry. 

 

4