Chapter 2
778 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fabricator is complete."

I look at the white and orange device in front of me in pride. The device in front of me is called the Fabricator. A Fabricator is an appliance that I can use to craft Food & Water, Equipment, Tools, and Deployables from Raw Materials, Basic Materials, Advanced Materials, and Electronics.

This Fabricator is a perfect tool for me. I decided that I would stay outside the city to increase my power base and combine it with my power; I knew that I could survive. My current tech tree is mainly on survival.

From basic necessities like food and shelter to an underwater moving vehicle. There is a land-moving vehicle, but it will take a long time to build, and I don't have time on my hands.

I looked at the clock and saw it was already two in the morning. I spent two hours building this device, and I need to sacrifice my TV, scroll, toaster, and microwave to do so. To build other tools I want, I need to buy more resources.

"Tch. That means wasting my time in the market."

I'm fortunate to live in Kuchinashi. The city where one of the biggest black markets operates. This world is rather weird. Because of the existence of Dust in this world, the people of this world abandon other energy sources.

There is no need for Oil, there is no need for charcoal fuel, and there is no need for Nuclear Fusion.

Do you want to power up your mech? Dust. Do you want to power up your city? A massive Dust crystal. Do you want to use your toaster? There is a small dust crystal inside the toaster that lasts for twenty years.

Dust is a valuable source of energy. When used as an energy source, it lasts very long. Sadly, Dust is also used as a weapon's ammo to fight Grimm. Because of the abundance of Dust, the people of Remnant did not think of another source of energy and a substitute for their ammo.

This means that I can have that untouched resource for myself. Unfortunately, I did not have a tool to gather that resource.

I shake my head and take as much money as I have before getting out of the house. I cannot waste more time. I need to buy the material I need.

~Two hours later~

Dammit. It took longer than I thought it would be. It takes me two hours to gather all the items I need.

The tools I want to build are essential for my survival. Habitat builder, this tool lets me construct a habitat anywhere liveable. This tool will absorb any resource I feed it, and each item absorbed will appear on the screen.

There are already a few blueprints inside the tools that let me instantly build the habitat. Hell, there is a fabricator blueprint inside the Habitat builder. Sadly, I cannot make a Habitat builder without a fabricator.

The other thing I want to make is PDA, also known as Personal Digital Assistant. This device will be a huge boon to me. This PDA allows me to carry many kinds of items at once. PDA lets me digitize any item and store it inside the PDA.

Not only that, but this PDA also allows me to monitor my health, food intake, and oxygen intake for some weird reason.

Lastly, repair tools. It is an automatic repairing tool that lets me repair any device I build while using this tech tree. I decided to make this because I want to make sure all my devices work as intended.

A broken machine is a useless one, after all.

Not only the machine from this tech tree, but I can also add more blueprint inside the repair tool to repair other devices as well, but it was enough for now.

After getting all of the items I need, I will quickly get out of this city. I can use this city to sell my device, but I cannot stay here longer than I need to. While my current tech tree is a great tech tree for my survival in the wilderness, it was not as good for my survival in the city filled with criminals.

It didn't have any tools for self-defense.

I already know about the location I want to pick after looking at the map. I will go to the forest in the southeast of the city. It takes half an hour for me to get there via my motorcycle. This forest is so thick that it was a perfect place to hide.

Not only that, because the location is relatively far away from the main city, there is only a little bit of Grimm roaming around. They are more attracted to the negative emotion the city releases than the forest.

Even when a Grimm is coming at me, I still can survive one or two Beowolf coming at me. I have a few guns with me. Not only that, because I did not activate my Aura, I can sneak past the Grimm without a problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Just before the sun rises, a single motorcycle leaves Kuchinasi city's wall. The one riding this motorcycle is none other than Angelo. Behind him is a massive sack filled with electronic items from his house.

He continued to drive through the road that goes to the south. When he arrives at the end of the road, Angelo turns right and gets inside the forest. After another twenty minutes of slow driving, he arrived in front of a small clearing.

This is the location Angelo chose. It was not too far away from the city but too close either. He can buy any item he wants from the city, and he is in a rather safe place from the crime family that stabs him in the back.

Not only that, but this location is also near the river that connects to the sea. Angelo takes out her PDA, and suddenly a small device appears in his hand.

"Let see. I'm near a River. I can make my own water base in this place. I can make a Moonpool in the river."

After thinking about it for a few seconds, Angelo decides to make one multi-purpose room on the ground near the shore and connect the Moonpool to the main base. Angel chooses the multi-purpose room, and suddenly a massive hologram appears in front of him.

The height of the hologram is five meters tall with a diameter of ten meters. Angelo places the hologram just right next to the body of water before pressing the trigger. Suddenly, the hologram becomes solid, and fifteen minutes later, the habitat has finished being constructed.

After building the multi-purpose room, Angelo built a hatch on the multi-purpose room to let him get inside the room. After that, he selected the Solar Panel option and built it on top of the multi-purpose room. Angelo decided to build two solar panels on the multi-purpose room.

Angelo then gets inside the base and begins to build other things as well. Fabricator, Water Filtration Machine, Fridge, etc. After two hours of decorating his new base with many kinds of items, Angelo decides to lie on the bed for a few minutes before getting up and getting ready to build another Tinker Tech.

He cannot laze around just yet. Angelo knows that while this forest is not as dangerous as the other forest, Grimm still has a chance to roam to his base. He had an assault rifle in his possession, but he knew that it was not enough.

"There is one item that I need. Stasis Rifle. While it could only freeze my enemy for 6.5 seconds while it was unchanged, it was good enough in case of an emergency. If I can charge it for five seconds, I can freeze my target for twenty seconds. I don't know if it was working for a larger target, but it was good enough to stop their legs from working."

Lucky for Angelo, the sun had already started to rise, and the solar panels started to gather energy to power up his Fabricator.

-||-

 

Tinker tech in this chapter:

 

Habitat Builder:

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

Fabricator:

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

PDA:

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

Repair Tool:

Spoiler

deb7f7154ebb83451e42bd1693449ab1.jpg

[collapse]
10