Chapter 9
498 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the news with my mouth wide open. I can see news about me fighting against a horde of Grimm, and it looks like someone is recording me fighting the Grimm horde using a drone. Dammit. I thought that I was alone in that thick forest.

What's the odds of it happening?

An odd drone records me fighting against a horde of Grimm in a massive forest in the middle of nowhere is very unlikely. Not only that news, but my video also became trending in this world equivalent of Youtube called R-Tube.

The view of my fight has already reached ten million views. Urgh. I didn't really need this attention to myself, especially the attention of Atlas on my back. The interview between the reporter and the Councilman of Atlas, saying that they want to recruit me.

While I don't mind working for the people in canon like Ozpin or Ironwood, I'm not ready to do it just yet. Give me a few more months to get myself some experience. For now, I need to move out.

Knowing Ironwood, he will send some men to track me down, and if I remember from the show, Oce-Ops will be the one tracking me down.

I don't want to make this so soon, but it looks like I don't have any more choices.

I get out from my base and walk toward the river behind me. Floating near my base is my only underwater vehicle. This thing is called Cyclops, a massive submarine I constructed with the help of a device called Mobile Vehicle Bay.

This device can help me construct any vehicle that has already been added to this device database. There are three vehicles in the database. Cyclops, Prawn Suit, and Seamoth.

The smallest submarine I can build is called Seamoth.

The Seamoth is a small, versatile one-person submersible and spacecraft capable of sustained high-speed travel over considerable distances. It boasts an omnidirectional propulsion system that allows for lateral and vertical movement that gradually increases to a maximum of 11.25 m/s in any single direction.

Yup, I can use this vehicle to explore space, but I have yet to encounter the material needed to modify the Seamoth so it can explore space. Not only that, this vehicle can only explore space and not take me to space. I still need to build a rocket to do it.

Prawn Suit, also known as Pressure Reactive Armored Waterproof Nano Suit Mk.III (abbv. PRAWN Suit Mk. III) is a bipedal mechanical walker designed for use in extreme-pressure and zero-gravity environments. A plasteel-reinforced canopy of enameled glass protects the single occupant, and dexterity is provided by hydraulic limbs that are capable of striking with enough force to crush bone and pulverize rock.

At first, I wanted to make a Prawn Suit, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided to make Cyclops. Not only because it has a function as a vehicle, but it also has a function as my mobile base.

Especially when I already make an upgrade for the Cyclops. The first one I made is Cyclops Depth Module MK3, which lets my submarine dive up to one point two kilometers under the sea. This thing cost me too many resources for my comfort.

Enchanting the hull takes more time and many resources. I almost depleted my steel, Kyanite (A combination of metal called Brus and fire dust crystal), and Plasteel Ingot (combination of titanium and lithium).

Brus cost me a good amount of money. One hundred thousand Lien per kilogram. It looks like Brus is the main metal needed to make the Fire Dust refining machine. This metal can contain a massive amount of heat and, when combined with a large Fire Dust crystal, can create a new crystal called Kyanite.

Other than Depth Module MK3, I also make Cyclops Engine Efficiency Module. This module lets my Cyclops recycle heat by-products to increase engine efficiency. The next one is Shield Generator, the same shield generator I use when fighting the Grimm but stronger. This time, the barrier will only break after a few thousand worths of TNT concentrate blast.

This is my biggest achievement. It takes a combination of magic and technology.

Not only that, but I also made an automatic gun turret around the Cyclops in case a Grim comes at me.

However, I don't think it was needed as I already made a small barrier on top of my primary barrier consisting of Yrden signs that scared Grimm. At least a smaller Grimm. A bigger Grimm hesitates to attack, but I think they can attack.

The last one is the Solar Reactor Module. This lets me recharge my Cyclops. If my calculation is correct, then my Cyclops can continue to run forever as long as I rise to the surface on the day.

I shake my head and get on top of my Cyclops before getting inside. I close the hatch and get down to the airlock. A few seconds later, I get inside the bridge where I can drive the massive submarine.

I smile a little at the sight in front of me before frowning.

"I never give you a name, huh? Elizabeth. I will call you Elizabeth."

Elizabeth, the name of one of the successful Queens on earth and my mother's name on earth. A strong woman that endured much pain but still stood proud with her head high.

"Please take care of me, Elizabeth."

I touch the steering wheel with a smile before taking out a habitat builder.

"Before I get away from here, I need to dismantle all of my projects. Tch. That means I need to re-dig the strip mine once I make another base. Lucky for me, all the equipment crafted from crafting tables have the same effect as Minecraft games. Other than dismantling all of the projects I have, I also need to close the hole to the mine."

I don't know how long I have before someone knocks on my door. While I don't mind leaving all the resources behind, I don't want to. Two days. I need to gather all the resources I have in this base before I get out.

"First thing first, the dust. I need to gather all of them. They are my source of income after all."

7