Chapter 16
363 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

*BOOM*

All the people inside Elizabeth can hear an explosion. Not only did they hear the explosion, but they also felt the submarine shake violently. The people hug each other, fearing for the submarine to get destroyed and they will be dead inside the cyclops.

However, instead of sinking to the bottom of the sea, nothing happened. There is no water leak, there is no explosion other than the outside Elizabeth, and no one died from the attack.

The only thing that is destroyed in this attack is Angelo's portable shield module. Angelo also feels his body hurting really bad. It was as if someone was stabbing you in the back. He uses a large amount of his magic at once, and it hurts his magic core.

"Urgh. C-Can someone get that vial on that table?"

Angelo speaks in a low voice while pointing at the table inside the bridge. A young man quickly ran toward the table and picked up a vial filled with purple liquid. After getting the vial, he quickly ran toward Angelo, who nodded his head.

"Thanks"

Angelo quickly drinks the potion and can feel his magic slowly refilled. This is a new potion that Angelo made. This potion can replenish his mana. With the help of a brewing stand from Minecraft tech tree, Angelo can experiment many kinds of plants that can help him replenish his mana.

After drinking the potion, Angelo can feel his body recover and refreshed. He then quickly got up from the ground and walked toward the bridge. He still has a job to do.

"Elizabeth, how is the situation?"

"Lucky for us, the attack is not strong enough to punch through all the barriers you make, sir. Right hull is not damaged, and the shield is still in one hundred percent condition."

"Good. Start to charge the main cannon."

"Are you sure, sir? It will take a large amount of energy."

"Yes, I'm sure. We need to destroy that group of Grimm before we can fight the one behind us. Change the direction. We will kill them in one shot. After that, kill the movement engine. We need to save as much energy as we can."

"Yes, sir. Adjusting…"

While Elizabeth moves to face the Sea Feilong head-on, Angelo runs to the engine room and quickly turns off the safety button for the cannon. This cannon is one of the biggest achievements he made. With the Megaman tech tree, he was able to put a laser beam cannon just underneath the bridge section. This cannon will compress a massive amount of energy before releasing it in the form of a laser beam that will explode once it hits a target.

"Elizabeth! Start charging the cannon!"

"Start charging…"

"Deploy the small drone! All of them! We need a distraction."

"Deploying a scout drone…."

A part of Elizabeth opens up, and eleven small drones get out and swim toward the Sea Feilong. While a scout drone did not have big firepower, they were still equipped with small machine guns equal to level one turret.

They cannot kill the Grimm, but they are a good enough distraction, especially with Elizabeth controlling them.

"Qrow! Let the automatic turret take care of the Grimm behind us! Take care of the Sea Feilong and its companion."

"Understood."

Qrow quickly changed the direction of his aim and switched his gun to a missile launcher. After aiming for a second, he pressed the trigger. A small missile was launched from the turret above Elizabeth. The missile traveled for a few seconds before it hit one of the Grimm around the Sea Feilong.

However, instead of exploding, the missile releases a yellowish gas. The Grimm inside the gas starts to melt. This is a concoction Angelo makes using the plant around Mistral that really works well against Grimm.

Sadly, this concoction can only work underwater as it does not react when it is in the open air.

After firing the first missile, Qrow looks at the middle-aged man standing next to his gun control station.

"Help me reload the missile. Open the hatch by turning it to the right. You then put the missile inside. Remember to make sure the pointy bit is on the front. After that, close the hatch. The missile is inside the storage above it."

The middle-aged man nodded his head and quickly reloaded the missile launcher before saying.

"Done!"

Hearing the man's voice, Qrow fires another missile at a group of Grimm.

"Reload!"

"Done!"

Qrow continues to fire a missile toward a group of Grimm, and after seeing a cloud of gas surround the Sea Feilong, he switches his weapon back to a normal gun.

A minute later, Qrow and the others can hear Angelo's voice from the comm.

"A cannon will be deployed. Passenger, please hold something. The cannon will be deployed in five…."

The people in the storage area start to grab something near them and protect their young with their arms.

"Four… Three… Two… One…"

Once the countdown is over, Elizabeth fires a massive beam of blue laser toward the Sea Feilong that is too late to dodge the attack. The submarine was thrown back a little because of the recoil but stopped after a few seconds.

The Sea Feilong tried to fight the laser beam by creating another lightning blast, but unfortunately, it was too late as a blue light obliterated it. The Grimm that tries to protect its leader also has the same fate as the Sea Feilong.

With the death of Sea Feilong, the other Grimm that is chasing Angelo and his companion start to swim away. While they are creatures without souls, they still have instincts. With the death of the biggest Grimm in the area, they know that they did not have a chance and start to retreat.

It was the best outcome for Angelo as another continuous fight was not good for him and Elizabeth.

"Sir, the Grimm starts to retreat."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yes. Do you want to broadcast the feed?"

"Yes. Do that."

Angelo smiles a little when he sees the Grimm retreating. Qrow is still shooting the leftover Grimm who is the cannon fodder for the bigger Grimm, and a minute later, Qrow sees there is no more Grimm he can shoot and get out from his shooting station.

Angelo takes the walkie-talkie and says.

"The fight is over. The Grimm is retreating."

The people inside the submarine start to cheer, and some of them are even crying in relief. Angelo sat down on his captain seat and released a relief breath.

"That is a close one."

7