Chapter 17
381 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I really need to remain myself to upgrade the weapon around Elizabeth. I'm really lucky to have made that new water turbine that gathers more energy. If not for that thing, we are boned. That Mega Buster I made alongside the gun turret is a lifesaver.

If not for it, we will be dead. That Sea Feilong is really dangerous. It is well known as Ship Destroyer Grimm, and I did not want it to destroy my ship. Thank you very much.

"Angelo"

I look to my side and see Qrow walking toward me.

"Hmmm?"

"How long until we arrive in Shion?"

"Around ten hours or twelve hours if we did not stop."

"Can the submarine run nonstop?"

"Yes. Elizabeth needs to rest after that, however. With the cannon, shield, and gun turret on maximum capabilities, the machine would overheat if I did not turn her off for a few moments."

"Good. We need to get to Shion as fast as we can."

"Hmmm? Why?"

I already know the reason why but I decided to act confused. I can see Qrow sigh before saying.

"I did not want another Grimm coming at us."

"I don't think they will come. Especially with the people here who have a high spirit from the victory we had."

"Look, I did not want another Grimm attack happening because of me."

"Because of you?"

"Haaaa… My semblance is called Misfortune. I cause bad luck to happen to the people around me and me. I have a feeling we will get attacked by another wave of Grimm if I stay here any longer."

"Very well."

~A few hours later~

"Are you finished?"

I look at Qrow for a second before nodding my head.

"Yup. The shield module is ready to be used once again."

"I have never seen this kind of technology in my life. Even Atlas did not have this kind of technology. I did not want to admit it, but that tin can have the best technology in the Remnant."

"Tin can?"

"You might know him as James Ironwood."

"The great general? Why in the seven hell did you call him tin can?"

"Heh. It is just a nickname between the two of us. Anyway, are you sure you are from Oasis and not from Atlas?"

"No. I will never be accepted in Atlas. You can see the reason why."

Qrow looked into my eyes for a second before nodding his head.

"Fair enough."

"Oh? You did not want to tell me how Atlas would accept me because of my intelligence?"

"Nahhh, I know what Atlas looks like and how they operate. Faunus will never be accepted into Atlas, not unless they want to do a PR campaign. Even then, they will make sure the said Faunus is already blackmailed into doing the council's bidding."

I look at Qrow with a shocked expression. Did he just say that Atlas council blackmailed a Faunus to do their bidding?

"Did you just say that the Atlas council has blackmailed a Faunus?"

"Heh, it happened. They try to cover it, but they cannot cover it forever. While I see that tin can as a friend, the council behind him is garbage."

"Fair enough. Anyway, we should arrive at Shion in five hours. Can you tell the others about this news?"

"Yeah, sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Qrow looks at his employer and drinks the whiskey inside his flask before speaking.

"So, what do you want to know?"

"From the first. Tell us how you met him."

Qrow takes a deep breath before starting to tell the headmaster and headteacher of Beacon about his journey. He tells them how he met the white-haired Faunus and how he invited him to his submarine. He tells them about the fight between them and a group of Grimm coming at the submarine. More importantly, Qrow tells them how the white-haired Faunus is a magic user and how his people get hunted down by the Queen's pawn.

"Do you know about this group, Ozpin?"

Glynda Goodwitch looked at the headmaster.

"Yes and no. I know a group of magic-users use their gift to earn money by becoming a mercenary, but I thought they were already wiped out in the Great War. Qrow, he said that his magic is not as big as yours, right?"

"Yes. He said that."

Ozpin nods his head and says.

"That means he is a member of that tribe. They are the descendants of a noble family in the long past. Sadly, they get kicked out of the said noble house because of their low magic reserve. It looks like because of their low reserve, their magic still survives when the Gods abandon Remnant, and they have kept a low key for millennia before Salem knows about their location and decides to wipe them out."

The tribe Ozpin is talking about has already been wiped out, and it was just a coincidence that it was the same tribe that Salem killed a thousand years ago. Ozpin spoke the truth when he said that only six people could use magic.

Ozpin really hoped that one of the people in the past would successfully pass down their magic to their descendants, and to this day, he hopes that some of them survive. While he is more than two millennia old, he knows that Remnant is vast.

He hoped that some magic users would survive the magical purge in the past. However, as time passed, his hope was slowly dismissed, and he began to think that there was no more magical user in this world. Ozpin regrets that he did not know about this group called the Witcher earlier than the Grimm's Queen, but he is glad that one of them survived and hates her for killing his family.

"Qrow, do you know where this man is going?"

"Truthfully, I don't know. I never asked about his destination and did not want to stay inside his submarine."

"And may I ask why?"

"Do you forget about my semblance? Me being there for a few minutes, already summoning a horde of Grimm and a massive Sea Feilong leading them. If not for the weaponry inside the submarine, we would be dead. I don't want to think what will happen if I stay there for days."

"... I see. I understand."

Ozpin nods his head and takes a sip of his hot cocoa before saying.

"Qrow, I need you to track him down once again. We already have his identity, and because he is a huntsman, we can invite him to join our rank."

"So you want me to recruit him?"

"Yes. You are the one who knows about him the most, and I feel you can recruit him into Beacon."

"How about Jimmy? I know he wants to recruit Angelo before you can."

"As much as I respect him as my friend and ally, James did not see the bigger picture. Even when Angelo accepted his offer, he did not see that Angelo would not grow in Atlas. Angelo will continue to be harassed by the people in Atlas Academy."

"Yeah, I thought so. Sure, I will try to track him. Lucky for me, I was able to see the map on top of him. His original destination is Argus."

"Argus, huh? Hmmm, I see."

"Huh? What? What are you thinking?"

"Nothing, Qrow. Nothing at all."

7