Chapter 18
380 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Elizabeth, how is the parameter?"

"We are in the green, sir. There is no Grimm in a three hundred meter radius."

"Good. I will leave Eli to you, okay?"

"Of course, sir."

After saying that, I get out from the Cyclops and take a deep breath. After a few days inside the submarine, I need to resupply. While I have my own fruit tree that makes the fruit very quickly and a stock of dried meat that lasts me for another ten days, I want to eat something else.

Because of this, I stopped just two days away from Argus. There is a village called Kigiku to the east of where I park my submarine. Speaking of submarines, I decided to rename them. I now call it Eli. The reason? Elizabeth became my personal assistant. She already became a full pledge AI, and I don't think staying inside a Cyclops all day is the right decision.

I decided to let Elizabeth get into my personal computer in costume. I already promised her that I would make her a body when I got the right tech tree.

"Elizabeth, can you alert me if a Grimm is near me?"

"Of course, sir. As long as you did not turn off your radar, I will notify you if there is a suspicious movement near you."

"Thank you, Elizabeth. You are the best."

"Of course, sir."

I nod my head before taking out my Snowfox hoverbike from my bag and getting on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

"Why?!? Renny and I have the Huntsmen Approval License!"

An orange-haired young woman wearing white and pink combo combat clothes shouted at the man behind the counter inside the huntsmen mission guild. This young woman is Nora Valkyrie, a soon-to-be huntress in training.

Holding her back is her close friend Lie Ren. Ren is a young man with long black hair that ends midway down his back. There is a magenta streak on the left side of his hair. His eyes match the streak in his hair.

They want to take a mission in Kigiku village to earn some money, but it looks like the guild did not allow them to take any mission. They already earn the Huntsmen Approval License from a hunter that takes them to his mission when they are in Shion.

While a small village allows them to take a mission by showing this license, a bigger village or town will not allow them to take a mission without a fully licensed huntsman coming with them. Sadly for them, all the huntsmen in the village have already taken a mission, and currently, no active huntsmen are willing to take them.

"And like I said, if no huntsman is willing to take you, I cannot give you the mission."

"Come on! Can't you make an exception, please?~"

"No."

Lie Ren quickly pulls Nora away from the poor receptionist, who almost gets his legs broken by Nora, who takes her weapon from her back.

"Nora, please."

"But Renny! We did not have enough Lien to rent a room!"

"I know, Nora. It looks like we need to make a camp in the forest for today."

"But-But! Tomorrow is your birthday, and I did not want to let you sleep in a forest when it is your birthday."

"Don't worry about it, Nora. I'm already getting used to it."

Just when the two of them try to get out of the guild, Angelo gets inside the building and walks to the mission board. After looking at it for a few seconds, he decided to take the Search and Destroy quest on the board.

Angelo is short of money because he went overboard buying a computer scrap that was being sold in bulk. Because of that, he is short of money to buy the supplies he needs. Seeing no other choice, he decided to go to the huntsmen guild. He can sell his dust, but he starts running out of dust from all the experiments he does in his submarine.

"I will take this mission."

"Beowolves extermination? Are you sure, sir? There is a higher reward mission."

"Yes. I only have a few Lien before continuing my journey."

"I see. Then…"

Before the receptionist could stamp the mission notice, Nora decides to run toward Angelo and says.

"Excuse me! Can you take us on this mission?!?"

"Nora, wait!"

Angelo looks at a familiar face in front of him and starts to think about the odd meeting Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren in a place like this. He knew that both of them did not really have any home to stay, but he thought that they were already in Vale instead of Mistral.

"Aw, come one, Renny! He can help us get the mission we want!"

"Nora, we can't just demand a hunter to take us on their mission."

"Awwww, but he doesn't seem to mind taking us," Nora looks at Angelo with begging eyes that somehow shine, making her look like a crying puppy. "Right?"

Angelo looks at the bubbly girl before shrugging and saying.

"Sure. What kind of mission do you want to take?"

"Yay~"

Lie Ren looks at Angelo with a shocked expression before bowing at him and saying.

"Thank you for taking us, sir. We will not disappoint you."

"Think nothing of it. Also, call me Angelo. I'm still in my mid-twenties, and calling me 'sir' makes me sound old. Anyway, can I see your license?"

"Ah, of course."

Lie Ren grabs Nora, who is doing her victory dance, and tells her to show her license. A second later, both of them show their scroll to Angelo, who looks at the scroll for a second before giving them back their scroll.

"Here you go. What kind of mission do you want to take anyway?"

"We want to take care of the Ursa Major!"

"Oh? Ursa Major… Aha, here we are. Hmmm, Ursa Major in the south, an hour from here. That is too close."

Angelo looks at the receptionist and says.

"Why does no one take care of Grimm? That thing is only an hour from here if we go by foot and only a few minutes if we use some car."

"Because no one can defeat it, sir. We already asked the Kingdom of Mistral to send their more experienced hunter, but no one is willing to accept the mission with this amount of money."

"I see. We will take it. The same with the Alpha Beowolf one. They are not too far away from each other."

Angelo looks at both Ren and Nora before saying.

"You guys did not mind, right?"

"Yes! We will break those beowolf legs."

Angelo smiles a little before saying.

"Yup, we will take those two missions."

6