Another Beginning
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A massive glass ball orbiting around a medium sized star. That’s where I end up after escaping my previous life through death. Escaping life through death only to live it again, it’s quite ironic.

 

  Well, I have a general idea of where I am. I get repeating settings quite often afterall. This glass ball is a base for the Algato Liberation Army. The name sounds cool but in reality they’re just a bunch of extremists rebelling against the Algato Empire, a galactic empire that spans thousands of star systems. It’s not like this group is the only of its kind either, there are dozens of other groups who go by various names who essentially all are the exact same.

 

None of them have any chance of taking down a Galactic Empire that’s lasted nearly 100,000 years. Thousands of these groups have been disbanded or destroyed over the years, and there have already been at least several dozen groups who even had the exact same name as this one.

 

Of course, none of them found any success, unless you consider getting your entire organization wiped out as a success.

 

Despite this, ending up at one of these bases is quite convenient. Since people constantly come and go, no one questions a new face appearing out of no where. It’s also quite easy to create a fake ID as these organizations often work outside the law.

 

Every time I end up in a new place, I have to get a new identification. It really sucks I’m not just given an ID as ‘starting gear,’ but at least I’m fortunate enough to get a change of clothing. I guess even a cruel deity doesn’t want to see me running around naked.

 

Well, I’ve gone through this process so many times that I can be called an expert at this point. The first step is to find a shady looking guy in some alleyway just outside the main hub...

 

“What ‘er you lookin’ at.” 

 

And there’s our target.

 


 

Anyways, after that ordeal, my new identity was created. I had to go through a few people, and it was quite the hassle, but I’ll spare you the details. What’s more important now is escaping this glass ball before…

 

“TROOPS TO STATIONS! THE IMPERIAL ARMY HAS BEEN SPOTTED! I REPEAT, ALL TROOPS TO STATIONS!”

 

And there it is. Just my luck; it’s now going to be a pain in the ass to get out of here in one piece.

 

You might think I can just die and try again like I mentioned earlier, but that won’t work for a certain reason… Well, you can just think of it as a conditional thing. I’ll omit the details. Besides, dying hurts, you know?

 

I make my way over to a shelter for non-combatants and decide to talk my way out of this predicament and claim innocence after the army takes this place over. I mean, I AM innocent, so I shouldn’t be much of a problem, right?

 

Well, I wish life was that easy…

 


 

Imperial Soldier Clement Ashire’s Story:

 

A few days ago, we located a rebel base. The Algato Liberation Army, an infamous rebel organization with several decades of history, resided there. As they are quite a large group, this would prove to be an audacious task, especially when you consider the size of our force.

 

Normally, we would send a much larger force, but we must keep small numbers so as to not alert the enemy and allow them to escape. Rebel forces that last for decades are usually very good at escaping our forces after all. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t have lasted for so long.

 

“They’ve detected us and it looks like they’re arming their defenses!” Kallus, a crew member in my squadron, reported.

 

“Well, we should be fine regardless. Proceed as previously planned.” Captain Marner ordered.

 

We deployed our siege weaponry and began our assault. The siege took several hours, but our vastly superior technology along played a huge part in our victory. While there were casualties, we managed to take over the base without losing too many of our forces. Of course, there’s bound to be combatants even inside the base, so we tread carefully as land our starships and enter the base.

 

After some reconnaissance, our squad is assigned to clearing out facilities on the south-eastern part of the base. And so, we headed to a shelter which likely housed non-combatants...

1