Shopping and a Home.
88 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first shop we went to was a clothing shop. I was still wearing Liona's school uniform after all... it was starting to get to me.

'Sure, I may look like a child at the moment but that doesn't mean I want to be a child! Though, what are with those looks.'

As we walked I saw some looks from people. They weren't evil ones, those I'd just glare at. These looks were just... pity ones.

'That's weird.'

We arrived at the store minutes later and were immediately assaulted by the workers. The word cute had been said more times than I had thought humanly possible as me and Mimi were used as dress-up dolls. Fin was encouraging the staff to do so.

Mimi was put into dresses and boy's clothes alike and had swapped clothing at least a hundred times in the hour we were there. As for me, it was double that at the very least. The store had girls who loved cats and one who especially loved tigers. Their love for beast-kin was at least better than prejudiced stares or disgusting looks so I simply resigned myself to the sudden modelling. Among the many clothes I wore, I chose: A butler suit, three pairs of shorts, two camisoles, multiple pairs of undergarments, three hoodies and four different shirts. They also forced me to take several one piece and two piece dresses. As for what they said when I mentioned I could only take ten articles...

"We needed a good model so just come back three more times after to pay in pictures."

They wore both satisfied and hungry smiles. I patted Fin and Mimi's backs and led them out of the store, my smile twitching the whole way.

"Let's go."

The next stop dealt with food and drink and we got the four boxes and eight servings we were promised. It was much faster than the hours of work in the clothing store.

The walk back to the cabin was comfortably slow with the scenery melding into it as we made our way back. Once there, I was rushed near the house to put down the spoils of work. As soon as we got done with that I transformed and the other four children decided to hang off my tail and other parts of my fur while Mimi and Fin on my back smiled like some small overlords. It bugged me so I tossed them off and used my tail to catch them.

The result was a shocked Fin and laughing Mimi. Half the result I was expecting but still, it's enough. I placed them down and gently pushed the others away before transforming back. I looked over at Liona and saw her smiling, then she welcomed us back in a way that was unexpected and alien to me.

"Welcome home."

My heart skipped a beat as she said that. A home. I hadn't had a home in the last two thousand years... I didn't cry yet, but I had a realization while walking with them.

"Hmm, my plans will be pushed back though... it will be worth it."

Peppermint's head tilted as she spoke.

"What will be worth it?"

"Who knows." I smiled cryptically.

Peppermint then proceeded to turn into a chipmunk as she pouted.

'Those are so pinchable... restrain yourself Amber, restrain yourself.'

As I was restraining myself, we walked in to the cabin. Quaint was one word for it and, honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. The hallway leading into the house had one of those double-door features with a small gap between a glass door and a cloth door with really small holes spanning across it. There was a small shelf for shoes and a coatrack along the wall. On walking in there were three directions you could go. Back into the hallway, to the right and up the staircase, or the quarter circle direction that spans from sharp left to straight ahead.

To the left was the living room. The room had a glass coffee table with a little platform below it for storage and a couch opposite a TV on the other side that was attached to the wall. There were two armchairs that sat opposite the remaining two sides of the rectangular coffee table. Off to the side was another rocking chair by a window.

Straight ahead was a split in the hallway with two more directions, a left into the kitchen and a right into a closet with a boiler. The boiler and the closet weren't special, just a regular boiler and some other stuff like brooms, dustpans and trash cans. There was even a few cobwebs and one random... whiteboard? There was a marker attached too. As for the kitchen, it was like someone eradicated all traces of dirt and unclean things and made it into the epitome of a clean kitchen.

The most important part was that there was an orange pizza oven. A. Pizza. Oven. I hadn't seen one in so long, I almost cried from the fact that I'd be able eat and cook pizza later with it.

Anyways, Liona said she'd show me my room later and started walking to the kitchen with Fin and Ka following her. The following hours were Liona, Fin and Ka all cooking a massive amount of food while I simply sat at the table and watched over Peppermint and the others talking about anime while they all played bluff with cards.

Mimi was terrible at it.

"Amber! Come help with bringing food."

"Coming~"

I smiled as I made my way into the kitchen and picked up two plates and balanced a third with my tail and a fourth on my head. Arriving at the table, the plates were soon set and I sat down with everyone else, there was no prayer, no extra steps. We just waited for everyone and then ate. The taste of everything was even better than the smell and the smell was mouth-watering.

There was: Pizza; Calzones; Cau-cau; Suicide Chicken Wings surprisingly.

'Liona seems to love spicy food.'

As I began to go down the rabbit hole of different spicy foods, my thoughts were interrupted by Irael speaking.

"I'd love to eat this everyday..."

Liona responded quite quickly.

"Well, I'd love to as well, although... we don't have enough fuel."

"Someone can just get a Fire Seal and it'll be fine."

""A what?""

My face was probably as blank as a new piece of paper.

"A seal? Y'know, that thing you earn every class-up or evolution?"

""No?""

"How is that possible, ev-"

I stopped.

'Right... it's only been three months or so since the start. I, I really went back in time.'

I sighed.

'This is going to take some getting used to.'

1