(2) 8: Earth?
4.3k 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The new life-forms who had started the System, and in turn sponsored Humanity were still in the Earth's exosphere. However, unlike before, they were no longer alone and all around them, on every side, were different life-forms resting.

Some, like them, were able to and thus had decided to sponsor a race on Earth. Others didn't have that chance or didn't want it, as they instead had opted to integrate their own species onto Earth. It was all fair though, as they did still have to follow certain guidelines and procedures, and thus couldn't just colonise the whole of Earth with their full force within a day.

At first, the two lifeforms who were behind Humanity had been joyful, after all, they had been the first to discover Earth. Activating the first system meant that it automatically became more authoritative and powerful than any other activated after it. This meant that most of the other races had opted to use the system they had started, meaning it gave Humans more of an advantage as they had the most, even if limited, control over the system and could pass on tips and items the other species couldn't.

Of course, not all the species were using their system, some had decided to activate more expensive ones anyway. But those would still be subpar to theirs, due to the law of order.

And so everything had looked good: not only did they wield the most power out of all the life-forms in the exosphere due to the law of order, but the species they sponsored were also, by far, the most dominating on Earth. In fact, it looked too good…

The second life-form looked at the first, who had a despondent expression, before sighing. It looked like it really had come to worst, but he felt he might as well ask to make sure.

"What's wrong? Anything wrong with the system?"

The first life-form gave the first a glancing glare, before saying "You know what's wrong. This really was too good for us. The other bastards knew how much of an advantage we held, and so they have decided to team up.

The fucking invader species have teamed up with the sponsored species, all in order to just tipple our advantage…"

It looked like the worst situation the two had theorised had actually come into play. The teamwork between the sponsored species and the invader ones wouldn't be perfect or permanent by any stretch due to the countless variables, but it meant that Humanity now had a force against them that was right now equal to them in force, but one that would only get much stronger as time went on…

Both of the life-forms then stood in a restless silence, before the second finally spoke again.

"Fine then, just activate maximum assistance."

The first had thought this long ago, but the risk with it was just too high,

"Are you sure? If we activate maximum assistance, it means we'll have minimum control over the Humans and miniscule control over the other species. It basically defeats the point of us setting up the system in the first place: the Humans will become sponsored only in name from us, they will not be bound by anything…"

The second simultaneously replied as he already knew what his partner would say,

"They fucking forced us. They knew we'd have to do this, which is why they probably teamed up in the first place. Otherwise, we would only keep falling in power as the others raised theirs; we might as well put all our support into these Chimps and hope for the fucking best!"

With no argument in response, the second life-form simply went to the system controls on the device she was holding, before applying the maximum help she could do. It was as she clicked [Accept] that the system asked one last helpful and cautionary, but taunting in this situation, question.

Are you sure you want to commit to your changes? There will be no way back, and you will be sacrificing your power in order to do so.

With a heavy palm, the second life-form tapped the device.

[Accept]

Changes are now underway.

A short while later,

Changes are now complete.

Good luck!

****


****

Stanis felt the solid ground under him, as he opened his eyes to a blue sky overhead. He couldn't move his head, nor body whatsoever but he knew this was Earth. In the far distance, he could see the solid ground continue past the horizon. He could barely see a wide expanse of green at the corner of his eye, and he could hear the roaring crashes of the waves and the smell the salty whiff. In his direct front, he could see people he knew: Caleb, David, Lucy, Sarah, and Jayesh. This meant that behind him were Orena, and the dangerous-looking, cold European from the other team…

Despite the fact he couldn't move, and the fact that he could see that no one else could either, he still felt shivers run down his spine as he thought of the two monsters in Human form behind him.

Welcome back to Earth, Humans. We truly hope you enjoyed our Tutorial.

All teams have been grouped together with four others, all groups a short distance from the next. The area you are currently in is very important: it is where we shall be dropping resources every week. This includes living resources necessary to live with, a few luxury ones from your own previous lifestyles, and a few extra special ones which will help you to survive in this World.

We highly recommend you protect this area for those very reasons, after all, they are just as appealing to you as they are to the other inhabitants of Earth.

The planet Earth has transformed, allowing it new capabilities. We will now explain a few new realities of this world.

Firstly, at the heart of every life-form you kill, you will find a Storage Stone. Simply apply pressure upon it to have a chance for it to release certain gifts. This can range from additional Statistic points, additional Experience, Skills and many more.

We recommend that you chase the path to improving yourselves if you want to survive, and more importantly thrive on Earth. These Storage Stones will be an integral part of that.

Secondly, you are no longer the dominating species on Earth, nor are there any right now.

We recommend that you do not forget the Humanity you share with the people around you. Those bonds will only get stronger as you realise your weakness in this world and will be another integral part of survival.

Thirdly, with the resources you get from the monsters around you, whether it be from their bodies or the Storage Stones, you can create buildings. These buildings will be simple and serve a simple function. They do have the ability to get better, but only if your species wills it and makes it so.

And finally, what we have told you now is only a minuscule part of the reality you are now living.

To end this introduction, we have a message from your Host: "Humans, I have provided you with as much support as I can. Your dominance over Earth will now be challenged through every means possible, and I truly hope that you will be able to survive through that.

I repeat that you are no longer the dominating species: you will no longer have the luxury that comes alongside that. I believe that you being a part of our race means that you will find the Path to success eventually, I just hope it doesn't take you too long…"

Stanis could feel his body coming back to his mind's control, but was still lost for movement as he tried to take in all the information from the message. It was a short moment later that he realised the severity of his situation as he discreetly placed one foot forward, before attempting to move the other.

But danger wasn't far off as he could swear he felt a deathly-cold hand tighten around his shoulder. He paused for a second, hoping the feeling to go away. But it turned out to be a curse as he could only feel the tightness getting larger.

And so he slowly turned his head around, only to come face to face with Orena. She still had blood painted across her face, as well as her hair braided up. Her eyes were dangerously provocative, although Stanis dared not to challenge her as he looked down in reflex.

She let out a tinkle of laughter, before saying "Stay close boy. Tell the others the same, a battle is close."

Stanis almost felt the urge to tell her he was no boy, despite his chubby face and short stature, he was a fully grown man, 18 years of age. But something inside of him told him to just shut up, and follow the lady's commands as he walked forwards to the others before relaying Orena's words.

None of the others, apart from Jayesh, had much of a feeling about him, but it was the opposite for Orena who they all had a very clear and distinctive feeling about.

It was then that the noise started, born a rumble across the ground, but soon became a shaking stampede across the land. Stanis turned his head towards the East, only to see a Woodlands. This had been the greenery he had seen at the corner of his eyes when he had been motionless, although it was more like a Forest than a Woodlands as he looked closer.

It was about a kilometre away, and he could see small splodges of grey and green popping out from the Trees. The splodges slowly built up, before they began charging downwards towards the Humans. It was a few moments later that Stanis realised that the grey splodges were actually ravenous Wolves, and green splodges were Goblins with staves, running behind. There were even a few mounted on the Wolves.

It looked like a battle really was coming…

33