E.P 14 The Test
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Izuku running up to All Might and Io.

Izuku:"Are you all right, All Might? Io?"

All Might smiles and Io nods.

All Might:"Yeah!"

Io:"I guess I'm kinda hungry. And I do have this small pain in my lower back and-"

Aizawa wraps his scar around Io's mouth.

Denki and Kirishima walk up.

DenkI:"What was that, Midoriya. You just waltzed in there and showed some amazing destructive power!"

Kirishima:"I thought you were a puncher."

Izuku:"Kaminari, Kirishima." *Izuku shows them his new soles of his shoes.* "The destructive power was thanks to the soles Hatsume suggested for me. I learned how to use my body from Iida and changed my fighting style. I've only figured out what direction I want to go in, but it's still just a stopgap, and I don't have anything I can call an ultimate move yet..."

All Might:"No... I think it's already more effective than just a stopgap. Especially for the provisional licensing exam."

Io:"This is an amazing character development!"

Aizawa walks up to Io and All Might.

Aizawa:"All Might, Io, it's dangerous, so don't get too close."

All Might:"Oh, excuse me!"

Io:"I'm not some helpless old man." *A rock falls on his head and he loses his balance and falls over.*

Aizawa and All Might sweat drop and All Might look up to Bakugo.

All Might:"Young Bakugo! I'm sorry!"

Bakugo and Izuku look at each other. Then Bakugo get mad and causes an explosion.

Bakugo:"Watch yourself, All Might!"

Io shakily stands up and he holds his back and looks like an old man. 

Io:"Kids these days. Back in my day they showed us respect!"

All Might:*Sweat drops.*'You're starting to act your age.'

The camera moves over to Izuku, Kirishima and Denki.

Izuku:"You guys made improvements to your costumes, too?"

Denki:*Gives a double thumbs up.* "You noticed? Did you?"

Kirishima:"You're not the only one with a new style! The others are making changes here and there, too. This is no time to lose focus!"

Denki:"But my change in style is huge!" *He shows off the new device on his arm.* "You're in for a surprise! You wanna see? You can! It's seriously amazing!"

Vlad:"That's enough, Class A!"

They look to the entrance of Gym Gamma to see Vlad King and Kendo and Monama.

Vlad:"Today, Class B is scheduled to use this place in the afternoon."

Izuku:"Class B?"

Denki:"Man, what terrible timing!"

Vlad:"Eraser, hurry up and get out of the way."

Aizawa:"We still have almost ten minutes."

Monoma:"Hey, did you know? The provisional licensing exam has a 50% fail rate. All of you should just fail!"

Monoma starts to laugh and He keeps trash talking.

 Denki looks to Kendo and points at Monoma.

Denki:"Wait, it that Monoma's costume?"

Kendo:"'Since my Quirk's Copy, there's no need for anything especially eccentric,' he said."

Denki looks to Monoma, who is still laughing.

Denki:"That's him not being eccentric?"

Tokoyami:*Makes dark shadow disappear.*"Sill, his opinion is reasonable. As long as we are taking the same exam, it is our fate to crush each other."

Vlad walks over to Aizawa.

Aizawa:"That's why Class A and Class B applied to different location."

Monoma stops laughing.

Vlad:"The hero licensing exam take place each June and September in three different locations across the country at the same time. In order to avoid students from the same school fighting each other, all schools subscribe to the theory of splitting up their students by time or location."

Monoma sighs in relief. 

Monoma:"It is unfortunate that we will not be able to fight each other directly!" *He starts to laugh.*

Kirishima:"He said 'Whew,' didn't he?"

Denki:"I wonder if there's a diagnosis for the type of mental state he has

Denki:"I wonder if there's a diagnosis for the type of mental state he has..."

Sero:"'All schools,' huh...? That's right, I didn't really think about it that much, but we'll be fighting against other schools to pass."

Izuku:*Nods.*"And in our case, we're accelerating the process of getting them...."

Aizawa:"In addition, there are very few first years in the country trying to get their provisional licenses. In other words...the test will have those who've trained longer than you, with Quirks you don't know about that they've polished up until now. The actual contents of the exam are unclear, but what is clear is that you all will have a hard time. It's not good to get too hung up about it, but keep that in mind."

Students:"Yes, sir!"

Later that night at the dorms common room.

Momo, Hagakure, Tsuyu, Ochako, Jiro and Mina are all sitting around a coffee table.

Mina:*Groans*"We're working so hard every day...."

Hagakure:"It's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh?"

Momo:"Even so, there's less than a week left before the provisional licensing exam."

Hagakure:"Yao-momo, how's your ultimate move coming?"

Momo:"There's something I want to do, but my body can't keep up yet, so I need to develop my Quirk a little more first."

Hagakure:"What about you, Tsu?"

Tsuyu:"I've perfected a move even more frog-like than before

Tsuyu:"I've perfected a move even more frog-like than before. I'm sure even you'll be surprised, Toru."

Hagakure:"What about you, Ochaco?"

Hagakure:"What about you, Ochaco?"

Ochaco doesn't answer she's busy staring off into space. 

Tsuyu:"Ochaco?" *Taps Ochaco.*

Ochaco jumps.

Ocacho:"Huh?"

Tsuyu:"You seem tired."

Ochaco:"Oh, no, I'm not tired at all. I'm just getting started!"

Mina and Jiro stare at Ochaco.

Ochaco:"At least, that's how it's supposed to be, but, how do I put it...?" *She starts to blush.* 

Ochaco:"Recently, my heart's been feeling all stirred up

Ochaco:"Recently, my heart's been feeling all stirred up...."

Mina:"It' love!"

Ochaco:*Gets flustered.* "Wh... what? Glove? Shove? Dove? I don't know what you're talking about!"

Mina:"Is it Midoriya, or Iida? You're always with them, aren't you?"

Ochaco puts her hands on her face and she activates her Quirk and goes floating up to the ceiling.

Ochaco:"No, it's not, it's not..."

Mina:"She floated

Mina:"She floated..."

Hagakure:"Who is it? Which one? Who is it?"

Jiro:"Spit it out. You'll get a lighter sentence if you confess."

Ochaco:"That's not it, really! I really don't know anything about that stuff..."

Tsuyu:"It's not good to force an investigation, you know."

Momo stands up.

Momo:"That's right. More importantly, we have an early start tomorrow, so we should turn in."

Mina:"What? No way! I want to hear more! Even if we don't talk about anything important, I want to force it to be about romance!"

Ochaco:"That's...."

Ochaco looks outside and sees Izuku practicing his kicking.

Later the next day at the Provisional Licensing Exam Location.

Jiro:"Ah, I'm getting nervous!"

Mineta:"I wonder what we'll have to do... I wonder if I can get my provisional license..."

Aizawa bends down to Mineta.

Aizawa:"Mineta, it's not about whether or not you can. Go and get it!"

Mineta:"Right, c-course-of!"

Io is next to Aizawa. His left leg is not in a cast anymore and his left arm just has some bandages on them.  The Aizawa stands up.

Aizawa:"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks...You'll gatch into semi-pors. Do your best."

Denki:"All right, I'll become a chick!"

Yoarashi sneaks up behind Kirishima and Denki.

Kirishima:"Let's all call out the usual! Ready, set-- Plus..."

Yoarashi:"

Yoarashi:"..Ultra!"

Seiji:"You shouldn't just barge in on other people's huddles, Inasa."

Yoarashi:"Oh, no!" *He stands straight up.* "I am..." *Slams his arms to his side.* "Very...extremely.." *He slams his head into the ground.* "Sorry!"

Denki:"What's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm?!"

Denki:"What's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm?!"

Io notices the uniforms.

Io:"Oh, it's this school."

Jiro:"Wait, that uniform...!"

Sero:"It's from that famous school in western Japan..."

Bakugo:"U.A. in the est, Shiketsu in the west...."

Io:"I taught their last year. Wow. It's been such a busy year."

Yoarashi:"I wanted to try saying it just once! Plus Ultra! I love U.A. High School!"

Yoarashi:"I am extremely honored to be able to compete against U

Yoarashi:"I am extremely honored to be able to compete against U.A. students!" *His head starts to bleed.* "I'm looking forward to it!"

Seiji:"Start to walk away."

Camie:"Oh, Blood."

Seiji:"Let's go."

Io sniffs the air and looks at Camie and he watches her leave.

Aizawa:"Inasa Yoarashi..."

Hagakure:"Mr. Aizawa, you know him?

Aizawa:"He's...strong."

The students gasps.

Aizawa:"Last year, the same year as you guys, Yoarashi got the top scores of those admitted through recommendations, but for some reason, he turned down his acceptance."

Izuku:"What?! Then, he's a first year?!"

Io:'Inasa Yoarashi, he's grown up from that little kid I once knew.'

Sero:"His name's Inasa Yoarashi? Even though he says he loves U.A., he threw away his chance to enroll. I don't get it."

Mina:"Right? What a weirdo."

Aizawa:"He's weird, but he's the real thing. Keep an eye out for him."

Ms. Joke:"Eraser?" *Aizawa tenses up.* "It's you, isn't it, Eraser?!"

Ms. Joke walks up to Aizawa.

Aizawa:"I've seen you on TV and at the sports festival, but it's been a while since I've seen you in person!"

Aizawa's eye twitches.

Izuku:"She's..."

Ms

Ms. Joke:"Let's get married."

Io eye's now have stars in them.

Io:"Yes, do it."

Aizawa:"No."

Ms. Joke:*Laughs.*"No? Good one!"

Aizawa:"You're hard to talk to, as usual, Joke."

Izuku:"...Smile Hero: Ms. Joke! Her Quirk's Outburst! She forces those near her to laugh, dulling their thinking and their movements! Her fights against villains are full of craziness!"

Ms Joke:"If you marry me, then we can make a happy family with never-ending laughter!"

Ms Joke:"If you marry me, then we can make a happy family with never-ending laughter!"

Aizawa:"A family like that can't be happy."

Ms. Joke laughs.

Tsuyu:"You two seem close."

Ms. Joke:"Our agencies used to be close to each other!" *Ms. Joke blushes.* "In out cycle of helping and being helped, out mutual love for each other bloomed--"

Aizawa:"No, it didn't."

Ms. Joke:"Oh, I love your quick retorts!"

Io:"Your children would be beautiful." 

Aizawa wraps his scarf around Io's head.

Aizawa:"And you've wrapped Io into your schemes."

Ms Joke:"He's just sees that our love is meant to be."

Aizawa pushes Io away and towards the students.

Aizawa:"Joke, since you're here, that means..."

Ms. Joke:"That's right." *She looks behind her.* "Come here, everyone! It's U.A."

Ms. Joke's students are walking over.

Shindo:"Oh, it's the real thing!"

Shindo:"Oh, it's the real thing!"

Tatami:*Taps Shindo's shoulder.* "Wow, that's amazing! I've seen them all on TV!"

Ms. Joke:"Ketsubutsu Academy, second years, Class 2! They're my class. Please be kind."

Shindo walks up to Izuku and grabs his hands.

Shindo walks up to Izuku and grabs his hands

Shindo:"I'm Shindo! U.A. this year's had trouble after trouble, so it must've been tough!"

Izuku:"Huh? Ye..."

Io narrows his eyes and look at Izuku then to Shindo then to Izuku.

Io:"Am I the only one who sees this? They look so similar."

Shindo then goes over to Denki and grabs his hands.

Shindo:"But even so, you all are still aiming to be heroes like this, huh?"

Then Shindo goes over to Jiro and grabs her hands.

Shindo:"That's wonderful! A heart of fortitude is what I believe all heroes should have from now on!" *He starts to sparkle.*

Izuku:"He's too bright!"

Denki:"He's totally a charming pretty-boy type!'

Shindo looks to Bakugo.

Shindo:"From among you, there's Bakugo, who experienced being the center of the Camino incident."

Bakugo:"Huh?"

Shindo:"You have an especially strong heart."

Shindo:"Today, I'll do my best while learning from you!"

Shindo:"Today, I'll do my best while learning from you!"

Bakugo slaps Shindo's hand away.

Bakugo:"Stop pretending. What you you're saying doesn't match the look on your face!"

Kirishima:"Hey! Stop being so rude!" *He looks to Shindo.* "Sorry for his rudeness..."

Shindo:"It's fine! It just proves how strong his heart is."

Tatami runs up to Shoto.

Tatami:"Hey, Todoroki! Can I have your autograph? You were so cool at the sports festival!"

Shoto:"Huh?"

Toteki:"Stop being such a fangirl."

Meinta walks over.

Mineta:"You can have my autograph, too."

Aizawa:"Hey, change into your costumes and go to the orientation. Don't waste time."

Students:"Yes, Sir!"

Io looks to his students.

Io:"Now, U.A. go show them that were the best!."

Students:"Yes, Sir!'

Io:"Then when you win, I can rub it into the other teachers faces."

Students:"Huh?"

Io:*Looks to the sky and puts his hands together.*"Then maybe the school board will give me my teacher of the year award I deserve!"

*"Then maybe the school board will give me my teacher of the year award I deserve!"

Then Io gets a mad look.

The students give Io a confuse or scared or weird look

The students give Io a confuse or scared or weird look.

Io:*Starts yelling.*"I've been teacher for 35 years. I deserve that award!"

The students start to walk away, some a little scared, from Io while he continues to rant

The students start to walk away, some a little scared, from Io while he continues to rant.

Later.

Everyone is now in their hero costumes and are in the orientation room. There are many students in the room.

There are many students in the room

Izuku:"There are so many..."

Ochaco:"There're so many..."

Mera:*Tired

Mera:*Tired.*"Um...Well then, let's do that provisional license thing..." *He sighs.* "I'm Mera from the Heroes Public Safety Commission. The kind of sleep I like is non-REM sleep...Nice to meet you. I've been so busy that I haven't gotten much sleep...And since Io usually would do this but with recent events he couldn't, I had too. We're so short staffed! I'm so sleepy!"

Mera face palms.

Mera:*Tired.* "With that conviction, I will give you the orientation. About the content of the provisional license thing... Frankly, all 1,540 examinees here will have to win through a free-for-all exercises!"

Sero:"Seriously? That's not a lot to go on."

Mera:*Tired.* "Our society is currently said to be saturated with heroes, and ever since Stain was arrested, many have shown doubts about the current state of heroes. Well, as a private citizen, not matter what the motivation, to tell someone risking their lives to save others not to seek any reward is... It's a ruthless story of these modern times... But anyway, whether its for compensation or for loyalty and courage... the result of many heroes working hard together to help people and defeat villains is that right now, the time from when an incident begins to when it is resolved is so short that it'd make you sick. You all are about to receive your provisional licenses and finally throw yourselves into those rapids. Those who can't keep up with that speed will frankly have it tough. Accordingly, what you'll be tested on is speed!"

The bored behind him lights up.

Mera:"The first hundred to fulfill the requirements will pass."

Momo:"There are a total of 1,540 people taking the exam! Didn't they say half would pass...?"

Tsuyu:"This means, less than 10% will actually pass..."

Jiro:"I'm getting even more nervous!"

Mera:*Stands up.* "Well, a lot's happened out there in the world, and you know, about luck and everything... So anyway, here are the requirements."

He pulls out a ball and a target.

Mera:*Tired.* "The examinee will put three of these targets on his or her body. They can go anywhere as long as it's an exposed area. You can't put them on the soles of your feet or in you armpits. You will also have six of these balls. The targets are made to only light up if they're hut by these balls, and if all three of your targets light up, then you're out! The person who lights up your third target will have it count as their defeat. You get through this round by defeating two people. That's it for the rules."

Some people in suits grab boxes on the stage and head to the students.

Mera:*Tired.* "Okay then...After we open, we'll pass out the targets and balls, and then we'll start one minute after we've gotten to everyone."

Shoto:"'Open'?"

Suddenly the building shakes and the walls start to fold down and reveal that theri in the middle of the stadium. 

Mera:*Tired.*"I believe you all have terrain that you like and dislike. Use your Quirks well and do your best."

Izuku's eye is twitching. 

Mera:*Tired.* "Anyway, we arranged for the terrain to be announced like that... But yeah, it's unnecessary." *He face palms.* "It's because of this that my sleep was...Why didn't they let Io do this.... I hope the developments are speedy so that I can rest as soon as possible..."

The camera moves up to Aizawa, Ms. Joke and Io. Aizawa and Ms. Joke are sitting a few seats apart and Io is sitting in the seats above them.

Ms. Joke:"Eraser, your fly's down..."

Io looks over and checks.

Io:"Oh, it is."

Ms. Joke:"I can't believe you still had twenty students, though." *She looks to Aizawa.* "It's unusual for you to not have expelled anyone. You like your class this time?"

Aizawa:"Not really."

Ms. Joke laughs.

Ms. Joke:"Don't be embarrassed! That's so lame!"

Ms. Joke looks to Io.

Ms. Joke:"How about you Io?"

Io:"Don't tell anyone, but this is my favorite class."

Then Ms. Joke look to Aizawa.

Ms. Joke:"Go out with me!"

Aizawa:"Shut up."

Ms. Joke laughs.

Ms. Joke:"But then, it's strange... There's no way you don't know about that."

The camera moves down to the U.A. students and Izuku looks to the others.

Izuku:"Everyone, don't get too separated! Let's move as a group!"

Ochaco:"Okay!"

Tenya:"Yeah!"

Bakugo:"Yeah right, this isn't a field trip!"

Bakugo start to walk away.

Kirishima:"Idiot, wait up!"

Kirishima runs after Bakugo.

Izuku:"Kacchan!"

Tenya:"Kirishima!"

Shoto:"I'm going on my own, too."

They look over and see Shoto walking away.

Shoto:"It's hard for me to use my power in a big group."

Shoto runs off.

Izuku:"Todoroki!"

Mineta:"Midoriya, there's no time! Let's go!"

Izuku:"Right!"

The camera moves back up to the three teachers.

Ms. Joke:"Every year, the test if different, but there is one thing that's almost like a tradition for this provisional licensing exam."

The camera moves down to Izuku's group and they are running.

Izuku:"I don't think it's a good idea to go off on our own, though..."

Mineta:"Why not?"

Izuku:"Because, you know! Everyone already knows what powers we have."

Ochaco:"They already know?"

Tenya:"I see, the sports festival!"

The camera moves back to the teachers.

Ms. Joke:"As all the high schools around the country compete to pass the provisional licensing exam, the only high school that has lost the advantage of no one knowing their Quirks...the top school whose sports festival is broadcast across the country.  Showing not just the students' Quirks, but also their weaknesses and fighting styles..." *She looks to Aizawa and Io.* "Your school."

The camera moves back down to Izuku's group.

Izuku:"The other schools should also have figured out what I said earlier about the way to win. I think it'll end up being a battle between schools. Which means, they'll start thinking about which school to go after first."

Mina:"Does that mean...?"

Jiro:"Don't tell me..."

An alarm goes off.

AI:*Speakers.*"First test, start!"

The camera moves up to the teachers.

Ms. Joke:"If you like your class this year, then you should've told your students. What always happens at the beginning...The crushing of U.A."

Izuku:"I knew it!"

Izuku:"I knew it!"

Shindo:"I saw it on TV! The superpower that also destroys yourself!" *People start throwing their balls at them.* "Well, if a nail sticks out, then you've gotta hammer it down!"

Izuku runs at the balls and jumps at them and kicks them all back.

Then the camera moves up to the teachers.

Aizawa:"'The crushing of U.A' There wasn't really a reason why I didn't tell them, but in the end, it wouldn't change what they had to do. They just have to overcome everything."

The students start to avoid or repel the balls. 

Aizawa:"A hero is someone who can turn around a bad situation. In the first place, if they become pros, then everyone will already know their Quirks, so I'm sorry, but we look a little further ahead than everyone else."

The camera moves down to Izuku's group.

Izuku:"Everyone, let's keep going like this!"

Students:"Yeah!"

The camera moves back up to the teacher. Io smiles a little crazily.

Io:"There is one thing these other schools forgot

Io:"There is one thing these other schools forgot..."

Io's eyes flash red but his left flashes a reddish blue.

Io:"These U.A. students were taught by me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-14-2021

3620 words.

0