Ch-14 Recollection of the past…..
362 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

150 years ago....

Du kingdom was just an above average kingdom of the Fu empire,

With its king being just in the spiritual transformation realm.

At the time, Du kingdom was a newly formed kingdom with many disputes between families,

Weng was the eldest son of the kai family, a prestigious family of the kingdom at that time.

There were four strongest families during the early stages of Du kingdom namely:

Kai, pang, Khang, tai.

In order to completely control the kingdom, the king made a secret plot which included all the families.

One day. The king suddenly announced that all the families would have to become vassals of the Du kingdom or they would have to pay a ransom of almost 50 percent of all their profits every year.

This decision evoked a lot of resistance from the families.

Most citizens thought that there would be a war between the families and the kingdom,

But, on the third day of the announcement, the Kai family leader suddenly surrendered and became a vassal of the kingdom.

This move by the kai family shocked everyone and made the other families afraid,

They started becoming cautious of each other and did not make a move.

 

In this way, time passed and one more family deserted and became a vassal,

This time the other two family couldn't take it and made an alliance to resist the decree,

Even asking help from rebel factions outside the Du kingdom.

 

When it looked like war was imminent and citizens were anxious, a piece of news appeared.

It was said that the remaining two families were destroyed overnight.

Every family member was killed including servants…..

Hearing the news everyone was shocked, it seems like the kingdom along with the two families attacked them when they weren't expecting it and killed all of them.

Nobody could believe the cruelty of the king at destroying two powerful foundations of the kingdom just like that.

After the extermination, the king prepared a banquet and invited the two vassal families

Kai and khang.

The two family leaders had to come to show their respect, these two leaders only joined 

The kingdom because the king promised to divide the resources of the two families after destroying them.

These two were the ones who wanted peace without any trouble.

They couldn't measure up to the power of the kingdom, so they decided to become vassals in exchange for resources and peace.

The other two families were ambitious and greedy, which led them to their downfall.

The two leaders thought that they would get peace because, they did not know the king personally.

They didn't know that the king was shrewd and could betray people as easily as drinking water.

During the banquet, the king suddenly stood up and attacked the two,

It seemed like the people present in the party were also his people.

The king alone couldn't kill the two family leaders, a person helped him to quickly kill everyone and even destroy the two families overnight, killing everyone including children and old people.

The person was from the Fu empire.

In order to completely control his own kingdom and stabilise it, he asked for help from the Fu empire in exchange for becoming a vassal of it.

As for freedom, it doesn't matter…... with time, the king can even betray the empire….

The king wanted to stabilise his control and grow his strength by consuming the resources of the four families.

After he became strong, what could the empire do to him even if he betrayed them?

So, although the kingdom had to give more resources to the empire periodically, it didn't bother the king much, after all he earned more than he lost.

Weng was the eldest young master of the kai family, he didn't know anything about the incident that happened because, at that age he was roaming outside in an adventure to become strong and meet new people.

After Weng came back, he saw that all the families that he was familiar with were replaced by the kingdom's special guards.

He learned that all the families were destroyed, even his kai family.....

At first he was pale faced, still not accepting the truth, thinking how can it happen?

The Kai family is so strong. How can someone destroy it so easily?

But reality gave him a tight slap and woke him up.

Realising that his father, mother, siblings everyone died….his knees became weak and he fell down.

The thought of never being able to see his family made his whole body weak.

He supported his face with his right hand and started crying.

His tears kept flowing, but no sound came out of his mouth.

He cried and cried and cried silently...

 

At that time, he was just a young handsome looking man with a lean body and in the foundation establishment realm.

After that day, he swore to become strong someday to take revenge and started training in his body cultivation. 

Now after almost a hundred years, Weng had become a big, muscular bodied guy with a savage beast-like face, he has also reached the nascent soul 12 realm with his doom fist body cultivation technique.

He even became the leader of a nightmare bandit group, which was active around the neighbouring kingdom's including Du.

The past story of Weng ends here…..

 

On the present earth, inside a country where people called themselves the descendents of dragons.

In a simple looking food shop, a good looking, short black haired guy, could be seen buying some pizza.

That guy was Zhang, he was currently going around every food shop spending money to buy some unique food.

He kept testing his cheat power by picking a fight with someone on the street, asking the person to hit him, but after sensing the pain, he ran away...

It was the third day today after the meeting, and tomorrow will be the next meeting.

' hm….but when though? Would it be at exactly the same time? maybe…... guess I'll just wait '

" Here is your order sir, " said the shopkeeper.

" Thnx, here is the money " Zhang paid for the food and left.

After coming home, he again wanted to check the sword but the sword was completely normal,

' Strange, isn't it the sword of a powerful cultivator, it shouldn't just be ordinary right? 

Maybe it is because I am weak...'

He kept the sword on his table and laid down on his bed while scrolling through novels in his smartphone…..

After a while, he got curious and searched about what Nascent soul is and how powerful it is.

Although he knew that it was something about Creating an infant soul after having created the aurora core, he didn't know it's full detail.

He got many search results, after reading through them, he got an idea of it.

It was basically trying to cross the limits of a normal human and becoming a mythical being with a powerful soul.

He didn't take it seriously though, after all, these theories were all made up by authors and these authors were not strong people at all.

How could they know what a nascent soul is?....' I have to get the information from Qing fa in the next meeting' Zhang thought.

 

While he was in his own thoughts, he noticed that he was unknowingly eating the pizzas he brought back home…..

After eating the pizzas, he felt sleepy, so he slept on his bed.

 

Feng shu was quietly cultivating in her room when suddenly her aura peaked and kept increasing!!.....

It lasted for a whole minute until it started to decrease, but In doing so, it was also being more purified.

'Pop!' a sound was made after which her aura became more stronger.

Finally, Feng shu opened her eyes and checked her condition.

' I have broken through….' She was happy because breaking through realms was always satisfying.

She got up and left her room to meet her father, the current patriarch of the Shu faction.

Shu faction was an independent faction without any relation to any kingdom or empire,

But it was strong enough to scare away anyone on the continent.

 

While she was walking, she met many important people and greeted them on her way,

Finally she reached her father's room and opened the door after getting his permission.

Inside she saw a middle aged looking person with chiseled jawline and a long black hair,

He had a big body that almost looked like a middle aged ' Kylvester tallone ' but asian.

Her father's name was 'Pang Shu', outsiders called him Master Shu

She also saw her mother in the room. Her mother also had black hair with wrinkles but in a cute way, her face had a shining glow. Her name was neng shu, also known as the Shu matriarch.

Her mother looked like a typical old looking but cute asian grandma.

Feng shu greeted her mother and father " Greetings father, greetings mother, I have broken through "

Hearing that her daughter had broken through made master Shu happy, he said.

" Good good, you are very talented Feng, come if you have any problem then tell us directly "

The mother was not actually surprised but also wasn't as excited as her husband, she said.

" Our daughter is very talented indeed, but don't exert yourself too much...you should enjoy life sometimes as well, otherwise you will completely become a heartless individual that only exists to cultivate,.....having some human emotions is always better than not having any."

After saying this her mother looked towards Pang shu and gave him some kind of signals with her eyes.

Master Shu after seeing her signal hurriedly said " yes yes! Your mother is right, don't just cultivate all day, that's so boring!! you should also go outside and have spars with stro..cough cough!! Ahem!.... I mean go outside and find someone to marry and give us grandchildren….yeah love!!

You are already so old, but still have a young face, you should try to capture a strong or talented man to marry you....You know when I was your age I took your mother t.."

" There is nothing troubling me father, I just came here to inform you two of my breakthrough,

As for finding love….. I will see if I find someone, but if not then I would like to cultivate thank you, bye! "

After saying this, she left in a hurry as if afraid her father would start narrating about his and mother's love life.

While returning to her room, she thought

In the past, her father used to be a very serious and strict person and her mother was an ice cold beauty who only thought about cultivation in her youth.

She looked up to her father and mother because they are very strong hearted.

When she was young, she used to hear that in almost 70 years, her father and mother together made the Shu faction to what it is today.

'Shu' was just a strong faction of the central part in the past but with the teamwork of her father and mother, it became one of the strongest surpassing even the Hu empire of the south.

This feat alone could make anyone respect both of them much less her.

Now age has caught up to them due to not being able to improve in their cultivation…..

Feng shu did not directly go back to her room, she wanted to look for some unique treasures and trade them in the martial palace.

 

After she left, the patriarch room was silent for a while before, master Shu said

" She is just like you when you were younger" Pang Shu had a nostalgic look on his face.

Neng shu noticed his look and said " I don't think so, she acts like you…..did you see her reaction when you mentioned marriage? The way she reacted was just how you would react.

A funny reaction lol..hehehe!! "

 

Pang Shu got irritated by her laugh and said " What lol?...Do you think I am so funny?

Aren't you the ' ice queen' why you're laughing like a pig huh?"

Now Neng shu also got irritated " huh! What did you say you old Buffon! Say that again so this ' ice queen' can beat up your loser ass" 

And the arguing continued for a while....

After both started panting they finally calmed down.

After a while, Pang shu suddenly asked

" Dear, why do you want Feng shu to marry so much….she is already very old, I don't think she would be capable enough to generate those kinds of feelings?"

" Hmm! What do you know? Didn't we used to fool around so much in our days?

If we could still improve ourselves and make breakthroughs to become stronger, then we would still be young looking with a more young mindset due to cultivation.

 Who knows? We might still be fooling around even after crossing a thousand years in age?.

It is because of not being able to achieve a stronger realm, that we are losing our lifespan and becoming older as time passes..."

Hearing her explanation, Pang Shu got sad and frustrated.

" Why is heaven so unfair!!? Why can't we improve anymore!?Why is it that people can't break through to become immortal!?, Most of our friends had already died, now only few of us are left….our own life span is

reaching to an end as well...."

Neng shu got sad as well, but wasn't as frustrated as Pang shu,

It seemed like she had already accepted her fate…..

" Though we can't improve anymore, at least we don't have to keep going forward trying to improve, racing with people….our path finally stopped, I can adore little children, I can see the beauty of life, I can again care about people….I have never felt so peaceful...." 

" I want Feng to find someone she loves because,... I don't want her to be left alone when she realises that even being at the top….your empty.….." said Neng shu with a nostalgic look, as if she had already experienced it.

Both went silent and the room again regained its quietness.…...loneliness filled the room.

11