CH-24 The city lord is very Majestic
244 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While everyone was coming inside, they were curiously looking at Weng, especially Mengxi.

She looked impressed and excited. ' What a strong man….the other men that I have seen till now were so weak compared to him. His muscles look so strong…..'

It seems like Mengxi had a thing for big muscular guys.

Her mother had told her many things in these two days, about how she had become a member of a very powerful organisation with many powerful individuals and how she became a cultivator with the help of three powerful people. 

Mengxi was not ready for such a sudden change in her life, she couldn't get used to the fact that all her sufferings would be gone in a few days.

As her mother said, her powerful benefactor came the next day after the incident.

The powerful person called himself Weng.

The first time Mingxi saw Mr. Weng, she knew that he was a very powerful person.

Mingxi felt a weird feeling in her heart when she saw how Weng beat up the strong fighters,confronted the village chief and the elders.

It was an attraction, she didn't know what attraction was as she never felt attracted to anyone before. She never loved any guy in her life as even her marriage was arranged without any personal feelings from her side.

She didn't think too much about it and attributed her weird feeling as gratitude towards Mr. Weng for saving her family.

Weng was currently observing Bha tian's family members.

'Hm….this Mingxi girl is looking at me weirdly, does she not trust me? Or does she fear me?.'

He noticed that Mingxi would look at him quite often with weird expressions, he thought that maybe she was not used to the situation yet and was even afraid of himself due to previous trauma.

'I have heard that she was almost raped by someone before due to their 

family's weakness…..sigh….she must have been traumatised. It seems like she is afraid of my fierce look.'

He also looked at the two other daughters, one was named Chunxi and the other was yungxi.

Chunxi was the middle child and the youngest was Yungxi.

'Ming Xi, Chunxi and Yungxi hm…..their ages are 20,19,18 respectively.'

'They all look beautiful though, was Bha tian also actually very beautiful in her youth?'

After a while, they reached the main room, and Bha tian asked everyone to sit.

After everyone settled down, Bha tian explained everything that happened to her till now and also introduced Weng as a very powerful person who can easily stomp hundreds of villages like Neru.

Her family members were shocked after hearing her explanation, it took a while for everyone to calm down.

Finally with some excitement, her two daughters asked whether they could help Bha tian in selling the items in other counties of the Yung city.

They wanted to be able to cultivate as well, their mother said that the business deal was offered by the Tenzing sect, the strongest sect in the Du kingdom, so there was a very low chance of getting in trouble while selling the items, which motivated them to ask for the business deal.

"Of course you can, why did I even start cultivating? It was to help my loved ones and people whom I really care about. I will try asking for more torches from Mr. No face lets see whether he agrees or not, till then we have to wait. If you want to cultivate, then first you have to see whether you have the talent, otherwise you won't be able to cultivate."

Bha tian wanted her whole family to become cultivators as she wanted them to become stronger and travel the world instead of working their whole life, living like some slave and then finally dying in some poor village area.

Hearing Bha tian's affirmation, the daughters became excited and started jumping around.

Bha tian was naturally happy finally seeing her two daughters being so happy and excited.

Everyone thanked Weng for his generosity, while Weng kept being polite.

Today, Bha tian's household was full of life with laughter and cheerfulness.

 

Zhang was currently inside a big market buying torch lights.

After buying almost all the torch lights he bought many batteries and amidst all the weird looks from people he directly went home in his car.

After reaching home he changed his blue shirt and yellow long pants to a black tuxedo and tight black long pants.

He looked at himself in the mirror, he had short black hair and a cute but handsome looking face with a height of 5.10 feet.

'From today I will be in this getup for every meeting, not like the first time when I wore a sweat sweater and brown half pants.'

If he wanted to act strong, then he would need a cool but mysterious looking getup like this, along with his Featureless face it would be perfect.

'Just in case, I should buy a mask as well…' thought Zhang as he wanted to be safe, with a mask and a small mirror in his pocket he could hide his face anytime he wanted.

 

On a mountainous region, in the middle of the road, a big carriage was being pulled by some powerful beast like horses.

The beasts like horses were very tall in sizes, almost as tall as an adolescent elephant.

Inside the big carriage was Qing fa and some other cultivators of the Tenzing sect.

The carriage had the symbol of the sect, so no bandits in the area would dare to attack the carriage.

Their journey was peaceful throughout with no big problems.

Qing fa was happy as she had heard from the driver that they would reach Yung city before this evening.

Most people in the carriage didn't care whether they reached the place yet, as they were just going to a small place. Why would they care so much about it?"

In the evening, they finally reached Yung city.

After reaching the city, they walked on foot.

Qing fa and the sect members directly went to the city lord's abode.

After reaching the gates of a decent looking house, they showed their sects token to the guards.

The city guard was just lazily patrolling the gate, when he saw some strange people coming in front of him and showing him their sect token.

Seeing that the people were from the Tenzing sect, he was frightened and directly went inside to report to the city lord.

The city lord was a middle aged man with a long brown hair, he was wearing a simple green coloured robe, and casually sipping tea with other officials, when a guard directly barged inside his room.

The city lord was a bit shocked at first, after listening to his explanation, the city lord was even more shocked, he immediately stood up and went outside with the other officials to meet with the people from the Tenzing sect.

After realising that a deputy sect master came to his city, he became even more respectful to them.

After they came inside, Qing fa directly told the city lord her intentions regarding the market.

City lord didn't agree immediately, he was thinking about something.

'It seems like the Tenzing sect wants to expand itself under the noses of the Du kingdom and they choose this place for their plans. Hm…..I need to be careful here, if I helped them then I could be punished by the Du kingdom but I don't then I would invite trouble from theTenzing sect.'

He thought about it for a while 'One is here and the other does not know anything, it is better that I help them and ask for some benefits at least….'

The city lord wasn't that loyal to the Du kingdom, as their city was overlooked most of the time, the kingdom was greedy and didn't care much about the development of its areas, which is why most people living in the kingdom didn't respect the king.

People still couldn't do anything, as the people ruling above were very strong and fearsome people.

City lord decided to help Tenzing sect for some benefits.

"I will be frank Miss Qing, I could help you in establishing a market and also hide the fact that your sect have made some roots here from the Du kingdom, but what do I get from this?."

Qing fa was waiting for this question and directly said.

"I can see that your city isn't much developed with only one aurora core cultivator, the king is a very greedy person, so I don't think that he will ever give importance to your city which is so far away."

"If you help my sect, then we can make a trade relationship between our factions, your city have manpower but low resouces, we can give you resources for manpower, how about it?"

The City lord looked elated, it was a good opportunity to make connections with the Tenzing sect and develop the city.

He directly agreed to the deal and vowed that he would not reveal anything about it.

Since, the deal benefited both parties, there was no need for some death contract or anything else, afterall they both were happy.

'Tenzing sect needs low-level cultivators as manpower to do many unimportant tasks' thought Qing fa.

'Honestly, this place could have been a good place for development for many factions or sects, why did no one made any kind of deal here before?....no...Bha tian said that there are some families who are ruling this place, they might have made some deals or contracts with other factions before.'

She asked about these families from the city lord.

After Qing fa mentioned this, she noticed that the city lord's face became gloomy and dark.

"Don't worry Miss Feng, those familes are from counties under my city. It seems like some weak factions had made deals with these familes to aid each other and overrule my authority.

These faction first came to me, but I rejected all of them. This city is one of the most overlooked city in the Du kingdom, many people want the city to become a lawless place, so that they can benefit from it."

Qing fa was enlightened but confused about one thing. "You rejected many other factions, so why did you only make a deal with us?"

The city lord stopped and answered in a slow but cool manner,"Your sect is the strongest sect of the Du kingdom with good reputation, you want my city to develop and prosper and you just want a market place for your business and don't want to rule this city. Other factions who approached me were just some unknown weak factions with dreams of overthrowing the Du kingdom, I won't feel safe with them, I feel more safe making deals with the Tenzing sect and finally, I don't want my city to become a lawless city, I want the city to develop, so that people living here could live in peace and prosperity." He said this in a nostalgic and majestic tone.

The city officials were very shocked, it was their first time seeing the city lord look so majestic and their respect for the city lord increased.

Qing fa and other cultivators silently stared at the city lord, his back was facing them while saying this.

'Quite the good lord he is….' They turned their faces towards each other and we're impressed by him.

The city lord's expression looked determined and lonely to people in the room.

He was thinking about something,'Were they impressed by me? maybe I should have said something more cool? Actually I don't mind even if the city doesn't develop, I just want to live peacefully while sipping tea like an old man.'

'sigh….I can refuse other factions but not the Tenzing sect, if I do that then I could be in trouble later on.'

'This Miss Qing fa looks strong, if I reject her offer and somehow offended her then i may have died by now, I just hope that the kingdom doesn't find out about our deal, so that i can keep living like now.'

 

 

9