An Explanation
347 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone, hope you're having a good day... or at least better than my past few months.

Long story very short... I got laid off from my job, and my remaining motivation to continue America Stranded has basically gone with it. Things really started going downhill in early December, when work for us had basically dried up, and after being told to stay home for a good 60% of the past months, and being at the bottom of the ladder in terms of experience, I got the boot on March 11th. So as you can imagine, my priorities have been in other places.

So what does this have to do with America Stranded? Well, I best way I can convey this, is I never wanted to treat America Stranded like how other authors have done in this genre. Where the world outside of where the POV is, becomes practically frozen and stagnant. In other words, I wanted this world to feel alive, with every action taken having a reaction from someone, and that being shown to you, the reader. Or how I liked to explain it to my friends "Throw the 'story arc' style in the trash, and do my own thing."

This... quickly spiraled this project from a simple story, and into me essentially writing 5+ stories at once. As you can imagine, the mental strain of trying to do that would make anyone unmotivated after a short while... and unfortunately, that is what happened here. It didn't really hit me after completing Volume 1, and when it did, I came to hate how Volume 1 was structured--not to mention the mountain of issues it has. Who would have thought that going over 100,000+ words would be a pain in the ass?

To answer the big question "What is going to happen to America Stranded?" Honestly? No fucking clue, and I'm definitely not gonna make any bullshit promises of "I will return to this story!" I refuse to do that to ya'll. What I can say, is someone in the Discord Server has already picked up the torch, and is creating a fanfiction of the story ( I'll give more details when I can ).

Sorry to do this everyone, I know I've let you down. But like I said in the Synopsis, and many times before with updates. I would notify you if I decided to put America Stranded on Hiatus. So consider this that notice.

This doesn't mean that I'm disappearing into the void of the internet, however. In a shocking twist of events. Me, a guy with social anxiety and a speech impediment ( stutter ), has taken up streaming of all things. Turns out one has a lot of free time on their hands when you have no job on weekdays. So if you want to witness the hot mess of someone who bearly knows what the fuck their doing. By all means, stop by - Twitch.tv - Dr_DeerMan

Until I ( if ever ) come back. Here is a list of stories of this genre ( or close to it ) that are my personal favorites. Go and show these authors some love.

America Into The Unkown - By Crashmaster - Scribblehub only

America Appears In Another World - By Mitoke - Multiple Sites

Summoning America - By DrDoritosMD - Multiple Sites

Manifest Destiny - By DrDoritosMD - Multiple Sites

America In Another World - By RonTheBlackCat - Multiple Sites

Starfall 1 & Starfall 2 - By MNL_AAF - Wattpad Only

ETR Series - By MNL_AAF - Wattpad Only

7