Volume 1 Prologue
196 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This world...

This body...

For the first time, Kurogane Kihaya grinned at his thought of such an interest in some forest foliage. He sat on somewhat a rough gravel ground next to a small river, stained with the smell of fresh blood.

It was also the first time such a genious as him to taste the bitter end of defeat. The smoke in his breath resembled his mind in a way, spread out in the body like the heat had yet faded after the fire was out.

"Interesting, really interesting...", he said with such a boiled hearth that had never been so strong for even once.

"And so..."

The game had begun.


The human world suffered this likely fictional disease for the first time in the early years of the second half of the twentieth century. The first walking dead was discovered in 2056 in the United States. An unfortunate driver accidentally hit a deer bearing the CWD disease, and he was bitten while he stopped the car checking its body.

This disease has been warned about the risk of spreading to humans from the 2020s, and the first infection in 2056 officially pushed humanity into a terrible reality, a fiction was no longer fictional.

Within a year of the infection, the walking dead had spread rapidly throughout The United States. Although only ten thousand cases were exposed, the scattering of infected cases had raised the alarm of a world for the dead had already begun. In 2060, all species of deer were officially wiped out throughout this nation to stop the spreading. There had been many public critisises on such an inhuman destruction, but all of them were quickly extinguished when the emergency summit of the United Nations held in the same year was broadcast worldwide with only one single unique title, “The Walking Dead – The End of Humanity”.

At the conference, for the first time, the President of The United States did something “insane”. He arranged twenty security guards around a glass cage. All were equipped with the most advanced protective equipment on the planet, so that no bullet could penetrate.

In the cage was the answer of the United States for the elimination of all deer species. A bloody, unconscious, living corpse frantically slammed into the glass cage nearly half a meter thick when the President ordered to remove the canvas tarpaulin. Something completely similar to the imagination of mankind in the horror, insane and wild fantasy movies that shocked the whole world, and this walking dead force every single head of all nations and territories to accept the truth which was too difficult to reject.

It was also the first time in the history, agreements in the United Nations Summit had the absolute consensus number of all countries and territories. Humans had finally realized how close their demise was, and they had built twenty-meter walls, over the entire area where humans could appear. The laws granting access to nature was tightened on both national and international scales.

"Human can only be safe after these walls," said national news agencies worldwide in 2080, when they officially completed construction. Since that year, the Great Wall of China was history for the pride of humanity, and no one had ever swollen for.

Though after all of these…

Could human really be safe?

 

2