Chapter 1-Melody and Ai
172 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Only a couple more jobs Mel, and then we will have enough for PNW” I said to my girlfriend, Melody, looking down at what I just did.

“Oh my god! It’s so hot seeing you standing on a decapitated head like that Ai!!” She excitedly said. What I’m looking at and standing on was the head of our most recent hit. Poor you.

“I wished I could remember our victims names, so then I could at least honor them somehow.”

“If you remember their names Ai, you will develop some connection to them. Do you really want to have someone’s name stuck in your head, knowing you murdered them?” 

“Ok Melody-senpai” I said with a salute. I follow whatever she says to me, she’s like an older sister to me, after she saved me all ten years ago.

“*HACK* *COUGH* WHEEZE”

“MELODY!!” She fell onto the floor coughing blood up.

“Hang on, here’s your medicine.” I administered a shot to her shoulder while she took some pills.

“Thanks for doing this for me Ai, but I’m fine now.” 

“This is nothing for what you did for me back then.”

“You’re still caught on that Ai? It’s been 10 years since that happened.”

“You saved me from them back then and helped me survive since then, it’s the least I could do.” I started to cry, 

“Come here and give your girlfriend a hug.” I crawled into her lap and sat there, hugging her. She patted my head.

“There, there. Don’t worry about me, we only have one more job until we can get enough money for PNW, let’s do our best on this one.”

“Al-Alright Melody. I will do my best.” Melody’s sickness is getting worse. We need to get enough money as fast as possible.

10 years ago she saved me, now as a debt and her girlfriend, I will get enough money for that game.

“I am so happy we did that two years ago. Now there is a way to cure you.” I continued hugging her, crying about the thought that I could save her.  With PNW or “Project New World”.

10 years ago I was stuck in that rotten school, I can’t even remember the name of it. But it wasn’t a school. It was a lab. A lab that experimented on young kids, me and Melody included. I was alone, and got beaten by both staff and kids alike. For being the worse one there. It was a lab to make people with superhuman capabilities. I, like the other test subjects, gained super computing abilities, but my ability never came out. I was mocked by the others, and was the group punching bag, both by older and younger people. I WILL stop them from doing that again.

 

“Ai. AI!! Are you back, you stopped reacting for a while, you ok?”

“I-I’m fine, thanks for bringing me out again.”

“No problemo. Come on, let’s get home. We need to do this last job.” Mel smiled at me again. 

She is the love of my life, saved me from that hell hole. Only one that was nice to me as well. She helped me escape that place and taught me to kill. The way to repay this is now, Project New World, the biggest project ever, all countries are taking part in it, and it was started by us.

Project New World or PNW is a virtual simulator that is also a game, it is basically an experiment for the question “What will happen if doomsday occurs and modern civilization has to start from scratch?” A one to one scale of the earth. Overgrown with plants, animals, and no humans at all. No money, no corruption. 

They are taking anyone who can contribute a lot to the project, and anyone who can pay, into the simulator and seeing what will happen to them. The reason we want it though, is because Germany, who is the leader in medical technology made the capsule and added multiple things that will save Melody who is dying from a disease caused by the abilities we gained.The biggest thing is that if someone who even has an unknown sickness that has never been seen before, goes in. the machine will cure them while inside the game, and because of how it works. 

There is no need for eating as nutrients are put directly into your body in the capsules. You don’t need to get out either, unless you want to of course. And the capsules you get with the game are invincible, no one can interfere with them. 

Your brain activity is cut off from your body, so you can’t move, feel, see, anything that has to do with brain activity except for things that keep you alive, such as breathing or heart pumping. Is rerouted into the system. 

And there is no chance for any hacking, due to the fact it runs on something that is completely different from the internet, built from the ground up and no one other than the creator or this can actually interfere with the code of it. It works like the internet, but is built so differently than the internet that it is impossible to hack or mess with, even the governments can’t mess with it. Only the person who made it. Oh did I mention I made it? Well I did, I do have a superhuman mind after all. So I made it and sent it to the government for use anonymously. So they don’t know I made it. They use it anyway though. So easy to get admin controls. Another thing they added is. We can play any other existing vr game, as the technology has been around for a while. So if you don’t have a vr set already and have enough money, get this one. It’s just better.

In short, the specs of this are amazing and can even heal the unknown.

We got to our hotel and got ready for bed. As we had to get up early and it was pretty late.

“Good night Mel.” I was yawning as I said that.

“Good night sweetie, I love you.”


“I love you too.” I whispered as I drifted to dream land.

Melody POV:

I was rubbing her head while thinking about the pass. That awful lab that took advantage of my little Ai. Thankfully I learned how to kill early on, and my ability just helped with that. I will find and kill the rest of them as well, for bullying my sweet Ai, I WILL GET MY VENGEANCE! Of course that starts with healing this disease I got from my ability, thanks to PNW of course. I still wonder though, what is Ai’s ability? I could never figure it out, and neither could she.

I don’t care however, I will protect her, as long as I live, she is special to me, and is mine alone.

I should go to sleep now, goodnight my sweet baby Ai.

Ai pov

It’s that dream again about being at that place. I hate it here, the smell, the color, or rather, the lack of color. It may have the colors of the rainbow, but all I see is sorrow, pain and suffering. Oh how sweet it was to finally be able to kill someone, Melody came up with a plan to break us out, and to do that, she taught me how to kill which was common there, test subjects always died due to the experiments involving fighting. 

I’m surprised I didn’t die in there, and might have if it wasn’t for her. Once I was able to kill someone, even without an ability. OOH it felt so nice, I couldn’t stay away from killing, and they saw nothing wrong with it, in fact they encouraged it. Before that, I was the punching bag, I was only kept alive so I could be made the example of a bad experiment. Of course, they should have killed me before I painted the walls red in blood. Not only was the killing itself sweet, so was the blood. That metal taste reminded me of who I am now. A murderer, a murderer that covers themselves in their victims blood. And drinks it. I can’t wait to get revenge on this awful place. I escaped, but I think I should give them a visit eventually. Of course, Mel’s treatment is first. We planted the idea of PNW for that reason alone.

“Ai, get up, we need to do our job!” It was Mel, of course, we live alone. Parent’s? They left us for that “School” Mel is my only family now. I can’t even remember who my parents are.

“Here, you need to wear this.” She tossed me a maids outfit. It’s for the job.

“Remember, our client told us to kill the master of a house here in America.” I didn’t even know people even still maids and masters and stuff. I thought that was medieval stuff. Or they even wore maids outfits outside of cosplaying. Whatever, I need to do it.

“Alrighty, I’m ready Mel.” I had the outfit on, my cheeks were hot, I wore weird stuff for jobs before, but this feels different, I am… embarrassed? Why? I can’t be embarrassed about this, I went to strip clubs wearing less for jobs. Well get used to it.

“YOU ARE SO KYUUUUTE!!” Melody dove into me for a hug, she’s wearing one as well. She was so cute as well. I love her so much.

“Well Mel, where to, I assume we got up so early to sneak in, yes?” It was 3 in the morning, still dark out.

“Well we already flew into the state we need to be, but we are close to it. So let’s go.”

We jumped on top of the hotel and started to jump the buildings. Not only do we have superhuman computing abilities, our physical abilities have also increased. That’s why we can go so far, so fast. I honestly don’t know how they increased our physical abilities without giving us cyborg bodies, but I am flesh, bone, and blood. I get the computing abilities, I think we got some sort of computer into our brains that connects to it allowing us to store more information, and work faster mentally, think of it like a flash drive or sd card for our brains, I even disconnected mine and Melody’s from the system they were connected to that controlled us.

The chips were also a failsafe thing along with a slight hypnotizing where we knew who we were, but “persuaded” to do something, and if we didn’t obey we got hurt in some way, of course because if I'm a defect they really didn’t care about me. I could do what I wanted. I slowly came up with a way to disable the hypnotizing and failsafe. It took a long time but I did it, I only made two though, one for me and one for Mel. Think of it like a virus on a computer that took it over. So now we are the only two that are free from that place completely.

We got to the mansion, and it was huge. It was the white-ass type of modern house that all youtubers get when they get 10 mil. You know the ones devoid of life. Just white, and feels like they are trying to rub their money in kids faces, who don't know what the concept of money is.

“Look, that's the client.” Melody pointed at a person that’s in front of the huge door. We went over there and she started talking.

“Thank you for coming, I will help you guys get in. please do it at some time today, please don’t kill anyone other than the master of the house. If you need to know why I will tell you.” The maid bowed, do they really even have that too? Or is it forced?

“We don’t need to know why, but will anyone get in our way at all?” Mel usually does the talking to clients.

“No one should, everyone else here knows about this, and the mistress of the house allows you to come work here for the job. I am sure someone already sent who to kill?” Mel and I nodded, we have been sent a picture of the victim. 

“Ok then, please come in.” We followed her in and immediately trouble occurred, the person at the door was our job hit.”

“Don’t do anything yet.” Melody whispered.

“What is happening? I don’t recognize these two. You better explain.” The maid was about to talk when someone came down the stairs.

“It’s alright Tom, I hired them as my personal maids, you cannot touch them though. Or you will be really sorry.” I assume she is the lady of the house. As she has the ability to hire people.

“I SAID YOU CAN’T DO THAT!!!”

*SMACK* *SMACK* *SMACK*

“*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*” He slapped her and she let out a bloodcurdling scream. I've only been here for 10 minutes and I am already about to kill him. Melody held me back though, and didn’t let go of me until I calmed down, I could tell she was just as mad though.

“Mrs. Marina!!” The maid ran over to her. And protected her from the slaps.

Eventually he stopped and turned to us. He sized us up, and gave his approval.

“I will allow it just this once, but I can have my way with this one whenever.” He grabbed me by the arm and tried dragging me to his room. He was stopped by Melody who grabbed his arm and gave a death stare to him.

“She. Is. Mine. If you take her, I swear to god I will…” I put my hand on her mouth and whispered to her.

“I got this Mel, I can do it by myself this time.” I then looked up and told the victim.

“I will go with you,  but I need to do my job with the Mistress first.” I told him calmly.

“HMPH” He threw down my arm and left. “I better see you in my room tonight.” Oh you will, just not the way you think.

He then left and went back upstairs. The lady started talking to us.

“I think you know why we want him dead now. He does what he wants, even rapes the maids into quitting. He does so much things that we all despise, and thinks women are trash only for sex and work. Please kill him.”

“Don’t worry, we will, or she will tonight.” Mel assured as she pointed at me. I will do the job. I can’t let him live.

After waiting and talking with everyone there about stuff, and seeing the master being an asshole, it was finally time to strike,

“Here take this.” Melody gave me a knife, it was sharp, and will cut very well into bodies.

“Wish me luck.” I said to Mel and gave her a hug. Even though I don’t need it.

*Knock, Knock Knock* 

“Come in.” he answered and I opened the door, knife in my sleeve.. And went inside.

“Hello master.” I bowed while saying that “I’m ready to assist you.

“Come closer.” I went closer to the bed, and readied myself to strike. I think the heart is best for this job. As he is on the bed.

“Get on me.” I crawled on the bed and put my hands on his chest.

“I think you know what to do next.” he said, I felt something hard between my thighs.

“Of course master, I know what to do.” *STAB* I let the knife slip out of my sleeve and stabbed his chest. That hard thing I felt quickly went down, as he looked down at the knife and backed up at me, who was smiling really big.

“Good night master” I said sweetly, as his heart stopped working. He then died and I took the knife out of the wound. It was bleeding out and I licked the blood up from his body. Blood tastes so great, I can’t get enough of this taste! I coated the knife in blood, and left, licking the blood from the knife.

“I’m done with the job Mel.” I announced, licking the knife like a lollipop.

“Good job Ai.” She gave me a hug and started petting me. MELODY PLEASE DON’T STOP!

“I love you Mel.”

“I love you too sweetie. Now can we have the payment?” She asked the Mistress.

“Thank you, and yes you may. Hey, would you please give them the payment?” She motioned to the maid who let us in. She came and gave us a bag of cash.

“Thank you for that” She said while bowing.

“No problem, thanks for the job, now Ai let’s go. Remember to dispose of the body properly.” Melody said while we left. We ran back to the hotel. And clocked in.

“We have enough money now Mel! WE DID IT!!!!!” I was so happy, I can save Melody now! 

“Tomorrow let’s go buy those capsules Ai.”

“Right Big Sis!” Time for an adventure.


Heyo! this is chapter one of my new series! unlike my first series, this one will be proof read and not rushed I guess. So chapters will take longer for this series. Anyways hope you'll like it-Winslow

6