Oneshot
118 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man, was seated.


He was sitting on a cushioned sofa.

He was a very wide man, almost circular, wearing purple latex pants with a bright shirt. A yellow scarf with red polka dots could be seen, just peeking out of his blubbery chin.

"Welcome sir," asked a mature woman wearing a navy uniform, in her 30s, who was having trouble looking for a husband, "is this your first time here?"

"Yes," answered the man, taking a puff from his cigar.

"Sir, we kill time here. Oftentimes, you find yourself in a situation where you have to wait for hours, without anything to do. We try to shorten that waiting time."

"1 hour," said the man while fixing his sunglasses, "how much can you cut from that?" he asked in a calm tone.

"It depends on person and person and the situation itself. I cannot guarantee a specific time."

"Just give an approximate. How much do you usually cut?" he said while straightening his fedora.

"About 5 minutes, that's what we usually offer. Some are lucky enough to get 15 minutes cut off from their waiting time."

"I see, can you describe the process to me?" he said, while petting his pet owl.

"I am sorry, sir; but that is a trade secret."

"I see," said he while while unbuttoning his coat, letting out a rancid stench of sweat, "what if you are unable to kill my time?"

The woman paused for a moment, slightly surprised, but regained her composure and said, "If that were to happen, our guild lines say we shall return your money, with a 15% intrest. But I assure you.

Never in the history of this company, has ever a client left unsatisfied with our services."

Giggled, the man, while beating the drums attached to his belt, "I like your confidence. Sure, sign me up, for AN HOUR!"

"THAT WOULD BE A THOUSAND DOLLAR, PLEASE." said the woman, reciprocating the man's enthusiasm.

The man opened his leathery red briefcase, and pulled out a single thousand dollars bank note.

The man was now at a different place. There were many, many desks, each having a uniformed staff member, along with their clients. There must be hudred if such people on this floor alone, and even thousands in this thirteen floor building.


Just like all others, even he was accompanied by a staff member, the mature lady, "Do you have a way to mark an hour?"

"Yes, I am expecting a call," he said while pulling out an egg, "this egg will hatch in exactly one hour."

"I see," said the woman while pulling out a wall clock from her drawer, "the procedure shall start now, you will notice that your egg will hatch before this clock says one hour has passed."

"So, so," said the man while wiping his glasses clean, "what do I have to do?"

"For now you have to wait for 1 minute. Then 2 minutes, then 4, then 8, and continuing on, we shall take it up to 1 hour."

"Well, then, let's begin," he said, while 

The clock went tick. 

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"Hey lady, one minute, has passed."

The woman gave a slight nod. "Now wait for 2 minutes, please."

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tick.

"Hey lady, two minutes have passed."

The mature lady, was quite startled at this observation, "wh-what!? Thi-this is.."

"Hoh?" said the man, wiping his black clown boots, "what happened?"

"No-nothing. Please excuse me. Now you have to wait for four minutes."


"No, lady," said the man while while painting his belt a pretty colour of green, "I have 3 minutes, 27 seconds left."

The lady screams, and lets out a horrendous, a horrible screech, "NOOOOOOOOOO, THIS CAN'T BEE HAPPPPEENNINGG!!!" She ran like a prey, desperate, to a large silver door. She knocked down many tables on her way, and tripped down, yet, she didn't stop, she dragged herself, and kicked open the door.

Inside, was a rather young girl, almost sixteen, sitting behind a big oak desk. A young girl of about nine was serving her golden tea.

"Ma'am! There is a big problem!"

The girl and her seemingly underage maid stopped, and slightly tilted their heads.

"T-there is a person, who-who-who is...uhh....ahhhhhAHHHHHAAAA!" the woman couldn't complete her sentence, she broke down crying on floor midway.

The girls came to her rescue, but the lady was brawling her eyes out. She trembled as she pointed her thin shrivelled finger towards a certain desk.

The young girl and her maid walked sternly to that table, anxious as to what caused such a commotion.

"Excuse me sir, was there a problem?"

"Oh, absolutely not! Goodness gracious," said the man, while checking for dust in his cuffs made of feathers, "that lady, however, there does seem to be a problem with her."

"Ahem. Yes, I apologise greatly for that. In the meantime, I shall be accompanying you. 

Now let's see, she said as she peeked a look at the wall clock, " this says you have completed the four minute wait."

"No, Miss," said the man, while taking a look around the office through the big diamond on his necklace, "There's actually still thirty second left till the four minute wait is over."

The girl was taken back by the sheer absurdity of the situation. She gritted her teeth at the seemingly immovable, invincible wall in front of her.

All hope was lost, this must be the end,

Ye who enter here, shall end in despair.

Her feet shook, and her eyes teared up at the brutality she was suffering from.

Yet, her professionalism still told her to smile till the end.

"Your four minute break, has it ended yet?"

"Why, yes in fact, five seconds have already passed."

The girl sat on the seat, facing the man. Cold sweat was dripping from her forehead, and her stomach was slowly rejecting the tea she had been drinking.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Minutes passed, but she couldn't get a grip on her nerves. Her heart was racing, and hurt as if an elephant was stepping on it. It took her full will power to stop her from fainting.

Every second, this will power weakened, accompanied with a damp feeling in between her legs.

"Eight minutes, have passed." said the man, while grinning, exposing his one lucky golden teeth.

The girl had given up at this point, she couldn't even dream of ever emerging victorious at this point.

This company, its foundation was errors.

People make errors while telling time. 

If the time is 3:56, they would just say its 4 o' clock. Such is the human mind.

Those 4 measly minutes that human ignored, is what drives this company.

Everytime a client is asked what time it is, they are always asked a few minutes before a certain landmark, so that they ignore that small time.

That small time accumulates over and over, and builds up to a huge number.


Some clients are rather shrewd, you can only save a few seconds with them.

But this man, he was different. He was set out for not ambitious, not money, but destruction.

This was a man who is a master of sadism, who shall know your every little secret, and torture you till the end if the world.

This man, was here to wreck havoc.

This man, was here to spell chaos.

And there was nothing, absolutely nothing the girl could do. 

Tick.

Tock.

She cried.

Tears glided down her rosy plump cheeks, and long strings of snot were rolling down her nostrils. Her face shrivelled, her eyes were in disdain, and she could feel her spirit crumbling.

The weight on her heart was too great now, why couldn't death release her from this suffering. Her hands were so weak now, so were her feet, she laid down as a rag doll on the chair.

Tick.

Tock.

"Fifteen minutes, have passed."

But there was no one to hear him anymore.

The girl was already dead.

They gently lifted her body, and laid her on a stretcher.

Her little maid was weeping softly.

Rubbing her eyes till they were red, she sat down on the same chair where her sister departed the world from.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"29 minutes have passed. That marks the end of my one hour. Now my egg should hatch any moment now."

But the egg didn't hatch, it didn't even shook. It laid still, just like how it had been before.


"Wh-what!" shouted the man, his eyes widening, "This is impossible! H-how could this happen!"

"It happened because," replied the little girl, with a smile skin to her elder sister, "the clock we are using here, IS FIFTEEN MINUTES SLOW! THERE IS STILL 15 MINUTES LEFT TILL THE EGG HATCH!"

"WH-NOOO!"

But his scream was cut midway when he felt a tight grip on his shoulder. It was the mature lady from before, "Congratulations, you are one of the lucky ones who could get fifteen minutes off."


The man let out a defeated and a pathetic howl. He disintegrated into hundreds of sewer rats, who escaped from his clothing, leaving the owl still there.

Fortunately, the many guillotine placed around the office killed many of them.


The young girl from earlier appeared, she had revived due to her excellent regeneration skills. She hugged her little sister.

"Aoi. Our work here is done, let's go."

The little sister happily hugged her elder sister, ready to follow her anywhere. She would follow her to hell, that's how much she loved her.

The young girl pressed a button on a hair pin she was wearing, and the company building shook as the thrusters began to activate.

The building flew up in the air and the fuel tank was ignited. Arcanine 1, 5 stage fuel propelled rocket was in air.

Destination, to Mars.


"Onee san," said the young girl, looking at the floor in embarrassment, but her flushed cheeks gave her away.

"What is it, Aoi?" said the elder sister, rubbing her hand on her sister's warm cheek.

"We-we are all alone here."

"Yes," said the young girl as she took a look at the desolate room, and the silence that followed it, "we are."

"Th-then, can we do that?"

"Sure." said the young girl, removing her human skin, revealing that she was a money plant all along.

"Ahh, onee sama," said the little girl as she gently caressed the wide leaf.

"Aren't you going to strip?" asked the young girl, who was a plant now.

"I-its embarrassing."

The roots of the money plant slowly crept up, and started unbutton her sister's shirt, reaching inside. 

The little girl held the root gently, "no, stop, its..embarrassing."

The plant twirled over the little girl, pulling her into the mass of chlorophyll, covering her in clinging roots, "it would be alright," the money plant said, "big sister is here."

The roots tugged at her skin, and slowly and gently removed it, to reveal that the little girl was a Solanaceae tuberosum all along, a young one at that.

Their roots intermingled together, and exchange of ions across them sent electric signals all along to their buliform cells.

"Nee chan, my leaves, t-hhey are drooping so fast, my transpiration rate ar-are goin-nee chan, it feel-"

"Shhh, just enjoy it," 

The mass of leaves eventually merged together, hugging each other so tightly, rubbing their bracts against each other, their leave blade sliding across each other, feeling every trichome.

"You know, Aoi."

"Yes nee chan?"

"I really wish I was a phycomycetes right now, so that I could merge into you, forever. Be a part of you."

"Ahhh, nee chan, th-thats so unfair," said the lil potato plant as she decided to take charge and reached out for her sister's microsporophyll.

"Oh? You want my microspore?"

"Yes nee chan, please, rub it on me,"

"On your megasporophyll?"

"Everywhere, my style, stigma, apex, I want to feel your pollen!"

"Aoi! That was so-so, I want to just," she didn't complete her sentence, only landed her stigma on her sister's, and slowly brought it down, slowly

"Nee chan, no, my roots are nutritious and will pollute your pollen-style interaction."

The elder sister didn't compiled though, and she kept on going. Her sister huged her again,





It was a peaceful moment.

Announcement
help


5