Chapter 1 – Before It All Begins!
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is this... my afterlife?

After getting killed, I suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Observing my surrounding, I could see 11 others and nothing else. No matter where I looked, I could only see the clear blue sky above me with the sunlight shining down on me and the white ground I was standing on. The ground felt warm and soft.

"This might be a cloud."
A young female with short scarlet hair answered no one with her hand on the ground.

"But, the cloud should be cold since the humidity on the sky is high, shouldn't it?"
A black-haired male replied to her.

"Do you feel cold? Besides, what I said was just an assumption."
Then, among the 12 of us, someone spoke out.

"If I may have your attention, you peasants."

We faced the direction of where the voice was coming from.

"I am the one and only, Hero."
He introduced himself while making a funny pose.
"You can also call me a genius because I have figured out what is going on."
He continued after fixing his posture.
"I am sure, all of us have died. Who's here that had yet to experience death?"

Not a single one of us answered him and stood in silence.

"So I was right. As expected of me."
He praised himself with his arms crossed and his head held high.

As all of this was happening, a thought went through my mind.

- So what the goddess told me was real all along. That means I indeed received the power to make girls do inappropriate acts with me! Holy shit! I made a fist pump in my head.

"Hahaha, well done figuring it out. Although the fight has yet to start, I shall tell them to let you start with 4 achievement points."

This time, an unknown voice spoke with excitement. All 12 of us looked in the same direction and saw a transparent person.

Immediately after, he resumed his speech. He told us we were all above the heavens, and we all died in our worlds. Now, all 12 of us shall team up together to compete against the other team. If we triumph, we can live a luxurious and fulfilling life in our next reincarnation with our memories attached.

"You don't need to worry about dying. We will meet again after the fight. Now then, I will now be sending all of you to your opponent. Don't worry, your preference of armor and weapon will be given to you."

After the unknown being said that, I became enveloped in light.

"I wish you all to win your fight as soon as possible so we can meet again."

 

***

 

After the light dissipated from my view, I saw a blonde-haired man scan me with his piercing eyes.
"I'm fighting a youngster? This isn't fun at all." He sighed in disappointment.

- What, youngster? Aren't you in your 20s? I'm almost 40 with two decades of fighting experience!

After I scorned him in my heart, I realized that my great sword was smaller than the one I used in my previous life, but it didn't feel light.

"The battle is to begin in 15 seconds!"
A voice announced.

Without thinking much about it, I prepared my battle stance. The young man about 6 meters away from me was still leisurely standing there bored with his sword rested on his shoulder.

"3...2...1...fight!"

After the announcer finished the countdown, I slowly walked towards him to close the distance by half, but he just stood there and waited for my attack. After shortening the distance, I jumped towards him.

I thrust my sword to pierce his throat. He moved his sword to slash my sword downward, but I knew he was going to do that, so it was a feint. My sword made a U-turn and countered his slash.

?!
He was stunned.

From the impact of the counter, his arm blew backward, and he lost his balance. I quickly used this chance and made another U-turn to slash his throat.

Usually, people would use their feet to launch themselves and attack immediately when their opponent is unguarded. The unguarded person done so was to bait the assailant. When the sword is wide open, one can slam his sword away with the sword's blade and quickly beheaded his opponent. I had encountered this method of fighting before, so I knew what would happen and thought of a plan. But at this moment, if he were to try it again, I would pierce his neck first before he could stop me. But his sword could still cut off my arm, so I readied my other arm to block his attack.

Instead, after moving his foot back to maintain his balance, he jumped backward. After he did that, I quickly jumped towards him and used the same attack while he swiftly aimed at my body to cut me in half. This time, I wasn't sure who would manage to kill their opponent first, but I wasn't worried and betted on my sword.

- New Creation!
After saying so in my mind, my great sword became a long sword. The blade of my sword became sharper, the length increased, and the width became smaller.

He broke my armor, but I managed to pierce his neck with my long sword and twisted the blade before he sliced me in half. I pulled out my sword, his corpse, then turned to light and disappeared.

The transparent person said before we can use our preference of weapon and armor. At that time, I preferred to use the sword in my previous life, but I wasn't sure if the sword I had could do so; I'm glad it did. Besides that, I had initially thought he called me a kid because he was underestimating me, but he was taller than me, and I could fight better than usual, so I assumed I might have returned to my young self just like him.

Soon after the fight, another person engulfed in light appeared before me. The female in a pink dress was hyperventilating while sitting on the ground. After the light dissipated, the female with a body of a child expressed her anger.

"Fuck...fuck! I will kill that fucking bitch! How dare she lay her hand on me!"

- I guess she lost her duel against someone.

She stared at me angrily after the announcement.
"Oi, you fucking dog! Don't you know who I am?! I am Gabrielle Roosevelt! Don't you fucking dare kill me you oblivious fuck!"
She got up and yelled at me before aiming her whip at me.

Noticing it, I jumped backward on reflex. Then, an electrical noise appeared, and she shouted in agony.

"Please don't attack before the countdown! Let's resume, 7...6..."

Her body was up in smoke. Even after the countdown ended, she was still lying down, breathing heavily. I walked up to her and spoke.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Ha...ha...don't, touch me!"
Out of breath, she slowly got up and tried to attack me with her whip, but I caught it because it was too obvious.

"Hey, let's make a deal under the name of Hermes."

"Huh? What kind of deal?"

After I heard her reply, I was a bit convinced that the blessing was working. On that fateful night, the goddess gave me a blessing that could hypnotize all opposite sex into agreeing to my deal when I said anything similar to it.

"You will try to whip me for 5 minutes. I will only stand still and block all your attacks. If I refuse to surrender till the end, we will kiss each other deeply for each minute passed."
When I said so, she smiled creepily.

"Fine, don't go back in your words. Be ready to die, you fuck."

"Alright, before that. Can you strip fully naked as prepayment?"
After I exclaimed, she took her dress without question.

The goddess also whispered that I could ask for lewd stuff as advanced payment to show that the blessing is truly working. She undid her bra, removed her panties and her long sock leggings, including her heels. Her small body exposed her petite but pert breast and her hairless hole for all to see.

"Wait...how old are you?"
Realizing I had forgotten to confirm her age, guilt continued to accumulate in me as I asked.

"Shut the fuck up. Now stand still and prepare to die."
Although her body was charming, her attitude was horrendous.

I dropped my sword and took a few steps backward. Then, after a couple of seconds of me standing still, she raised her whip, preparing to attack. But I picked up my sword and ran towards her.

"What? What are you-?!"
She was shocked by what had happened. Before she could continue, I decapitated her.

"Sorry, I can't let myself do such a thing to a minor, but I don't want to lose."

Although at that time, I didn't care about the kiss at all. I only said those things to confirm my blessing.
As her body landed and blood exploded out from her head, I quickly touched her soft breast that had yet to soak in blood before it disappeared.

- Hmm, it's soft. So this is how a breast feels like. Since I was converted back in my 20s, she must be the same, right, right? Well, even if she is younger than that, it's okay if I touch the body of a corpse despite their age, right?

After asking myself that, the guilt in me felt like it was slowly disappearing, or maybe not. Afterward, my body, including hers, was engulfed in light, and I reappeared to the same place I once was.

"You were the last one. How was the fight?"
The person asking me was none other than Hero.

"Oh, I won."

"I see...if you won, that means we have won half of our duel..."
The person with black hair replied.

"Sorry. I had never fought before, so I immediately surrendered."
The female with scarlet hair said apologetically.

"It's- it's fine! I also lose the fight."
A boy tried to cheer her up.

"Don't worry, you bunch of peasants. We just need to wait for it to appear and see what will happen to us from now on." (Hero)

"Haha, although genderless, wouldn't people normally call the unknown as him in general?"
The transparent person reappeared unannounced.
"Now then, we have compiled all of your wins and loses with another 11 teams. The team with almost or similar battle scores with your team will pair up together, forming a team of 6."

After he said that, the light slowly devoured us from our feet.

"After you meet up with the other team, enter the building in front of you for more details."

The light was already halfway through my body.

"I hope you all shall strive for the first place together, I wish you all the best of luck."

After that, the light completely swallowed me, and I once again reappeared in an unknown place. The ground was made of dirt instead of clouds, but the sky was still clear blue. In front of us was a small but old building. The pair of doors were wide open like the building was inviting us to enter. And among us were another 12 individuals we had yet to meet.

"Hello there, another team of peasants. Who's your leader?"
Hero asked with a grin on his face, but nobody replied.

"As I expected, you peasants can't form a team properly. Well well, I shall be the leader of our pack then! Hahahaha~!"
He said as he walked towards the building.

I could hear a couple of people complaining or questioning the situation but couldn't hear them properly as I was engrossed in something else.

- Yes, yes! My moment has finally come! This is the starting line!

With no idea of where to go, we all entered the building. The interior of the building looked like a school. It doesn't look dusty but old.

- I don't know when my life right now will be over. But I shall not waste any opportunity!

Inside, the seats were prepared, but everything looked old and broken. Some tried to find a good chair, but there were none of those.

- Aiming to live in wealth and indulgence? Fighting together to triumph against our opponents? None of that is important to me right now...

A middle-aged man came out from the backdoor and walked towards a desk that looked like a teacher's desk.

Right now, using my blessing on every single female I possibly can is the highest priority!

"Welcome candidates! I am your instructor, and today shall be your first class! Please don't be picky and sit down. It's all the same!
He exclaimed with a broad smile on his face.
"Since your team is in the last place, it is reasonable for all of you to live in poverty! Hahaha~!"

Today is the day where it all begins!

2