11. Oath of friends
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During her rest period she had decided to make contact with Ruth who lived in the church

Meeting in a coffee shop Jules and Ruth way down at a both close to a table and ordered their drinks.

“I wanted to talk to you about your attributes and how we can use them in battle.” Jules said getting straight to the point.

With a puzzled look on her face “ What are you talking about?” Ruth respond.

Jules had forgotten that many people that had awoken by other means the a stone most time relied on the power of their god or other beings .

“I apologize I misspoke” Jules said as she cleared her throat. “What are some things you can use and what is your job.”

“Oh that easy I’m a priest in training and can use healing and protection spells by using holy items.”

Jules as a mage didn’t have to use totems to cast spells. 

‘Combat wise I don’t  know how much she will hinder me’ Jules thought 

“But when I get a higher position in the church I am able to purchase more totems and gain access to more powerful spells.” Ruth pleaded.

“Is that even possible achievement.” Jules asked.

“Well technically it should be the more dungeons and rewards we receive, naturally my ranking will become higher” Ruth explain. 

Still not being completely sold Jules was completely lost in thought.

‘Is this even beneficial for me to let her tag alone.’

‘Without her there was a chance I could have bleed out, and dungeons will only be getting harder from here’. Jules mind went on a flurry of possibilities and thoughts.

“There’s only one more thing I want to ask” Jules said tonelessly.

“How am I sure I can trust you and know you won’t betray me as soon as we get in a dungeon.”

Ruth eyes lit up as she dug in her white  satchel that had several small and big pockets.

“Let’s sign a contract” Ruth said pulling out a scroll like paper from out of her bag.

“Just say the conditions to the peace of paper then sign it” Ruth said as she handed Jules a pen.

“Ruth must not do anything to betray or harm me while being in dungeons or give out information leading to my or her revenge.”Jules said as a golden light shined from the paper recording her every word .

Jules signed her name with a light cursive font and passed everything over to Ruth.

Ruth closing her eyes held her hands over the scroll and began one of her prayers.

“Mother we ask the Holy Maiden of health to bless our pact and hold each participant in oath of trust.” 

The scroll soon was completely covered in a golden light and slowly started to crumble away.

“Woah is that one of your prayers?” A surprised Jules asked.

“Yes it is a oath of truth so from here on out I will be in your hands” Ruth said smiling ear to ear.

“In that case we start in two days” Jules said

“How, there no f grade dungeon currently open due to the increase in deaths.” Ruth questioned

“Exactly we won’t be going to an f class dungeon but a E”.

Ruth mouth dropped as she say they’re in shock. She had never been in a E class dungeon but has heard stories of entire parties getting wiped out by monsters 

“Are you sure were ready” Ruth scarves of even the idea of going in.

“Honestly I’m not entirely sure but we have two days to get ready and work out ass off”. Jules said with a smirk.

……………………………………………………………

I’m making a couple of changes in the story. Abilities were weird to write and I didn’t like them so I’m changing them to just normal attributes that aren’t exactly rare.

People can share the same attributes but Jules poison still stays the same not every hunter has attributes and can just have one power.

Thank you for reading<3

 

  

0