(Vol.1 Ch.1) The girl who hated her masks (Part 1)
310 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey! This is Yuri here! Welcome back to our Yuri show! Yuri will yuri with Yuri! Everyone says YURI!" I say as I put my hands on both of my cheeks creating a cute little pose.

(Uhg! I hate this stupid pose!) I scream in my head.

My name is "Takahashi Haruka" a normal middle school as it can get. However, if anything to go by then the fact that I am an internet idol would probably be quite interesting. It started 2 years ago when I was just a spoilt little girl.

"Mama, can I get this one, please!"  I said pointing at the picture on the screen excitedly.

It was the new Opad that just came out that week. Funnily enough, I said it while pointing at the last model screen. At the time, I was just a child who didn't know what money is worth. While I wouldn't say I am stupid but the only thing on my mind at the time was how to have fun. It's a weird phenomenon, I would say. Children can be the smartest while being the stupidest at the same time. They will do anything to earn what they want despite not knowing it's worth. Of course, that included me. I was born in An upper-middle family. My father is an owner of a small company while my mother is his secretary-cum-housewife. Being born in such a wonderful house, my younger self grown up to be a spoilt brat is almost unavoidable. The incident where I asked new Opad on the perfectly good old one is just one of many examples. However, that incident didn't end with just an earful talk with my parents, but it has changed my life since.

"I hate this! If you don't get me this one, fine! I will get it myself!" I screamed, like a spoilt brat that I was, and stomped off the room. 

That was the start of my internet-idol career. Stomping out of that room with my heart full of childish ambition, I tried to find a job a part-time job. Without knowing any law or anything logical in that matter, I gave up 20 minutes in and went back to watching Foutube. However, like fate, I found a video of a kid, around my age, playing with toys on the website. The video didn't hit or anything, but it still kept my hope up. 

"Let's do this!" I shouted in excitement and took out some toys from the cabinet.

Setting up my camera, I prepared my favourite toy. Without knowledge of photography, The lighting was extremely bad, but I didn't know at the time. The first one, I took out was a long-purple toy that can vibrate with a switch. Sometimes, I like riding on it, but I like it the most by poking it to myself. That is, of cause, a toy car (you pervert). The car size is about half of my body and its length is 1/3 of my height. It is a perfect toy for a kid and would probably be quite expensive. After playing it for a while, I stopped the camera and posted it online. As one would expect, the view is 0 nonetheless a comment. Still, I moved on and continued to post a video every day. Until one day, my first comment has been posted on my video. 

"Mama, I finally get it, my first comment! I will surely buy that Opad!" I announced even though I haven't read it yet.

Naturally, My mother was sceptical. I didn't have consecutive fame of being truthful or anything, so she just lets it pass as me being delusional. Getting that she wasn't interested, I got back to my room and read the comment. "Hey, why don't you put on some make-up to hide that ugly face.".  It's a prank comment. Without needing to say, my mind is devastated. I'm aware of my look and body which both are normal borderline bad. My face has a few pimples here and there, my eyelash is a bit too thin, while my height is short and my breast is that of an A-cup. Not to say that my feature is ugly or anything but I would prefer a better one. After reading the comment, again and again, I went into a depression which, like a normal child, healed in 3 days. However, there was the idea that stuck with me after that.

(I should wear some makeup.) I thought to myself before rushing to my mother room. 

" Mama! Can you teach me how to do makeup?" I requested while explaining why and for what. 

Still, my mother wasn't convinced but she is in the mood of saying "why not?". Given mother mood is on the fragile line, I followed her word diligently. The result was stunning, I would say. Like magic, My face looked bright and shiny. A few pimples on my face had disappeared, my eyebrow was just the right thickness and size while The paled lip was remade into a pink and glossy one. Even my skin tone changed. The paled snow-like skin shifted into a one with a few shadows to show my cheekbone. 

(This is the look, I longed for) I reckoned to myself.  

With more confidence than ever, I posted my video. The video didn't really hit like I thought it would be but for me, 20 views are still a good number compared to the older one. Seeing the light at the end of a tunnel, I continued doing my silly video while trying to improve the production and diversity. Before long, the channel grew to have an average view of in the thousands. Like fueling my ambition oil, Some small company had contacted me to review or play their products. Luckily enough, my parents were the ones who talked, and I didn't fall into some random scam. However, this success still wasn't enough to fill the cost of Opad. Though the video gave me some cash, it wasn't profitable. The cost of production and toys normally ate 90℅ of my income nevertheless the small expendable stuff which was needed for the video. 

(I need to do something) This thought has been stuck with me since the channel reach its peak point. After 3 months of video posting, the viewer has reached its peak. The highest I had got is 2639 views and had been steadily defined at the time. 

" Mama! Can you help me?" Like other kids, I asked my parents for advice. Thou a bit embarrassing, It's still the most useful. 

"Ara~ Ara~ what do you need, my little sweetly~" My mother answered. Form I have heard, after having me her personality changed 180° and become suddenly mature. In the past, my mother used to be an alcoholic, which was how my parents by way, She normally stayed up all night watching drama while half-sleep when working. However, since my birth, her alcoholic problem disappeared and became a functioning adult. Amusingly, my father is the opposite. He used to be a work addict, but now he spent half of his days pestering me. Still, both of them is very good with financial-related stuff and there wasn't any better choice at the time.

"So, what do need help with?" My father, like usual, bucked into the conversation. 

"Um! Actually! Actually! I need to create a fan base, but I don't know how!" Remembering just how silly my dialect was, I want to die. 

My parents, not wanting to disappoint me, had a thought for a while. 

"How about your dialect?" My father spoke out. He isn't the best mind out there but still reminds me of what I have crossover. 

"What are you talking about? Are you gonna let's random stranger hear that cute little voice? Are you serious?" My Mother questioned the father with a chilling voice.  

Though not noticed at the time, I have a talent to change my pitch at will. Noticing this earlier than me, They tried to put me into a singing class, but I didn't thrive there. I had no interest in singing nor liked to be heard. Seeing me being unpleasant, They stopped the class and took me out right away. 

"s-sor-ry about that, honey." My father apologised while making  made a terrified face but mother was having none of it and pulled his ear, along with his body, into the bedroom. I didn't what happened after that but I could hear a horrifying scream in the bedroom. 

(My dialect, huh?) Being left alone in the room, I had a bit of thought. What I needed was to have some uniqueness to differentiate from others. While my dialect alone could be a selling point but sensing that wasn't enough, I tried to think of some more but failed. 

(I should get some sleep.) Seeing the light was out, I snuggled into my bed. "Fua~~" A moan of pressure escaped my mouth. As usual, I picked up my Opad to watch some videos before sleep. Then like destiny, One comment had been sent right before I went into a deep slumber. I always, for no reason, liked to check every comment on every video and even read the same one once or twice. This time like typical me, I unlocked the Opad and checked the comment. "The childishness is killing me😂" it was written. If It was another time, I would just ignore them. However, this time is different. 

(Childish...) The comment strikes me like lightning. I felt a bit down but like last time it stuck in my mind. 

For hours, I kept thinking and thinking again. I, similar to other kids, didn't want to be called childish but this time I found gold. 

"Childish...dialect...." I spoke softly before I succumbed to my drowsiness. 

.

.. 

I thought, I could finish Takahashi back's story in 1 chapter but look like I'm wrong. Well never mind, Thank you for reading and hope you will read the second part too! Bye~

 

 

 

12