(Vol.2 Ch.1) Seat shuffling
139 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Today's the day, huh?) I reckon to myself while checking the small calendar on the teacher's desk. "15th November," The calendar wrote. The date, for ordinary, is just a normal winter day but, for me, It's the result of a carefully calculated plan, that took me 3 months to execute.

*Ring Ring* With the plan going smoothly, The classroom bell rings. 

"Yes Yes, Everybody sits down." As usual, the teacher comes in, however, the student's noise is even louder. Without caring about the noise, the Teacher brings up the much-rumoured topic. 

"First things first, Can someone go and pick up the lottery box for seat shuffling? I'm too lazy. Well, I'm too lazy to teach, anyway. Can someone teach for me?" The teacher raises her hand, rigidly ask students to teach for her.

(You are an actual teacher, right!?) Like traditional, My classmate tsukkomi the teacher in their mind, dare not to create a useless ruckus. Though the weird situation I may be in, I still need to stick to my plan.

"Yes, May I do it?" Raising my hand, I respond to the teacher request. 

"Yes! Someone is actually teaching for me! Sato, right!? Here is the marker, I will be back after 3 months, Take care of the students, then Bye!! Ugh!!" Right before she fled the door, I pull her back collar, making her fall on the spot. For others, this may be too much but the, for me, A irresponsible shall not have mercy. 

"Please continue the lesson, I will be back in 10 minutes. If I find you leaving, I will be reporting your misconduct to the principal"

" Yes! Yes! Anything but that! .....However, Can you get a coke on the way? Here is the money" Though she accepts going back, she still has pride enough to request on the warner, A reckless one indeed. Still, her simple compromising isn't natural but a simple psychology trick. By putting the higher-up as your back, may it be true or not, your argument will be more easily arbitrated. 

"Yes yes, I will be back" Answered half-heartedly, I keep the money and continue on my way. The first step of the plan has been completed. It's to have the first touch on the box while I have put everything into place yesterday but an unexpected action from others can cause destruction to my carefully formulated scheme. 

(...2-3,3-4,2-1,5-3,1-2-)I slowly count thr number which was printed on a small piece of paper. This is the lottery. The number represents the seat by dividing it into columns of 5 and 5. There is 25 student and 25 seats, while other schools may connect the seat, our academy chooses to divide each to reduce loss of concentration, By putting the seat into a 5×5 row, The institution can reduce the lost space as much as possible. And that my scheme comes in, Normally, Teacher will be picking the lot in by numerical order of the students. By knowing the order of picking and the number that will be coming out first, I can manipulate the place where I will be staying.

(If it's that easy,) However, Fate isn't on my side. My number is 3th, one on the front while Haruka is 22th, one of the very last. Though I can manipulate the box to a certain extent, It can't be done with this large of a gap, at least, not enough to my liking. 

At first, I thought of giving up, knowing that It is worth trying any more reckless step. However, one day out of the blue, My saviour has come, that is "Kojima Mika", the new student from last week. 

Like others, I check her background and analysis her personality. While doing so, I have found many expected and unexpected detail. Starting with expected, She is a childhood friend of "Shibuya Tetsuya", known each other for 10 years. However, that was the common end, She came from a long line of the family business in agriculture, With that, She needs to follow the tradition, which includes " Political marriage". As you expected from the rom-com protagonist, her finance is "Shibuya Tetsuya". 

You may ask, " Good for him but is there is anything to do with us?". Well, first of all, Good question and the answer is simple. Kojima-san number is the 25th while Tetsuya-san and Asami-san are the 4th and 5th, respectively. By manipulating the lot, I make the couple sit next to me while Haruka and Kojima-san's seat next to each other. As you expected, Kojima won't be having it and try doing everything to break them apart. By little negotiating, I can definitely switch with her and, if lucky, I can even keep the flavour for the future. 

" With this, Everything will be as planned." Finally back to the battlefield, I confidently open the door and walk with an elegant gesture. Reaching the teacher's desk, I put the lottery box down. 

(Now, Let's the game begin) I laugh evilly under my thick natural mask.

I finally finish this! Thank to my really really sweet teachers, who take turns and give us 1 paper a day(not including  reports). Thank you very much.

Well, Thank you very much for reading and hope you read the next one.

 

10