Does it hurt?
1k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nagato walked through the empty streets of the so-called "Chicago". It was already night, for there was not a single soul in sight. Yet Nagato knew otherwise. He was being followed.

'How long have they been following me for? Are they going to act?' Nagato thought as he passed another corner. It was already getting frustrating, but Nagato waited for their move.

After all, they have troubled themselves to dispatch an entire battalion in their pursuit. It was no simple robbery attempt, but an organized unit that moved silently and quickly.

"Good evening, sir." A man appeared from around the corner, greeting him with a wave. He bore a smile on his face and looked quite old. "Do you mind going on a walk?"

Nagato stayed silent, inspecting the man. He didn't look strong, yet he bore an indifferent gaze, as if the situation was fully under his control. One of his hands stayed in the coat's pocket.

"Who are you?" Nagato asked, not budging from the place. The unit, which was hiding in the building nearby, was getting closer each second.

"I see you are quite straightforward, then I should be quick." The person said, then looked Nagato straight in the eyes. He didn't appear scared as everybody else did in this town. Instead, he just seemed uncomfortable.

"I am Phil Coulson, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D," Phil said, taking out a gun from his pocket and aiming it at Nagato. "You are under arrest for the murder of three people. You are going to be investigated and then your future will be determined."

As the words echoed through the street, all the soldiers hiding circled around Nagato. They all bore similar weapons, aiming it at Nagato as well. In the center of these soldiers, however, Nagato glimpsed something interesting.

It was a woman who, in fact, didn't appear too different from anyone else. Yet she was different. While this group of soldiers had a margin more energy than average civilians, she had an unusual amount of it. Perhaps she was some sort of shinobi.

"Murder?" Nagato asked, indifferent. "I didn't murder anyone. I just cleansed this world of a few insects. How am I going to get arrested for doing a good deed?"

"A good deed?" Phil repeated, appearing more serious this time. "Whoever these people were, killing them was unnecessary. You have committed a sin and you will have to bear the consequences."

"A god can't commit any sins. God can only create and destroy." Nagato said, taking a step forth as all the guns followed.

'A god? You are just a mutant.' Natasha thought, somehow uncomfortable. This person had a perception of danger around him, for Natasha rechecked her weapons and prepared to attack.

"We aren't kids here, mortal. Tell me the real reason you are here." Nagato continued, noticing a few wrinkles forming on Phil's face.

"It's dangerous for a mutant to be walking around the city like that, especially for someone like you who appeared out of nowhere." Phil seized his gun more tightly. "We will have to judge and evaluate your abilities, then we will see. As for those three, they are better in hell."

"I see... so this world is truly not so much different from mine." Nagato glanced into the sky, regarding the overwhelming radiance of stars above. "The ones in power want to control everyone and everything, then later use them as they want to, not considering their suffering or pain."

'What is he talking about?' Phill thought, then glanced at the nodding Natasha. "So, are you going to comply?"

Nagato returned his gaze on the soldiers surrounding him, inspecting them with his violet eyes. "Almighty push," he whispered.

-

Natasha suddenly felt extreme danger. She tried to react, but it was too late. Like a tsunami, a translucent wave of incredible force descended upon her body, sending her flying multiple feet away.

Natasha didn't even have to adjust her body properly, for she stumbled against the wall with an all-out force. She gasped for air, trying to stay conscious. Hopefully, her back wasn't broken.

"Phil!" Natasha shouted, yet her voice seemed more like a whisper. She looked around and immediately felt stifled. All the other agents were lying on the ground unconscious, not even budging a bit.

And there, in the middle of the risen dust, stood that person. He didn't move an inch from the earlier spot, looking over the street with his scary violet eyes. He wasn't particularly tall, yet it seemed like he was towering over everything.

Like a... like a God.

"Phil!" Natasha shouted again, regaining some of her powers back. She stood up immediately, leaning against the wall as to not stumble back to the ground.

Natasha searched desperately to find her friend alive in this cloud of smoke. Yet it was all futile since Phil somehow appeared in the hands of that monster.

The mutant held Phil in one of his palms, paying no attention to the approaching Natasha. She was confused about the current situation, but she couldn't let Phil die. Never.

"Stop!" Natasha opened fire, sending multiple bullets flying at the mutant. Surprisingly enough, he didn't dodge and simply raised his hand forward. The bullet lingered in the air for a moment and, to Natasha's shock, flew back at her.

She tried to dodge, but it wasn't something possible to human abilities. One bullet brushed past her cheek. The other one, however, penetrated thoroughly into her left leg.

"Stop, don't kill him!" Despite getting shot, Natasha didn't stop running. She clenched her teeth, took out her pocketknife, and kept going. The mutant turned towards her.

Natasha didn't how a human could be so fast. Barely in a moment, the mutant appeared beside her as he kicked her in the stomach, forcing her to the ground again.

She never felt so hopeless in a battle before. The mutant didn't stop, landing multiple kicks from above, breaking her bones, beating her into oblivion.

Natasha thought she was going to die, but he halted. Looking up, she saw the mutant walking back to Phil's unconscious body. She wanted to shout, wanted to stop this bastard, yet her weakness didn't let her do so.

Damn it.

"You know, I have always thought... Is it possible to forgive someone who killed a dear person to you?" The mutant asked, yet Natasha paid no regard to his words. "I think that's impossible not only for me but for everyone. That's basically why humans can't stop fighting - because they can't forgive."

"So, woman," He grabbed Phil by his forehead. "Will you be able to forgive me if I kill this person?"

Suddenly, an azure figure zipped out from Phil's body as he fell to the ground with a thud. The mutant smiled. "Feel the pain."

"No!" Natasha forced out a shout. The mutant, however, looked at her from above with zero emotion on his face. "I have all the information needed. I don't need you, for I will let you live and experience the pain."

With this, the mutant stalked away from the battlefield, his attire slowly disappearing in the smoke. "But know - this is nothing compared to the pain of mine."

23