Mjolnir
778 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve Rogers never felt such a sense of dread. This person not only single handily defeated the strongest avenger without getting hurt, but he also caught his shield. Bloodlust enclosed Nagato's body.

"Mister Stark has informed us you may appear." Steve Rogers said, keeping his fear deeply hidden from the sight of everyone. "I honestly thought it was impossible to stay alive from such a fall, but it doesn't seem to the be case."

"It is already the second time my act of giving people freedom has been interrupted," Nagato answered, lost in his thoughts. "Why do you… resist so much?"

'What kind of question is that?' Steve frowned, regarding the rather skinny, red-haired man. "Because we want to live."

Nagato inspected the duo closely, then heaved a sigh. "Why? In the end, death is inevitable."

"I understand, but what matters is the way you lived before death." Steve stood at his point, glancing at his companion who was eager for battle.

"No one can enjoy life if it is filled with pain and hatred," Nagato mumbled, looking over the battlefield covered in ruins. "If not me, then other people will cause this destruction. People will keep on dying, no matter what, and more will fall into the gnashes of hatred."

"It doesn't mean you have to cause the reason for that hatred." Hawkeye joined the conversation, tightening the grip around his bow.

"Me? It seems you have misunderstood my intentions." Nagato made a dent in the shield from the incredible force. "I am doing this all for the greater good. To create a world without resentment."

"You don't-" Steve's words were lost in between the powerful explosion outside the station. He glanced upwards through the little hole in the ceiling, noticing the gate to another world closing rapidly.

"The Avengers were above my expectations." Nagato shared a look as well, then frowned as he noticed the thousands of twirlers falling to death. He had to hasten.

Nagato, using all his physical power, threw the shield back at the duo. Steve Rogers was still distracted by the ordeal of the monster lingering in the air, so he barely blocked the shield with his forearms.

Blood flowed down his hands, and he grimaced at the pain. He was getting happy for no reason at all since the biggest threat right now is the person standing in front.

However, when Steve looked over the battlefield a few times, his eyes grew distant. Nagato disappeared. His lack of presence was, however, replaced by a huge three-headed dog with those peculiar eyes.

It fizzed angrily.

-

Loki's eyes were getting blurry. His plan ultimately failed, and he lost his scepter. He was on the brink of losing consciousness, but he couldn't let himself get defeated just like that.

He had to prove to everyone that he was worthy of being a god. Deemed to rule above others.

"Loki, brother, there is no use in fighting anymore. Just surrender and state your crimes before the father!" Thor yelled, gripping Mjolnir in his hands. Tony Stark, whose armor was cracked open from the battle earlier, and Natasha stood near as well.

Underestimating them and deeming them as inferior was Loki's mistake. He could accept that, but not his loss.

"Thor, when are you going to understand that I am no longer your brother?" Loki wanted to attack as he finished his sentence. However, his body ached with incredible pain. It was so infuriating.

"You are always going to be my brother, Loki." Thor placed his hand on his forehead, growing troubled. "Please, let's go home. We have already caused so much destruction for this world."

"Dear Gods." Tony Stark interrupted Loki's answer, looking uncomfortably serious. "I am sure you will be able to articulate your feelings back in your world, but now we have a serious problem."

"Did the gate open again?" Thor guessed, glancing at the Tesseract in Natasha's hands. No, that was impossible. Then what would make Tony so solemn?

"That person has appeared." Tony's expression grew dim and Natasha flinches slightly. The words passed through Loki's ears unhindered, his ears buzzed lightly from the exhaustion.

He felt his eyelids closing and power leaving his body. It was, in fact, an atrocious way to go down, but there was really nothing he could do anymore. Perhaps he just wasn't destined for greatness.

Before completely losing consciousness, however, Loki could swear he saw a man flying in front of the building. No way... how did that monster survive?

-

Nagato landed before the remaining avengers, standing firm like a sturdy stone. There was a moment of silence as Nagato inspected the surroundings. He noticed the Tesseract immediately, shining with a brilliance that blinded the eyes of mortals.

"As I thought, you are after the Tesseract." Tony didn't look so imposing with his broken armor, yet his eyes screamed with determination. "I heard your conversation with Steve and I honestly never thought I would ever see a bigger hypocrite than Loki. Do you really believe that by causing destruction and stealing Tesseract, you will create peace?"

"I don't believe. I know for certain." Nagato stepped forward, taking a deep breath. "You don't even know what power does this cube hold."

"Yes, I know it very well," Thor spoke with a deeply agitated voice. "And I also know that it shouldn't fall into hands like yours. Look around! Hundreds of people have died because of it!"

"Hundreds is a trivial matter for this cube." Nagato extended his hands towards Natasha, who looked genuinely terrified at this moment. These people didn't feel enough pain to understand his grand plan.

They shall comprehend it soon, then.

"Be careful! He has the power to push everything from his way!" Natasha shouted, steeling her nerves and shifting her fear deeply away. They weren't weak...it wasn't impossible to fight him.

Thor, however, attacked. He threw his hammer with all the power in the world as it flew towards the enemy. Unless the opponent had the strength to lift a star, he couldn't push it away.

Nagato's hand shifted to the side, his expression turning serious. This weapon was the culprit of his last failure. He already understood his mistake. "Come to me." Nagato grabbed the approaching hammer by the handle, veins bulging from his forearms.

Pushed by immense weight, Nagato slid away multiple meters away, leaving deep craters in the ground. Struggling, but Nagato came to a stop, Mjolnir in his hand.

"I see why it wasn't affected by my powers," Nagato mumbled, inspecting the weapon closely."It's pretty hefty."

20