Chapter 03: Graduation Exam Part 1
94 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After bidding farewell to Minato, I headed home to the Hyuga clan branch family compound. During my ten years of living here, I've come to one conclusion, the Hyuga clan's main family are an insufferable ignorant piece of shit.

They believe that we can become powerful enough to rival Kage class opponents by relying on the Hyuga clan taijutsu techniques. This is utterly stupid; just because the byakugan grants us certain advantages doesn't mean we should only focus on those.

Look at the Uchiha's; the matured Sharingan allows them to be at least jonin class in genjutsu, but despite their talent in it, they don't neglect their other skills. This is why their currently the strongest clan in Konoha, possibly in the whole ninja world.

While on the other hand, the Hyuga's are only recognized as the second strongest clan in Konoha because of their numbers.

"Hizashi-Nii-chan, you're back." A cheerful girl with Hyuga's trademark black hair and white eyes came running up to me with a basket full of fruits and vegetables.

"Hana, you're cheerful as always; where's your mother?" Hana, she's my neighbour's daughter; I look after her sometimes when her mother is too busy.

"Mama said I should give you this for helping stop the bad man," She said this as she handed me the basket.

The bad man? Oh, she must be talking about that thief I stopped from breaking into their home last week. Unfortunately, these occurrences are common within the branch family compound; this place is basically like the slums of the clan.

"So you waited for me all day at the entrance?" I asked while looking down at her.

"N-no, I just came here," She stuttered while trying to avoid eye contact.

A light smile was formed on my lips. "Why don't we head home? I'll even let you ride on my shoulders." She brightened at the idea and jumped right in my arms.

"Yes, please, Hizashi-Nii-chan!" I lifted her up and placed her on my shoulders; she hugged my head with her soft tiny hands, all the while giggling uncontrollably.

I started walking towards my home again. Along the way, I saw the usual sights of orphans who live in abandoned houses trying to make ends meet no matter what they have to do. The adults weren't in a much better situation either.

Shop owners struggled to sell products since those in the branch family hardly had anything to call money. Even if we did, 75% of our monthly earnings have to go to the main family in the form of payment for protection, living on their land, and using the Hyuga clan's 'prestigious name.

The only way out of this is to serve as guards or servants to them, and not many want to be around stuck-up bastards who can end our life with just a few hand signs. Another way would be to drop the clan name and leave, but they'd take our eyes before leaving. It's like the freaking mafia.

The Hokage can do nothing about it either; this isn't like Naruto time when the Kages had enough power to influence clans. At this moment, all the clans are at their peak strength. If the Hokage tried to intrude on their runnings, it could lead to a civil war. The very same thing they had to use Itachi to avoid.

Though all this would change after the 3rd great ninja war, most of the strongest clansmen will die, and the Hokage and the three advisers' influence and strength will rise, eventually influencing the weakened clans.

"Urgh." A rancid scent assaulted my nose, bringing me out of my thoughts. It didn't take long for me to find the source of the smell. What I saw was a man in his mid-thirties. One of his arms and legs were missing; flies buzzed around his injuries as maggots were crawling about in it with thick yellow substances dripping from it.

He was still alive since chakra was still circulating in his body. I took a fruit out of the basket; it was a tangerine. "Uh, Hana, Nii-chan dropped one of the fruits. Can you go for it for?" I say as I throw across the road.

"Hmph, Nii-chan, you're too clumsy," She stated and ran off with her stubby legs. I looked down at the injured man; he was most likely a ninja; I bent down to his level, taking out my kunai simultaneously.

"You've done enough. Rest now," I said, quickly severing his jugular, giving the man a quick death. All the while, my face stayed emotionless; well, you get used to these things after killing assassins sent by the elders because they feel that your very existence threatens the next patriarch. They are right about it since I plan to take over the Hyuga clan, bringing it prosperity.

I closed the man's eyes and walked off to where Hana was and went home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A FEW HOURS LATER

"Ah, thanks for taking care of Hana again Hizashi-kun, I hope she wasn't any trouble," A beautiful woman with short black hair and a voluptuous figure and soft fair skin said to me.

I gave her a cheery gin, "It wasn't a problem as always; I enjoyed the cheeky brat time." I said to her.

"Well, thanks again, I'll be going," She said and began to walk away.

"Oh! Wait a minute, Kanako," I shouted to her after remembering something and ran inside my house. I had two pots, one atop the other; I brought them over to her.

"Here, it's curry, as thanks for the fruit basket," She seemed reluctant to accept at first, so I gave her a little push. "Besides, I made too much."

"Well, if you insist, you're always such a good child, Hizashi-kun. I bet it tastes as good as ever." My face fell a bit when she said that, but I doubt she noticed as she walked off to her house.

She's so hot if it weren't for this stupid kid body, "*Sigh* why did I have to get the hot neighbour? Well, it's about that time," With that said, I took of an unnatural speed for a kid my age, jumping across the rooves of Konoha for 15 minutes until I reached my destination.

"The Forest of Death." I jumped over the fence and made my way through the forest, defeating every animal that attacked me. I soon came upon a massive tree that dwarfed the others; it was majestic, as it should be since Senju Hashirama himself was the one to grow it and many other trees in the forest of death.

However, what was unusual about the tree was that it was filled with small dents about two-inch deep. I was the one who made those dents, with my fingers at that it's a training called 'celestial palm' I saw it back in my previous world when I was watching a Shaolin monk documentary.

It helps to make the stabbing force of your fingertips and striking force with your palms stronger. Being a Hyuga who practices the gentle fist taijutsu, this exercise was one of the best I could come up with.

"*Phuu*" After doing some light stretches, I went towards the tree and took my stance.

*Whoosh* Thud

I continued doing this for four hours straight, only stopping once my fingers started turning purple and bleed but despite this, the depth of the dents only managed to move a few kilometres. This should be expected since this tree was possibly as tough as iron, if not tougher.

"Hmm, it's close to midnight; I still got some time left,"  I rushed towards the river running through the Forest of Death which, took me 3 minutes. I reached there, I circulated chakra to my feet, then walked atop the moving river like the new ninja Jesus.

Unfortunately, any competent ninja could do this, so the title still belonged to Konoha's number one hyperactive knucklehead. I placed three leaves that I picked beforehand on my face; they stuck to me as if glue had been placed on them before.

I did this to improve my chakra control, which was extremely hard when you have as much chakra as I do. I continued for two hours; I was drenched in sweat and tremendously mentally exhausted when I finished.

"Whew, that's enough for now; tomorrow, I'll train my byakugan and practice my jutsus." I went towards a tree, took a lotus posture, and began meditating; after all, a strong body needs a strong mind.

3rd

The warm morning sun shined on the face of a fair-skinned boy with long black hair; he was dressed in a beige-coloured shirt and black short pants. Because of his hair falling to the side, you could see traces of a strange green mark on his forehead.

*Tak* *Tak* *Tak* *Tak**Tak* *Tak**Tak* *Tak*

A small red, white and black bird landed on the boy's head and began pecking away at an incredible speed. The pain from the brutal attack causes the boy to stir.

It wasn't long before he opened his dull white eyes. He was momentarily stunned as he tried to register why his head was aching. Because of the unique ability of his eyes, it didn't take long for him to notice the critter atop his head.

"GET OFF MY HEAD, YOU FREAKING FREELOADER!" Hizashi shouted, causing the bird to fly away in fright, but not before leaving a white present.

"MOTHERFUUU…"

Hizashi's Pov

I was currently sitting in my class, waiting for the instructors to show up for our Graduation exams. But I hardly cared about that right now. I was still pissed off by what that bird did, I swear on the Sage of Six Paths life I'll kill that bastard, and its whole family, then eat them.

"Hmph, you look even uglier than usual, Hizashi," A girl with spiky brown hair and a wild predatory look in her eyes said to me with a smirk.

"Look here, dog breath, get away from me. I'm not in the mood," I said to her without even sparing a glance.

"Sheesh, who shat in your breakfast," She stated, which made me look at her with a stare that promised pain.

A few minutes later, Blondy showed up along with Shukaku. "Hizashi, you're unexpectedly early; guess even you're excited about the graduation," Minato said to me as both he and Shukaku sat next to me.

"Hmm, not really. I just didn't have my comfortable bed to sleep in," I stated with a wide grin on my face.

"Ugh, stop smiling; it's creepy," Shukaku said, referring to my charming smile.

"What? Can't a man express his joy anymore, you lazy bum," I retorted, which Shukaku ignored and looked to the other side of the class.

"What the hell happened to Tsume?" He asked me, referring to the many bruises on her.

"How should I know? She probably ran into someone's fist," Minato smiled wryly at my absurd answer while Shukaku just shook his head.

                           

Thirty minutes that's how long it took those bastard instructors to come; now they have us standing in the sun listening to some old man while a psychopath was standing beside him.

"…You are the new tree leaves that shall protect this village, with the will of fire burning within you, you will rise and become prosperous shinobi's of Konoha!" In his late fifties, he was an old man with a mix of gray and brown spiky hair dressed in the Hokage's customary hat and haori with a red, full-length kimono.

Yeah, you guessed right, it's the Hokage that is rumoured to have been the strongest of Hokages when he was in his prime but was seemingly never in his prime Hiruzen Sarutobi.

Beside him stood a man who was obviously as annoyed as I was about his speech. He had shaggy black hair, a scar on his chin, and a black hooded trench coat and sandals. Adolph Hitl… I mean Danzo Shimmura.

{AN: He doesn't have any bandages since he hasn't taken any sharingans as yet.}

Finally finishing with his oh so inspiring speech that did seem to do its job for the other students, Hiruzen gave the stage to the chuunin instructor.

"You will be graded on five activities; failing more than two of them will guarantee you a ticket to return to the academy," The instructor stated, which made my classmates nervous.

"Quiet! These activities include an obstacle race, shurikenjutsu, trap detection and disarming, trap deployment, an essay on the application of chakra, and the application of the three basic jutsus taught to you in actual combat."

All the students' eyes bulged at this,  included. Why the hell is the graduation exam harder than in the anime!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: As for those who didn't read the first chapter properly, here are the wishes:

1. All the abilities of Kaguya Otsutsuki Byakugan. (Not all of Kaguya Otsutsuki powers)

2. Chakra that will grow to an amount comparable to half of the nine tails.

3. The ability to awaken the Tenseigan if he transplants the eyes of someone who has strongly inherited Hamura's bloodline or chakra. (For example Hinata, Hanabi or Toneri Otsutsuki.)

 

{AN: I also upload on webnovel}

1