Purgatory Scroll 2
199 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long day of work Wan Bo was exhausted. He slowly moved forward with a hunched back and aching arms , but when he saw his messy bed he immediately found a new hope as he lounged forward. Without even washing or changing his clothes he fell on the bed trying hard to forget about today. 

' Hopefully it's just a bad dream, and when I wake up It'll be fine. Hopefully....hope....

As he tried to not think about today, Wan Bo fell to sleep from exhaustion. He snored loudly , loud enough to scare some birds away, but something wasn't deterred. A black shadow extended from the scroll that Wan Bo had wrongly took and materialized into a pitch black human without any features. The black figure shook his head once when he looked at the young man in front of him as if disapproving of something, but it then quickly entered Wan Bo's nose .

"Guuu....

Wan Bo scrunched his brows as he felt something uncomfortable, but he quickly calmed down once again. 

..........

Inside Wan Bo's consciousness a black streek of energy was moving slowly. It didn't look much and it seemed to be just like a smear of ink, but this in fact was Roy's soul essence that had somehow crossed to this world. He didn't know how it happened or why, but he was happy to finally get out of that place, but that was only short-lived when he noticed something.

On his soul there appeared to be some kind of restraint and he didn't know what it was at first, but with enough time , patience and his newfound ability he had finally broken the restraint and finally looked bat the real world he was in. At first he was surprised to see he was not human, but what would be considered a sentient object; or more mundanely , a soul that posesed a scroll. He then was surprised by the energy that seemed to be in the air of this place, and lastly by the unknown language and people. It took some time to preces this, but Roy finally got the gist of it.

' Right now I'm on a cultivation world or something similar , and I'm not a human anymore, but basically a soul....or something like that at least.' thought Roy to himself as he searched for the information that was engraved into his soul.

[ Name- Roy

Race-????????? Demon

Ability- Demon Aspect: Soul Computer ]

At first Roy didn't want to believe it, but the time spent on that place had made him very open minded. He quickly accepted what bue was now and immediately went to work. By an innate feeling he knew what he needed to survive and grow stronger, and that was souls. He was a demon now after all .

So, while residing on the scroll Roy studied the outside world and also tried to look for a soul to feast on, but even after a long time he didn't find any souls while also getting weaker. He didn't know what would happen  if he disappeared , but the thought of returning to 'that' place made him afraid. 

' No, I'll never return to that place!'

So with newfound determination Roy choose to coerce one of the humans of this world to take the scroll he was residing in so he could be more mobile, or even make a deal with him. He was a demon now after all.

' So , this it it huh? A real cultivation world, huh? ' thought Roy as he swam inside Wan Bo's consciousness and discovered what he wanted to know. He quickly learned the language, the customs of this place, it's power system, and also Wan Bo's dreams and desires. As he found about the last things Roy couldn't help but want to laugh.

' Beeing powerful enough to beat anyone, handsome enough to marry the village beauty ,and rich enough to live frugally for four generations. Such simple and childish dreams, or should I say human?' pondered Roy as he had spent so much time without such desires. Well, he still had wanted to be powerful enough to beat the seven monster's that haunted 'that' place, but it wasn't that intense.

' Well, no matter, it's different now. I'm no longer restricted to that place and I've got a whole world to explore now. Hehe, kid , open your mouth wide because a meaty pie is coming straight to your mouth.'

The black ink sped up as it finally found Wan Bo's soul essence and entered inside without any problem or difficulty.

..........

On the other hand Wan Bo was walking in a dark mist that seemed to have no end. He tried to wave it away to maybe try to dispell some of it, but he failed. The mist came rushing back as is water and he didn't make any progress for a long time. As Wan Bo was starting to get worried he stopped and looked up to see a wall in front of him.

"Huh, a wall in this place. What is it......

*Creeeeeee......

As Wan Bo was finished his words the wall in front of him shook and a creaking sound came from it. A white line appeared to cut diagonally the black wall, and each second it continued to widen until it was 1m wide.

"What!"

Wan Bo finally completely came to his senses by this , but it was already to late. The door that just opened sucked him in, and he immediately came to a boundless place. The sky was crimson like blood, and the ground was black like ink. 

"What is this place? Where am I? Didn't I just to to sleep?" asked Wan Bo as he looked for an exit, but he didn't find any. He tried to pinch himself to wake up , but when even that didn't work a sinking feeling on his stomach took place.

"Fuck...." cussed Wan Bo , making Roy who was looking at him with a grin.

' Hah, what an easy thing. Now I just got to throw the bait and I'm guaranteed a big lunch.' smilingly though Roy as he changed the scenery once again. First, a 5m tall and 2 m wide , black, wooden gate  appeared in front of Wan Bo.   Then immediately after more than 100 lifelike wooden sculptures doing different poses came out from the ground and surrounded Wan Bo on all sides making him freeze in place. A surge if information immediately entered his mind.

"This... this is....the ' Demon Body Forging Art'? " questioned Wan Bo no one in peculiar as he also red the characters written on the wooden door that appeared. The characters had a twisting and turning aspect to them that made them pleasing to the eye, but their color reminded Wan Bo of fresh blood.

 " 'Purgatory: First Chapter

Demon Body Forging Art. 

This.....''

6