Demon Body Formation 2
149 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wan Bo was very tempted by Roy's word's , but he still felt inadequate to go get Roy a soul. It wasn't as simple as killing a human or any other intelligent creature of this world, he had to get a ghost or something similar. The reason for this was because Roy was still unwilling to kill , and also because the soul of a ghost was more easy to absorb, and Roy really hungered for it for some reason.

"Hmph, you're still considering huh? Well, I guess giving you a taste doesn't hurt."

"Master... it's not necessary. I was just about to accept your request." said Wan Bo as he wiped the sweat from his body.

" Heeh, does that mean you don't want the reward after all?"

"Yes....

Roy shook his head internally as he knew Wan Bo's real thoughts, but he had decided to give the battle technique, or martial art to Wan Bo. 

' With this I'll definitely gain some of his trust, but I can also see if I can really transfer information. ' thought Roy as he had begun to understand more about his power. It was similar to virtual reality, but it was more complicated as it was at the soul level.

 ' I can't help but think that I've become an AI. Or is a soul an AI essentially?' 

As these thoughts were crossing Roy's mind , Wan Bo was waiting expectedly for him to be brought to 'that' place to learn the battle technique, but he suddenly felt dizzy and as if someone had started to inflate his head.

"Ughh....ugghgg.....

He was dizzy an he wanted to vomit, but he couldn't. He could only lay on the ground and try to stay conscious as a information was engraved into his soul by Roy who was also struggling. He was using a large amount of soul power, and almost used all the soul power he gained in the last month from Wan Bo, but he finally succeed.

"Haaah....haaah.. hah....

Wan Bo lay on the ground with a spent look as he rubbed his head to stop the pulsating feeling, but it only helped a little. He then looked forward through his teary eyes and tried to get up, in the process resting his hand on the broom he cleaned his house with and stopped. A nostalgic feeling crept from the depth of his soul and he begun to spin the broom in his hand, thrusting with it and even changing his grip several times. It seemed so familiar and so new to him that Wan Bo was confused, but he quickly remembered about the reward.

"The battle technique....how is this. The rumored soul imparting technique....I can't believe it. Am I dreaming?" spoke Wan Bo to himself as he sneered at himself for he still didn't believe what had happened. Roy who hadn't said a word since the transfer was watching Wan Bo with wonder.

' So the transfer of information is possible and it's even more complete than I expected. Beside some strain to Wan Bo, the large amount of soul power, and the lag in the body, this I clearly a success.'

*Tack*

"Ahhh...shit! It hurts..."

 Cussed Wan Bo as he accidentally hit his head with the broomstick, leaving a small scratch.

' I just hope that this idiot doesn't get hurt even before getting my soul. Haaaaa.....I sometimes regret choosing to sign a contract with him. Alas....'

*Tack*

"Fuck....

Wan Bo hit his head once again , but Roy still didn't say anything even though he wanted to shout in his ear to stop fooling around.

..........

A couple of more days had passed and during this time Wan Bo had started to prepare for a mission outside the Sect. As he was only a Body Formation 2nd stage cultivator he wasn't extremely powerful, but he was considered a strong human by the populace. This was partly because of the reputation of cultivators, but also because even a 2nd stage cultivator like Wan Bo could easily take on three untrained people at once.

As Wan Bo entered the mission hall which was in the form of a donut, he immediately headed on the second floor where the missions corresponding to his strength were.

"Running out some bandits from a mountain; 15 big silver coins and 10 Sect points.

Escorting a caravan passing through to the Bare Peak Sect; 10 big silver coins and  7 Sect points.

Helping with the plucking and tending to the medicinal plants of the Sect; 7 big silver coins and 16 Sect reputation......"

Wan Bo saw the more than a hundred available missions that ranged from fighting, escorting, menial labor , to helping the Sect's armorer's to forge weapons and armor. It was so diverse that it would make someone's head spin, but Wan Bo was looking for something specific, and he found it.

" It's here..." said Wan Bo as he approached the column on the middle of the building and couldn't help but marvel as usual at it. The column could be hardly called a column as it didn't hold anything but the available missions, but it's size was enormous. The column was four meters in diameter and was five stories high making you think if the Sect built the Mission Pavilion around the column. That would be the obvious answer, but if one though about it, how could a column of rock be in such a flat piece of land?

 The only answer someone could come up with was that it was transferred here by someone or something. The strength and money required to do such a thing made Wan Bo shiver, but he was soon snapped out of his daze as he remembered he had something to do.

He casually gave a glance to the mission and took it from the wall before heading to the mission elder. 

"Greetings Elder!" respectfully said Wan Bo to an old woman in her sixties who was reading a thick book. She wore a blue robe , had her greying hair in a braid and gave a feeling of authority.

"You decided on a mission?" said the woman without ever raising her head and Wan Bo immediately gave her the paper with the details of the mission. Only then the woman moved her attention from the book and read the contents. She quickly read it over before taking a big ledger from her side, put the mission inside it and started to ask Wan Bo a couple of questions.

"Name...

Age....

Sect Badge....

.........

Three more days passed and Wan Bo was still enthusiastically honing his skills with the staff In front of his house. He swung his new 1.8m staff  in different manners, thrust with it, did wide swing's, short swings, lounges, and blocked imaginary opponents with a smile. He was in a trance that could only be sought by his peers, but soon he was forced to stop as the time had finally come .

4