Interruption
123 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun had set over the horizon some time ago , and the full silver moon was casting it's silent silver blanket down. It was so quiet that the five of them could clearly hear their elevated heartbeat , but that was to be expected as a big amount of Yin Qi was radiating from the money entrance in front of them. 

The entrance was mainly supported by some rotting wood and vines, but there was also some new rope that had been used to fortify it. It was without a doubt the place where the ghost cultivator was residing.

"Leader, it seems that this, without a silver of doubt is the place where the ghost cultivator is hiding." said Tang Ping quietly that only Dai who was close to his could clearly hear.

"Indeed, the Yin qi is the perfect indicator. There is no other possibility" nodded in confirmation Dai as he motioned at Wan Bo and the sisters who also nodded. They understand that the plan would beginning soon enough and they prepared themselves emotionally.

..........

"Huuuuuuuu...." exhaled Wan Bo as he tightly held the staff is his hand.  The weight seemed lighter than usual and he couldn't stop fidgeting , especially his legs who seemed to have a mind of their own. Rey clearly knew what was happening and gave a little advice to Wan Bo. 'If you continue to act like that, you will be spent by the battle to come , and it'll be exhausting. When you get out of this alive, you will understand.'

Wan Bo wanted to jokingly say to Rey that he wasn't sure he was going to make it , but he contained himself . Surprisingly he seemed to have calmed down and he was focused once again as he waited, waited, and waited some more..... until a huge movement in the growing Yin Qi was seen.

Immediately Dai who was at the 5th stage of the Body Formation realm and Tang Ping who was at the forth rushed towards the entrance. They had chosen this exact moment to attack because a cultivator was the most vulnerable when he was having a breakthrough, and this was that moment.

Dai clenched the sword in his hand and Tang Ping seemed to have worn some sort of gloves which had their palm part bare. Each of them were full of killing intent as they were about to enter, but they suddenly came to a halt 2m before the entrance and immediately went to one side. Dai went to the left and Tang Ping to the right as an arrow came from the entrance of the mine and embedded itself onto the ground. It's tail vibrating a deadly humm.

"Shit..." cursed both of them as they hadn't noticed anything suspicious. The only reason they managed to doge the arrow was because they had planned to split up. It was only a precaution, but it seemed to have been the right choice. As they stood on each side of the entrance something was seen coming out, and without even a second passing, two arrows accurately flew towards it.

*Tak tak*

The arrows shoot by the sisters seemed to have hit something, but the sound made them frown as it didn't seem like the sound of it hitting flesh. A series of footsteps then followed and finally there figures came into view. Two of them seemed to have been starved as they were very skinny, but even in that state they were still holding a shield each protecting the third one behind them. The third one was man who wore a dark blue cloak covering all his body. The third figure seemed to blend with the night as it held in his right hand a piece of paper with numerous golden squiggles. As Dai and Tang Ping saw this they immediately understood that it was a talisman which could be used by Body Formation realm cultivators to cast immortal spell's. 

"Hmph, so there is more of you....pests!" said the man as he immediately put his hand in his cloak and took another talisman in his left hand. Immediately after that, other numerous footsteps were heard and more than 15 people frenziedly rushed out of the entrance. They roared and yelled as they rushed towards Dai Tang Ping and the others like wild animals.

"Raaaaahhhh....

"Gaaaaaaaa....

"Dai!" yelled Tang Ping as he took out of his baggy clothes  two strange weapon's which looked like mace's with a rapiers handguards, and immediately rushed at the enemies with Dai. Tang Ping did a side swing with his mace while Dai a downward slash with his sword resulting in two distinct sounds

*Bamm*

*Crack*

Dais sword cut the skull of one of them in half while Tang Ping's broke the neck of another, immediately defeating two of them. They didn't stop to celebrate though as they furiously continued to battle the other crazed people.

..........

On the other hand Wan Bo and the sisters watched in worry as Dai and Tang Ping  were fighting, but they didn't have the luxury to help. Five enemies were heading their way and would be on them in less than four seconds, so Wan Bo decided to meet them hear on. It wasn't the best decision , but it was the one he could think of. ' The sisters don't have a weapon for close combat so....

Wan Bo didn't think this anymore as he rushed with his staff upward, and as he felt the first of them was in range he strikes from above at it's neck before redirecting towards the head of the next in line.

"Huaaaappp....

*Tack* 

*Crack*

Two arrows also followed suit and immediately headed for two others, piercing the firs one's head, but the other doged it.

"What!?" exclaimed one of the sisters in surprise at the action, but she didn't have time to contemplate as the one who doged headed towards her with a dagger that had appeared from god knows where. Wan Bo also noticed this and wanted to help, but he still had one more to take care of.

"Aaahhhhh.....

The scream of one of them resounded in the forest making Wan Bo grit his teeth as he finally grounded the last of them with a stab and immediately headed back only to find one of the sisters holding her bleeding arm, and the other threatening the man with her dagger.

"Hihehie...." earily laughed the disheveled man as he looked at the blood on the dagger " You've already been poisoned by my handmade poison that only I know the antidote of, so I suggest you don't move to much. Also, if you want for that girl to live, it's best that you don't take any hasty decisions. That also means you, boy! " said the man as he angrily glared at Wan Bo , stopping him in his tracks.

"Tch...

4