Chapter Six: Spree
391 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hail guardsmen!" I began, a smile on my shrouded, helmeted face. I moved my hands to my helmet and lifted it off, revealing my supremely beautiful, maddeningly handsome face. That caused the guards atop the gate to stop and stammer, as they took in the divine beauty before them. 

"I am the new overlord and a literal divinity. To conquer and be worshiped is my birthright. Let me in. Serve me." I proclaimed as I reached out with an open hand. These words tugged at the hearts of the mortals who heard me since I was being honest, and when my hand was in the air I reached out with my mind and pulled on the gate in front of me. This caused the ground underneath the guards to tremble slightly and have to work to steady themselves. 

"Hey! Knock that off!" One of the guards, one with a stronger will and sense of self than the others shouted at me. He held a bow and had a quiver filled with arrows attached to his back. I gazed at him and began to smile.

"I see that not all of Spree's guards are simple..." I quietly uttered, under my breath as the man's hands twitched and itched to go and nock an arrow to his bow. 

"We..." He began when my gaze was locked onto him, finding it much harder to speak all of a sudden. My smile only grew wider and more sadistic as I saw the impact of my mere presence. 

"We do not obey tyrants!" He proclaimed, attempting to rally his sense of self and his will in an effort to be more intimidating. I merely chuckled at that and used telekinesis to rattle the gate some more causing the guards to stumble and have to work to stay on their feet. 

"If that is your philosophy I would advise you to reconsider." I informed the men, a proud smile on my face as I spoke.


In a tiny house at the edge of the town, a small, green goblin alchemist heard the sound of the guard's proclamation. She had been hard at work on a simple potion but one that she was especially fond of; a lust draft. 

The rather loose goblin alchemist wore a surprisingly professional outfit and had on a pair of safety goggles. She had previously been focused on the potion before her, but now that she had heard about this strange "Overlord" character... Her curiosity was piqued. She was attracted to strong men, the sort who could manhandle her four and a half foot body and who'd violently fill her with the seed she craved. 

The goblin, having already completed several potions today, even so early in the morning, resolved herself to go and investigate the distant commotion at the gate. Over the course of the next few minutes she changed into her casual clothing, a pair of surprisingly modern jeans from her homeworld of Mareth, and a simple shirt, and left her tiny home and alchemy shop. As she left she flipped the sign on the home that on one side said "Open!" and on the other side said "Closed!" to the "Closed" side. 

Tamani, a goblin from a different universe, made her way down the hill her home was placed on. As she did she saw the men at the distant gate working to steady themselves, and her keen senses vaguely made out distant, impossible to understand, words. Along the way she joined a small party of people who were curiously approaching the town's gate. 

The town of Spree was a quaint place that consisted of a large inn, a few blacksmithing shops, a butcher shop, and surprisingly vast farmlands. Tamani was one of the few multi-universal visitors to come to the place in the wake of a small portal appearing in the long uninhabited castle of "The lord of Spree", a title no one had claimed in decades since the last lord of Spree went on to become the dark wizard who corrupted the seven other champions he once helped defeat the "second" Overlord. The castle was filled with various sorts of monsters now, and was considered by all to be a corrupt, dangerous place. 

Tamani had entered this world there and quickly escaped, managing to slip by orcs, werewolves, and other vicious monsters, by sacrificing many of her own more potent potions, before making it to Spree and taking over a long-abandoned house. She quickly found acceptance there due to the potency of her alchemy and the low prices she charged those who purchased her goods. The diminutive goblin also attracted her fair number of admirers, since the curvy beauty was quite exotic compared to the simple human laborers who made up the majority of the population of Spree. 

The little goblin listened curiously as the townsfolk around her began to whisper softly. She listened to their hushed gasps of terror and awe as she walked closer and closer to the steadily shaking gate that kept out the quasi-mythical overlord.

"Is it true? Has a new one of those bastards and their goblin-like armies appeared?" One wife asked her husband. He dared not approach the gate, due to how steadily it was being shaken, but he looked unsure of what was going on. The guards on the platform atop the gate were being shaken by something and were unsteady on their feet. The gate was still a good distance away from where Tamani and the other villagers stood.

"It's been decades since the fall of the Fourth Overlord... When he died the radiation was still destroying this place." Another person, a local spinster, whispered quietly to one of her neighbors.  

"Did he even have children? I had never heard of him having children..." The neighbor whispered back, even as the force shaking the gate seemed to grow in intensity. In the distance, the gate could be seen visibly rocking, as if being struck by some vast force.


While I rocked the gate with my slow and steady uses of telekinesis I emanated countless spores. They filled the air around me, and then with but a simple mental nudge began to lazily float towards the guards. They were slow by themselves but I also helped out by creating a breeze that emanated out of me and blew them towards their destination. 

As a god of magic doing such a thing was fairly easy. I could effortlessly make use of my infinite inner wellspring of arcane, eldritch energy and command it to do my bidding with ease. Magic was as easy for me as making use of Blacklight was. It was a part of me in a very real and intuitive sort of way. My spores crossed the distance between the guards and me in just a few seconds, while I kept battering the gate to keep the guards unable to focus. 

When the spores hit the guards I immediately ordered them to infect the guards. I did not hesitate in the slightest. I had no real interest in either subtlety or violence in this instance, just a swift, overwhelming conquest. When I felt the minds of the guards be subsumed by the hivemind of the Blacklight virus I smiled, and behind me, so did the minions I had gathered and infected. 

"Guards... Open the gates! Welcome your new Overlord!" I proclaimed, as I finally stopped battering the gate. The guards cheered and eagerly began to open the gates, using a series of wheels and devices located atop the platform that jutted from the gate and had allowed them to converse with me in the first place. And then the gate began to lower, to the horror of the crowd who had gathered not far from the other side of the thing. I listened to their panicked screams as the gate began to fall to form a small drawbridge that would allow my allies and I passage into the village of Spree. 

My minions began to move towards the bridge, eager smiles on their faces as they took in the sight of many villagers to infect. Some of the villagers began to approach the drawbridge, angrily, but were stopped when the guards atop the platform began to walk towards them, weapons raised and anger visible in their eyes. That caused them to back up. And while everyone was moving I was able to see the tiny goblin who stood near the middle of the crowd. 

The goblin had dark green skin, full lips, a curvy body hidden behind a few layers of clothes, and had the potent vision to be staring as openly at me as I was at her. I could hear her heart hammering in her chest, and I could see her clothes shift slightly as her nipples hardened. I smiled at her as I stepped forward behind a few of my rather tall minions and began to enter the town. She attempted to move closer to me, her eyes fixated on my uncovered face, and was stopped by one of her neighbors. I chuckled and cleared my throat. 

"People of Spree! Your new overlord has arrived." I began, speaking confidently and allowing my voice to explode out of me. As I spoke, I felt the tiny goblin draw closer to me. 

"You... You aren't our overlord!" One of the people way back away from me shouted, defiantly. I smiled at him as the very same guard who had spoken out against me earlier stepped forward and rose his bow to point at the man. That made the man visibly deflate, as he stared at his former friend, unaware of the way I had dominated the guard. 

"I... Antonio..." He stammered, taken aback by the extremely sudden shift in his brother's attitude. I chuckled as the two men stared at each other. 

If you wanna know what I did to create this character and know about jumpchains, I'm basically creating an OC who took stuff from creative mode and the meta supplement. If you don't know about jumpchains and would like to, go check them out. Also, you may well see posts and comments by me on there! My Reddit username is Sin-God, if you see me say hello. I really love jumpchains.

11