Chapter Nine: Fantasy World
369 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even as I studied the elves, I began to hear the quiet voice of my unconscious self whisper in the back of my mind. It came to me with a quiet announcement, but one that was quite intriguing.

"Hello. Initializing your integration into this world, preparing your new, false identity, and preparing the items you have, courtesy of your nature as a living god." The voice explained, gently. The news that I had both a false identity and had received a number of "items" was quite fascinating to me. As I listened to the announcement I mentally reviewed the powers at my disposal and considered the ways I could mess with the two elven priests.

"I could use 'Emanation'..." I uttered, to myself. At the moment I was totally and utterly undetectable, even to the potent "Creator Goddess" of this mini-universe thanks to the potent power known as "Subtle", though had I desired it I could have allowed anyone I wished to see as freely as I wanted.

"Emanation" was one of my more potent and mysterious powers, one that allowed me to project portions of my divine nature and use those projections to overwhelm mortals, immortals, and even other divinities if I was greater than they were. With it I could project something like my divine fury, instilling an incredible amount of fear in my enemies, or my divine awe, causing those who saw the projection to fall to their knees in worship of me. As I considered that, the soft voice of my unconscious mind began to whisper into my mind once again. 

"False identity created. You are now Fohion Ironheart, a human from this world's infamous 'City of Slaves', which is where you currently are in the only part of the city where elves can live without fear of being abducted and enslaved. You own a considerable number of items, including potent artifacts from the world of Northos, which is where you were previously." The voice began, sounding more than a little bit excited.

"The items you own that are items and not locations or some unique artifacts such as your health totems, are currently within your inventory, which you can access with a thought. Some of your items include things like a number of seeds that if planted in fertile soil will grow to become divine trees, trees intimately connected to the goddess of this universe, or a potent arcane mirror that contains the soul of one of this world's greatest archmages, a fallen high-elf who fell for a human general and worked to destroy the elven city on which the 'City of Slaves' is now built." The voice explained, eagerly. 

"Every time you visit a new universe you will gain a slew of new abilities, new perks, new items, and a false identity. These new identities form 'Alt-forms' which you can shift into whenever you wish, and your new items, new abilities, and new perks are almost always able to work in other universes." The voice informed me, speaking quite happily. 

"For example, in one universe there is a potent cosmic force, an energy field created by almost all life, known as 'The Force'. If you visit the universe this force resides within you will gain the power to make use of it. If you enter another universe, one where 'The Force' does not exist, you will not lose your ability to manipulate this cosmic force, and would in fact be able to use it freely, as if it had always existed within the universe where it hadn't." My unconscious self, filled with the immense knowledge bestowed upon it by "Worldmind" revealed. 


As my unconscious self spoke to me about things like "Alt-forms" and the ability to transfer powers and perks from one universe to another, I mentally inspected my "Inventory". In my mind's eye, my "Inventory" appeared to be an infinite grid of boxes, each of which could contain an infinite number of any sort of item. At any moment I could access the grid of boxes, which were supposed to represent item slots, and pull out any of the things they possessed.

At the moment some of the items included in it were things like "Elven drugs", from the world of Northos, and of course items from this world. The items from this world were fascinating to me and they included intriguing things like "Lambas bread" which were a number of loaves of bread filled with such magic that even a single bite of one loaf was enough to fill even an adult orc's stomach with nutrients for a whole day. 

Another item was a potent "deed" to some brothel within the city, one that I knew, just by glancing at the deed itself, was filled with lovely and sexually skilled elven women, as well as elven men who sometimes had the fun task of breeding with the elven women to create the next generation of elves who'd work in the brothel. The brothel was, according to the deed, the property of whosoever owned the deed so it seemed that I now owned a business located somewhere in this very city.  

Once I had more of an idea of what I was doing I planned to pay the brothel I now owned a visit. I was looking forward to residing within the den of sin and resting for a moment. But for now... Well, for now, I needed to be mischievous for a moment.


The pair of elven clergypeople were siblings who had lived their entire lives together. The two of them were millennia old, and over the course of their long lives, they had been incredibly devoted servants of their goddess. The goddess herself had seen fit to bless them, as a fitting reward for their service, and now they were given the honorable but challenging task of maintaining the sole temple to their goddess, in her capacity as a goddess of elves specifically, left in the city. The brother and sister themselves treated this as a reward for their loyal service to their potent goddess. 

The two of them carefully studied the holy text their goddess herself was reputed to have created in the unspeakably distant past. They stood and studied the thing in careful, silent, contemplation. Nevertheless, despite their silent contemplation, their awe for their goddess was so potent that in reading the book they believed she had created they were easily distracted, and thus when the dark god watching them cast a simple sleep spell they were easily ensorcelled by it. The two elves almost immediately fell asleep, and managed to do so with grace and beauty, even while staying standing up.

Distantly, the dark lord who had cast the spell began to smile as he intruded upon their dreams. He silently utilized his own potent divinity to weave the separate dreams into one, shared vision, effortlessly linking their minds and allowing them to see the same unholy sights he had planned for them.


The two siblings seemed to awaken in the midst of a grand, but utterly empty temple. They looked around in confusion, before turning to face each other with their questions etched onto their lovely faces. 

"Azura..." Amanath stated, his gaze stony and stoic as he gazed onto the soft face of his sister. She nodded at him, confusion visible on her face, to a much greater, much more honest extent. 

"I too am confused. This is not a vision. Or if it is, it isn't from Nevermoor." She replied, her knowledge of the esoteric lore of her goddess far greater than that of her sibling. The temple they were inside of stretched farther than their eyes could see, and loomed as far overhead as they could visualize. They could not see the roof of the vast building. And as they turned their gazes away from each other, for the sake of continuing to explore the strange temple, darkness began to surround them. 

An eerie, dark fog began to slowly seep out of the ground beneath their feet. The fog was the color of obsidian, a strange naturally occurring glass that was often thought of as unholy by the inhabitants of the universe Fohion was visiting. Just the sight of it was enough to chill the two siblings, making them feel a veritable chill crawl up their spines.

The dark mist began to coalesce and form one thick, supernatural cloud of darkness which after a few moments of coming together began to form a loose approximation of a humanoid figure. As the shadows came together, two little lights began to glow in the figure's "head" that both of the keenly intelligent elves knew were to represent the sinister entity's eyes. Amanath gazed at the entity and expected it to focus entirely on Azura, to pine after her as so many in the past had, but to his surprise, the creature seemed to pay every bit as much attention to him as it did to her.  

"Elves..." The being seemed to whisper, though it lacked a mouth, quietly, frightfully. The two siblings gazed at the creature, and the longer they stared at it, the more it stared at them. And, terrifyingly, the more it stared, the more thing saw. They sensed its supernatural, soul-piercing gaze study their forms, gaze at them as though they were but naked concubines displayed before their liege lord. 

The sinister gaze of the creature inflamed the bodies of the ancient elves, awakening emotions they had sought to slay within themselves, making them feel goosebumps on their skin as they felt long-extinguished sparks of desire reawakening within their hearts, chests, and other, lustful body parts. Beneath their robes blood rushed to body parts the siblings swore they'd never use, they'd never touch, making a small part of each of the elves want to betray their ancient oaths to their goddess and one true queen.


I studied the sleeping forms of the two elves. They were almost supernaturally beautiful. I could see how much work their creator put both into them and into their species. And I knew that I was already sinking my claws into them, and in doing so subtly making a move against the potent goddess who ruled this world. 

I intended to make them, and indeed every elf in this world, members of my empire. Creatures that I could sink the unholy talons I possessed into. And as I watched the pair of elves sleep, I saw a soft but totally noticeable blush appear on each of their faces. I also saw their lips curl upwards in embarrassed, sinful smiles as they relished the corruption that was seeping into their souls. 

I closed my eyes, fully focused on the vision I was actively causing the pair to experience, and silently activated "Emanation". As I did I focused on the dark, sinful nature of the inhuman and divine beauty of my form.


Within the depths of the vision the two elves watched the dark being with lust-filled, hazy eyes. The longer they stared at the shadowy being who had somehow entrapped them in its own personal realm of dreams the more they lost themselves. 

Something about the dark being was beautiful beyond their ability to describe. It was as if the being itself was sinful lust incarnate, its very presence spoke to them in ways that nothing ever had, whispered silky promises of unexperienced and unimaginable bliss and pleasure. And that was before Fohion activated his potent "Emanation" ability.

The protagonist in this story, Fohion, is a member of the same species as Antonio from "A Living God". That said he is actually stronger than Antonio, due to the fact that he has unique combat powers and different modes of transcendence. This could be considered a version of that story that incorporates existing fictional universes whereas Antonio's story is set in a more wholly original setting. Also, the name I gave to the world Overlord (again, the game, not the light novel series) takes place in is a name I invented, to my knowledge the world where that game takes place has never been stated in canon (though I fully admit I could be wrong).

12