Chapter Twenty Six: Visions And Dreams
141 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not all worlds, galaxies, or universes, lacked an abyss. The world of Northos was one planet that wasn't lucky enough to be spared one. The world possessed a singular abyss, a vast realm of nightmares that served as one of the afterlives that those who died on that world could be sent depending on their alignment. 

The abyss of Northos was a dreadful place, one where undead wraiths served a foul and malignant god. One who wore armor the color of night, with eyes the color of burning coals. In the depths of the oldest portion of the abyss, the tyrannical mad god who had been trapped there long ago stirred in his sleep. 

The insane divinity, once a mortal who slew a god and feasted on his heart, lurked in the center of a gigantic temple made from brown sandstone. He laid lazily upon a vast throne sprawled atop a dais in the heart of the most massive room in the temple and he sensed a disruption occurring in the world far above his subterranean home. 

"Stranger..." The sleeping god whispered, though his eyes stayed shut and he kept sleeping. His words were not uttered to an empty throne room.

Instead of being alone in the vast heart of the gigantic temple, he was surrounded by four gremlin-like creatures, each of which was a different color. One of the little minions was a dusty shade of brown, while another was bright green. The final two were two separate colors, one was the same shade of blue as the ocean, and the last one was the same shade of red as a drop of lava. 

All four minions looked at each other in shock as they heard the muttered word of their master, the third overlord. And unbeknownst to them, the fallen overlord's oldest companions, heroes who once journeyed with him to save the world before falling to corruption and becoming his greatest enemies, began to stir in their respective abyssal homes, as the former king of evil began to slowly but surely stir. 

The strange divinity began to dream once more, seconds after he uttered that singular word. He dreamed haunted dreams, dreams of madness and evil. He dreamed of vengeance, but not his own. He dreamed of the vengeance that the newest living nightmare to plague Northos sought, vengeance against the powerful hero who defeated him in battle and unknowingly banished him to the world of Northos. And as he dreamed he began to grow for the very first time in ages.

And the overlord was not the only divinity that was stirring. For there were two existent gods native to Northos. One of them was the fallen overlord who had once conquered a vast continent and made it his dark domain. The other was the ambitious divinity known as "The Mother Goddess", and in the depths of her own realm, she quietly watched the world. 

The goddess, in her own private plane, silently and slowly watched the world. She was unlike any of the other divinities that Fohion was aware of because she could see him. She watched the strange Living God as he explored her world, and occasionally almost smiled as he made his way around her home. She knew not what his purpose was, because while she could see him she was not powerful enough to hear him. His uttered words were inaudible to her, and so she watched him with the same casual interest that someone might flip through a picture book with. 

Her power and arrogance blinded her to the threat he posed. She had spent too long being the one true master of this world. She had come to view all self-proclaimed overlords as children playing at power, and not as true threats to her divinity and to her supremacy over the world. If she was not careful, one day her arrogance would spell her downfall. Nevertheless, she continued to silently watch the avatar of Fohion presently within Northos.


When the very last gold coin in the treasure trove at the heart of Castle Spree was teleported to my chambers in the tower within the netherworld I glanced at my arm and chuckled. I was different now. I looked different now. 

Until I had begun to absorb the gold within the bottom chamber of the castle my fingers and my arm had been fully human in appearance. Not one part of me was even remotely human but for most of my life, I had looked like a handsome but ultimately mundane human being. For my arm at least, that was no longer the case. 

The arm and hand of mine that housed the gauntlet that had been put on me hours ago were now fully inhuman in appearance. My arm was covered in multi-hued scales, those of a mighty dragon. My fingers were not the blunt digits of a human but rather the impossibly sharp and dangerous talons of a dragon. The limb was handsome looking in its own way but was also strange to look at. 

I felt power radiating off of the appendage, power that I was not quite familiar with but could easily identify. The power of greed that was suffusing this particular body was empowering the part of me that was both draconic and demonic and that was having a real effect on my appearance. 

Dragons were creatures of greed who possessed immense hoards. As a dragon lord collecting even a single gold coin empowered me, and the more wealth I collected the more my power grew. I could feel the power within me, growing ever more formidable as I gazed at my hand. 

Elsewhere another of "me", one of the other avatars, was currently having sex with Bellatrix and that empowered me as thoroughly as collecting this gold had. I could feel the faintest echo of the pleasure that that "me" was experiencing and my nature as a grand adonis, and an archdemon of lust meant that every sex act Bellatrix and I performed not only energized me but also actively empowered me. Lust was a tremendous source of power for a creature like me, and my dark influence was already present in worlds perfect for my lusts. 

"How intriguing..." I muttered as I studied my arm and continued to relax as I felt echoes of the sensation of Bellatrix's lips on my body. I shivered slightly as I felt her joy as she serviced me. 

I continued to study my armor and chuckled. The scales were expanding, though at this point they had expanded so much that they were only visible beneath my armor. The multicolored scales reflected my strange nature as a mighty and eldritch dragon lord, one who had innate mastery over all eight of the draconic elements. 

I was a powerful wielder of all four classical elements, earth, air, fire, and water, and all four of the stranger elements associated with dragonkind as well; poison, electricity, light, and darkness. Each of these elements granted me potent power in its own devastating ways. Some of them were more straightforwardly destructive such as poison and fire, while others were equally destructive but required more creativity to use to their full might such as light and earth. 

As a dragon lord, I was a titanically powerful being and I knew that in time I'd have the power to show off that aspect of myself.


In the depths of the dark tunnel, I relaxed against a wall as Bellatrix's head bobbed up and down on my member. Unsurprisingly the dark beauty was a wildfire in bed, and she was having the time of her life as she choked herself on my member. 

My hands were in her dark mane of hair, pulling her closer and closer to me. The inside of her mouth was warm and wet and I had to fight back against the urge to thrust in and out of her mouth. She smirked at me, and her shifting mouth felt pleasant. 

As we fucked I could feel various things occurring to the two of us. I sensed my powers over lust empowering her, and even as I gazed at her I could see her becoming more powerful and more beautiful. 

As a grand adonis and as an archdemon of lust I had an array of abilities related to sex that were not only beneficial for me but for those who slept with me. The most basic of these powers was known, uncreatively, as "Empowerment", and it was a potent physique enhancer. "Empowerment" was basic but potent and it increased the physiques of anyone I laid with who I used it on, making them stronger, smarter, more beautiful, more charismatic, and more. 

Thanks to it I saw Bellatrix's face becoming prettier with every moment of pleasure that we shared. I could also feel her magical power increasing in potency and even her intellect itself sharpening to a razor edge that dwarfed how smart she had been back when she was on Earth. Every second she spent with her mouth coiled around me I could feel her growing greater and greater, and I even felt her inner wellspring of magical power increasing in strength, depth, and adaptability, which made me chuckle. 

I was also feeding on the sex we were having. With every flick of her tongue, I could feel my mastery of my powers reaching a new crescendo. Every moment we spent intertwined empowered me in ways that were both obvious and not so obvious. 

Curiously as Bellatrix and I pleasured each other I myself was physically changing as well. While I was deep inside of her eager, enchanting throat I could feel "Eternal Ascension" speeding up. That meant that all of my attributes were positively increasing at an even faster rate than they had been previously. Beyond that, the energies generated by our sex were flowing into me and empowering me. 

I could feel the power of lust filling me up and becoming something more malleable within me. I knew that with ease I could convert the energies in my heart into any other kind of energy I might need, ranging from solar radiation which both empowered and fueled my Kryptonian abilities, or into the sort of essence that fueled my powers as a sanguinarch. 

Additionally, in the context of my powers as a sanguinarch, I was filling up with essence due to the intensity of the passion Bellatrix felt for me while we had sex. One of the five sources of essence that a sanguinarch could be empowered by was intimacy, which in this context was an eloquent way of saying "sex". The intensity of Bellatrix's passionate love for me significantly empowered the sheer amount of essence I was getting as a result of her frenzied, loving suction. 

I chuckled and moaned softly as I ran my hands through her hair. And distantly, another pair of my hands were hard at work.


I possessed an array of powers that I had not yet utilized. As I began to turn from the portal and face the direction of the door that would lead me back to the rest of Castle Spree I rose my hand that hadn't been transformed into a draconic claw and began to use one such power. 

I channeled the potent powers of "Reality Warping" and as I did so I began to feel my awareness of other timelines increase. In my mind's eye, I could see the room I was in but in other realities. In some it was filled with rotting corpses, in others, it had an array of fancy furniture, and in some, it was a prison used to house annoying but important prisoners. These different timelines were visible to me in new mental theaters in my mind's ever-expanding eye. As I gazed at the myriad of realities to use to accomplish my strange intent I heard a voice whisper into my mind. It asked me a simple question.

[Please select a reality to overlay onto yours.] 

I did as I was asked, selecting one reality wherein this subterranean chamber was outfitted with formal furniture and watched as the room began to shimmer and change. All around me reality itself began to slowly change and items began to come into existence. It took a matter of moments, but I could see various pieces of elegant and luxurious items beginning to materialize around me.

I began to turn around and as I did I noticed something unexpected but exciting; my expanded vision was not going away. Instead of the new windows in my mind's eye fading into nothingness, they instead changed to reflect what else I was looking at. 

When I turned to look at the door that would lead me out of the room I could see the same door in dozens of alternate timelines. In some, it was an elegant thing made from gold or other fancy metals. In other timelines, the door had long ago rotted away, and instead, an empty doorway was all I could see. 

The powerful super ability was giving me a permanent awareness of other timelines and other realities on which I could draw for the usage of my power! I shuddered, almost in pain, when the power expanded across my other selves and showed me what they could see but also alternate timelines and realities which they could use to alter and distort the worlds they were in. 

My grand mind's eye, my perception of reality itself, was massively changing as my mind itself shifted so that I could physically see the infinite realities that I could overlap with my own. I could see entire worlds in my mind's eye, and each mental theater that was already present in my grand perception of reality multiplied so that I could see every possible alternative timeline I could use to bring to life my nightmarish vision for the future. 

I began to laugh as I realized the incredible power that lurked within me.


Within the depths of the destroyed castle, the mighty dragon lord fell to his knees as he laughed. As he did a colossal pair of wings began to extend from his back, as brilliantly multicolored as his scales were. The wings were powerful things, and they were resistant to reality itself so when they hit the walls that surrounded him they phased through them with ease. 

As Fohion laughed, exalting in the potency of the new power he wielded, he began to rise. His wings began to beat, responding to his subconscious will, and they began to lift him off of the ground. Each time the gigantic wings that jutted from his back beat they lifted him up higher and higher. When his head reached the ceiling above him he began to pass through the walls that surrounded him, reality only having a bit of a grip on the mighty warrior. 

He ascended higher and higher, and as he did his wings began to beat faster and faster. He paid attention to them and watched as they quickly began to beat unbelievably fast. He was so wrapped up in watching the wings that he almost didn't notice something odd occurring; he was transforming. Had it not been for his internal mental theaters picking up his ascending body he wouldn't have even realized that he was becoming less human and more draconic with every passing second.

The dragon lord was becoming decidedly more draconic as he rose through the air. His armor was fading away and his body was becoming more bestial. He was also growing larger, though only portions of his body were corporeal at the moment. Most of him was incorporeal and had he been entirely solid he'd have been colliding with various portions of the castle. 

By the time he had escaped the confines of the castle he was flying in midair and was entirely draconic. He was covered in immense, beautiful multicolored scales that absorbed moonlight and refracted it to make him appear brilliantly handsome despite his draconic features. He floated over the castle and he could see the distant town of Spree far below himself. His current form was an utterly gigantic one, fully visible in the skies above the castle for dozens of miles in every direction. 

Most of the townspeople of Spree were indoors and they were celebrating with their families, daring to dream of a better, happier future. Fohion was about to shatter that dream, and he did so with a smile. 

He rose one scaled paw and pointed it at the castle below him. As he did the long ruined and abandoned castle began to change. The walls of the place began to be replaced by newer, undamaged walls. The marble that made up the floor was altered and cleaned, as if by magic. Even the inside of the castle was abruptly repaired and refurnished, to the shock and awe of the warriors who were exploring the place. 

In the skies above the castle, the dragon gazed in the direction of the town to which the castle was affiliated. He let out a joyous screech of powerful triumph and maddened ambition as he gazed at the town. The sound exploded out of him and rocketed in every direction, including the direction of the town. 

When it reached the people of the town they heard it and felt a tremendous amount of fear grip their hearts. They were stunned into silence and inaction for a few moments as the triumphant roar of the god-beast floating outside of their home shook them to their very cores. Children looked at each other in fear, looking to their friends for comfort. Wives gazed at husbands, and husbands gazed at their children. Whether they sought comfort or reasons to be brave they all turned to each other in this moment of mass fear. 

And then, after a few moments of almost mind-numbing terror, the bravest among them slowly began to walk towards their doors or their windows. They were all looking for ways to see whatever had just caused that terrifying sound. 

The first people to get to gaze at the dragon were the customers who had been inside of Tamani's home, as well as the goblin herself. They were situated atop a hill near the edge of town. They saw the mighty dragon through a window in the part of Tamani's home where she prepared her potions. 

The moment they saw the vast dragon in the distance they stopped doing what they were doing. Tamani placed the potion she had been working on on the ground, allowing the contents to spill out and begin to seep into her floor, as she stared, awestruck, at the brilliantly beautiful dragon floating in the distance. 

The beast was the size of a mountain and was easily the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. As she gazed at it, she instinctively knew that the beast was Fohion, even if she didn't know how she knew that. 

"The Overlord..." She whispered, enraptured by the beast's light and by the impossible beauty the thing possessed. 

"The Overlord?" One of her customers asked, as he gazed at the beast. He was not gazing at it in the same way that she was, instead his eyes were the eyes of a lesser person, someone who felt fear when he saw the creature in the skies above the castle. His voice trembled as he uttered those words. 

Unbeknownst to either creature, both of their reactions empowered Fohion. He fed off of their fear, and their love in equal measure.

3