Chapter 9: Monsters behind the closet.
154 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akio looked at her right hand, radiant with white light. She was surprised at what was happening. How did she have this power? This unknown sensation, spreading all over her hand.

 

but her mind didn't stay there any longer. With another enemy still present. she couldn't let her guard down. she stared back at the scarface. her eyes glaring at him with rage.

 

she quickly paced towards him, thinking he would run away or have a gun in his hand. her hand ready to attack him where her hands reached.

 

but to her surprise, the scary man with scars all over his face protruded his hands up in submission.

 

"….. I won't harm you," he said with a bit of fear. his gaze elsewhere, looking at the wall, where his boss was plastered too, blood still leaking from his head and the end of his mouth. unknown if he was dead or alive.

 

"what…?" she questioned, staying in her position, being cautious. she didn't want to attack him as well, cause she knew, he was also a strong being like the giant over there, a lesser in strength but still a threat. And she was sure, he would also be a pain in the ass to handle in her state. where her leg was still hurting. her breathing uneven with how little stamina she had left.

 

"Why should I leave you alone….?" she declared. " all I know is, you might attack me when I let my guard down…..so why should I bother?"

 

she asked, gathering the same energy on her wrist. She thought he would surrender in fear but he took out a knife, forcing her to take a step back.

 

She was ready to fight but he didn't come to her but walked to the side where his leader was. Passing by the destroyed desk. he put his finger on his blood dripping nose.

 

"he's still alive…" he said. with his monotone voice.

 

she knew the man was alive. she only knifed him with a sleeping drug which she found in a drug store and her punches weren't that much powerful that. it would kill a giant like him in two punches.

 

"so what…?" she asked, still cautious.

 

Splurk!

 

The knife which was in his hand, went to the leader's neck as he slowly pushed it on his neckline, warm blood slowly flowing to the knife and to his hands, but he didn't stop, reaping his neck from one side to another.

 

cough! cough!

 

the unconscious leader started coughing out blood, his consciousness gradually coming up but it was too late as those were his final breath.

 

"…..he's dead…." Aiko said in shock. "you…..killed him…why?" 

 

the scarface, looked back at her, wiping away the blood in his hands and his knife.

 

"…..is this enough to prove that I won't harm you…?" he asked. With the same nonchalant voice and his fixed expression.

 

Aiko didn't know what to reply as the light in her hand lessened. When out of nowhere. They started hearing screams from down below.

 

"…..what?! What are they….? Aaaaaa…" shouted a man from below. his voice echoing with thread and pain.

 

"Monsters!!??…..don't eat me…no…nooo…noooo!!!" another man shouted with fear.

 

.

.

.

Akio and the scarface were gazing at the door, where the screech of some unknown animal and the screams of many men and women echoed. 

 

Both of them were silent. Steady on their foot, not moving a single inch. Listening to those horrifying sounds, coming from down below.

 

"…..w…what…?" Aiko asked….her voice shaking from fear….. Why wouldn't she, she was hearing it all. The sound of bone and meat crunching, the screams of agony. 

 

Knock!! knock!!

 

"help!!! boss help me!!.....save me!!

 

knock! knock!! knock!!

 

"no…no don't come near….no..no!!! aaaaaa…..it hurts…

 

crunch!

 

..it hurts….I don't want to die…

 

crunch! crunch!

 

...…"

 

silence…..there was only silence right after. Aiko was already many steps away from the door, her feet quaking in fear.  After hearing so many screams of pain and agony. The silence returned. a few minutes ago, she could hear those scumbags laughing and talking but right now, there was only silence and only silence.

 

"…..what is… happening….?" Aiko asked, her body now many steps back.

 

it took all of her courage to face a man but…..monsters. she wasn't ready. who would be in those situations? the so-called mythical monsters who only appear in stories and movies. now near their footsteps, their shadow seeping from the bottom of the door.

 

she looked at the scarface and saw his finger on his lips, asking her to be quiet. and she did. Standing like a statue. not even moving a single muscle. 

 

step!

 

step! step!

 

they heard long steps behind the door. the steps which no human could produce. the sound of the wooden floor squeaking with that thing's every step. crawling both of them in fear. the same fear which they suffered in their childhood. thinking there was someone below their bed. 

 

step!

 

step!   step!    step....step!......step!

 

but the steps of the so-called monster started hushing down, its steps slowly going away. 

 

both the scarface and the girl started breathing in a bit of relief thinking the monster was walking away. with each sound of the step. its sound going dimer and dimer.

 

'ar….are they gone…?' she thought, her heart still beating in fear.

 

baam..!

 

but to her surprise, a loud sound of someone falling came from her side, and to her horror, it was the giant man plastered on the wall, who eventually fell down on the floor. 

 

both of their eyes were wide open in shock and fear as a sound of their horror starts screeching behind the door.

 

Raaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!....

 

""fuck...""

.

.

.

.

"hey…..hey wake up…" Aiden whispered, slightly shaking her shoulder. "Emi….wake up…"

 

Emi shrugged his hand, still deep within her sleep.

 

"…just …five minutes…more…" she said, still sleeping on her comfortable bed.

 

Aiden sighed. they were safe but that didn't mean they shouldn't be careful. it was already morning. and she was still asleep.

 

he walked towards the window, watching the view from a tall building. the view was great, the morning sun shining upon the many lands but it would be much better if it wasn't a divested wasteland. 

 

he again sighed. gazing what humanity had come to. all of their hard work, which they took thousands of years to build, is now gone. he didn't realize this first when he was taking it all for granted but now there was nothing left. he missed it. 

 

he took his last sigh and steadied his heart. he knew this wasn't the end. there was more to come. many new visitors have come and from his knowledge. they weren't nice.

 

he gazed upon the clear sky. the red dots still flying around. he could see some of them, with his improved vision. 

 

'how much time left until they come down….?' he asked.

 

[...1030 hours 54 minutes 03 seconds left…..]

 

'haaa...we have less time. I need to gather what is left of Tokyo to gather them all to face what is coming….' he thought, as he turned to the sleeping Emi.

 

'And save as many as I can…..'

 

"Emi!.....monsters are coming!" he jokingly said.

 

"What!?... monsters?! where…how!?" she shouted, waking up from her sweet dreams. she looked around, her eyes gawking at whom this monster was, and found nobody, only a certain handsome guy looking at her with a smile.

 

"you…..you meanie!!" she scold, throwing her pillow at him. but he easily caught it, not even batting an eye.

 

they were staying on the 11th floor, at a hotel building. where half of it was already fallen below but the floor from the 12th floor was somehow intact with minimum cracks. so they decided to stay at the top. away from all the rotten smell of death men and women all over the place.

 

"wake up….we need search for more food and water…." he said.

 

Emi was tired. from the past days, they were only searching for food and water and if possible, some people, but it was much to ask, as most of them were dead. only leaving corpses and more corpses.

 

she walked towards the huge cabinet, with her heavy bagged eyes, opened it as a snack and many food items fell onto the floor.

 

"look at this!!!.....we have food!!....." she shouted.

 

she again walked to another cabinet, where there were many liters and liters of water.

 

"We have water!!....and it is enough for us to live with it for many months, why search for more…?!" she asked in frustration.

 

yes, they search every nook and cranny around them and with the help of his monstrous strength, which kept growing and growing every day. they stumbled many heavy blocks, getting access to foo within, and to add more, they had found a space where they were safe and sound, away from awful smell.

 

and he said he wanted to go back down. which frustrated her even more.

 

"what else do we need…..can we just rest and chill for a couple of days…?" she asked, looking at him with her baggy eyes. 

 

she didn't need her glasses anymore as she could see clearly without them and she knew the reason why, as Aiden told her most of the happenings about the force, demons, and Angels which she hardly wanted to believe.

 

Aiden didn't say anything. he wanted to search for more people but looking at her eyes with black circles around, he felt kind of guilty, pushing her to the limit.

 

'haaa….'

 

without knowing, he started thinking she was strong as him, with strength and stamina like his but forgot he was somewhat special. so he did what he needed to his fullest in pursuit to fulfill his goal but forgot his companion could be tired following him.

 

'when was the time I properly slept like a human being again…?....but I am not tired…haaa…..maybe I am the problem here…'

 

"yeah….maybe we need to rest for a while…" he said, sitting on the comfy sofa near him.

 

Emi finally felt relief and went back to her bed, and started snoring right after. Already shows how she needed her sleep to rest.

 

"...I really pushed her to the limits, didn't I?.... let's close my eyes for a bit…"

 

{ I wouldn't do that if I were you….}

 

"what?! wh…."

3