Chapter 18: Predator or Prey?
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can…we…talk..?"

 

'What am I even saying….they are wolves for god's sake..'

 

Both the wolves kept staring at each other, only when Aiden stepped near, did they finally look back at him. Their paws pacing near him and the more he came near, the more huge they looked. The shadow casted by them, hauling his body whole.

 

Only five foot distance remaining. And they were still not doing anything to him. His heart calmed down a bit. As they only looked down at him. Not even a speck of bloodlust coming out of them, like the many imps he faced.

 

"aaarrrr….." one of them growled.

 

"ohh….they are trying to communi….."

 

Clang!!

 

Aiden jumped off from his spot, landing on a tree branch. His shirt teared apart from their sneaky jaws.

 

"What the fuck..?" he said, glaring at one of the wolf, who was now in his previous space. His teared up leather cloth stuck in its sharp jaws.

 

He felt a tinge of pain in his hands and his chest, an inkling of blood seeping out from the gap of his shredded shirt. 

 

"They got me…." he said, touching his wound. 

 

{Well…..told you so.}

 

Aiden just wanted to shout out 'shut up' on her face, but then again, the fear of her unknown power was still there.

 

If he didn't have used his 'force' on his feet, it would had been too late. His body chomped off in half. He turned back to come up with a new plan. But all of a sudden, his whole body felt an excruciating pain. Like his inner organs were just pulled out.

 

{already forgot…..no showing your back….if you try returning or even think about giving up. Your soul is mine….hahahaha…}

 

"...."

 

The pain stopped, his body back to normal but his whole body was swept with his own moisture. His breathing as rough as possible.

 

{If you stay like that….you will just die…}

 

"What…"

 

Just after her warning, a sharp branch grew out of the tree. But his reflexes were sharp enough to dodge it quick enough. His body now landing on the green grass.

 

"So they don't just grow, they can also freely control it….terrific." He said, readying his knife.

 

The moment both the wolf's saw him taking out his long butchering knife, they showed their teeth, akin to a smile. A smile of mockery.

 

"I have to take them now….and I need to survive…"

 

He didn't know why the angel and the demon gave him this chance, but he was sure he wasn't using their power properly. Even now, he was doomed with a demon on his back and the angels pet on his front.

 

He channeled his force on his legs and his hands as he saw one of them stepping closer, his cloth still on its teeth. Glaring at him with its green eyes. It was like he wasn't even food to them, only a plaything. Which they wanted to play, rip and tear.

 

"Damn monsters…"

 

It attacked him right away, his razor-sharp claws coming near his face within seconds. But his feet beat the certic to it. Dodging another one of its blow.

 

'That thing is getting faster….wait...are they..?'

 

He thought right, both of them were just playing with him. That wasn't even the green wolf's full speed. He was just like a rat for the wolves.

 

 Now confirming his thoughts, he felt a bit of rage. He didn't like it. Someone playing with his life like it was a game. The demon was looking down on him enough and these dogs were also joining her rein.

 

"Damn dogs...you will regret this….let's see how fast you really are."

 

He gazed at his status. His 'Force' left with 89 points. "This will be enough."

 

He started using up his CP quick, putting it all that 'force' in his feet. The certics only grinned, but that grin slowly changed. As there mouth shut close, as the human being before them turned blur, running all around them.

 

'w…where is that human…'

 

'I c..can't see that insect..' 

 

Aiden gazed at his status again, his CP almost finished. But he was waiting for an opportunity. It was a risky decision, but he needed to attack their blind spot. Otherwise. With their speed, they would quickly dodge it. Only leaving a scar.

 

"There!"

 

Without hesitating one bit, he stepped forwards, with all of his power. Leaving an after is image. His knife piercing through their warm belly. 

 

He didn't know how hard their skin was but he was sure there under belly would surely be soft. Betting on that thought. He went through and thank god. His blade cut through both of their bellies with ease.

 

""aaaarrrrrrr!!!...." both of them cried in pain. Their feet giving out in agony. Their body groveling down. They thought they were only messing with some weak human. Like many other small humans, they played and tortured to bits. 

 

'Who….are you..?' one of them said as Aiden stepped near the one certic who still had his clothe on its teeth. But Aiden understood nothing. Only hearing it growl.

 

"That's for playing with me…" he said. Driving his butcher knife on its skull. It was fast and clean. His 'force' now concentrated on his hand. The certics surprised and horror look now turned lifeless.

 

Watching its friend die, he whimpered in fear. Trying to get up, but the wound was too deep. So much so, his insides were coming out. But it was too late to struggle, as he was already near.

 

"bye bye…"

 

pichik!!

 

Watching its eyes turn lifeless, his anger finally cooled down, and so did his power.

 

[CP: 0/100]

 

[Level Up]

 

Now…it was his feet's turn to gobble down. Without a speck of energy in his shaking feet, he landed his tired body on the certics still warm and soft body.

 

"haa…my feet hurts like shit…"

 

He wanted to check if the blood vessels of his feet were popped off but, he didn't want to move. Only feeling his tired body and the pain coming after he forced too much of this mysterious energy within his leg muscles. But it was also healing as well. A cool sensation covering his hands and feats.

 

But he was still in enemy territory. Hearing steps of the other wolf, coming near them.

 

'Dammit! not now…'

 

He forced his body to drag below the dead certic, his body covered by its green blood.

 

'Wait… this might help.'

 

He threw out a fresh dead imp beside the dead certic. Which looked taller and much muscular than average. He had taken all the dead bodies of the imps in his storage. He didn't know how big it was, but he had stored all the dead imps he got his hands on during nighttime.

 

'I hope this works…..'He thought, clutching his hand in worry.

 

…....Step!

 

…..Step!

 

...Step!

 

Step!

0