Chapter 19: System is love.
109 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Step..! Step..! Step..! Step..!

 

He could hear it. The crunching steps on the grass. The sound of each step, much clearer than before. It was near. Too near. Fearing it would find him, he subconsciously held his breath. His body still like a statue.

 

Sniff…Sniff

 

Like a snort taken from the biggest nose. The sniff was clear to hear with his sharp ears. Its pace now walking away from the body he was under. He wanted to sigh in relief, but the danger was still there, right by his side, sniffing another body of its comrade. 

 

"Aaaaaauuuu...!!!"

 

Aiden's body jerked from the sudden howl. His body reacting from the abrupt jump scare. 'Please don't notice…please don't notice….'

 

His prayers came true. The steps of the certic now pacing away. He gradually came out, his head popping out from beneath the dead body. His body now bathed with green blood, an unknown pungent smell hauling his nose.

 

Pushing his feeble body out, he finally sighed in relief. But the danger was still not averted with many of those green titan wolfs hanging around. He had seen a total of ten from afar, but the numbers were still not confirmed. Some may had been inside the newly formed forest. Some outside his point of view.

 

"I wish I had a map like those systems…."

 

[Map accessible after reaching a certain level….]

 

"...ok."

 

Taking a long breath after that stuffed up hairy smell, he ran up to the tall trees. Trying to take in the view and fortunately. He saw some of them running around, stopping there in March near his area.

 

"They must be searching for imps. I guess some informations are true…" 

 

{.....}

 

He thought the demon would retort, but she was staying quiet. Which he much likely preferred. 

 

He was planning to use the imps dead bodies, but he didn't know when and how to properly use them. His initial thought was to lure the certics, bathing himself with blood of imps, but he just realizes now how foolish that thought was.

 

Two was already taxing enough, luring the entire pack would be suicide.

 

"I will have to go with 'divide and conquer' otherwise, I would face a premature death."

 

He gazed at his status. His CP only quarter full. He could feel his 'force' recharging and his foot healing. Much, much quicker than before. It was good that it was recharging quick but he had limited time and he just got his first scratch on his body. And rendering to the contract, another twelve scratches from the certics….and his soul was gone.

 

"haaa…let's start a recon first…" he said with a sign. But he didn't complain much. This world didn't hear complaints. It hears the strong and leaves the weak.

.

.

.

"It stopped…" Scar face said, his hands on a half broken military telescope.

 

Akia came forward, stepping up onto the high terrace of their building. Her eyes glowing white, magnifying her view without any telescope.

 

"It really did…" she said in awe as the green forest stopped growing any further, but she wasn't happy. She didn't know how he was. If he was alive or battling with those certics. 

 

'I hope you are safe Aiden. If you leave me too….i will come butcher you in heaven myself…'

 

Step! Step!

 

"It's ready…" Emi said. Many long rods on her hands.

.

.

.

Aiden swept away his sweat from his forehead. After doing so much manual labor, carrying dead imps and spreading them at the corner of the newly formed forest.

 

He wanted to lure one of the certics at each corner and kill them swiftly as possible. But he knew his recharge time would slow him down. 

 

"And these wolves aren't idiots. They will find out soon that someone is doing this on purpose.."

 

With his recon, he figured, there were eleven certics as of now. Thirteen if he counted the two he killed.

 

[The title Schemer achieved.

 

Congratulations! You have acquired 5 DP points.

 

You are the first Human to be ever titled by 'Ymir'.

 

Congratulations! You have acquired 15 DP points. ]

 

Aiden's eye lit up. Gaining another 20 DP points. "Oh system…you are my one and only messiah in this messed up world."

 

He had regretted a bit, wasting most of his points on STR but no longer he would be that fool. Knowing these points would be his lifeline in future battles. He only placed ten points on his 'Force'(FP). His CP now dawning with a range of 200. 

 

He felt it. His body warming up. Something inside him changing. A separate space within him getting larger. He was glad that he could use more of his 'force', but the recharge was still the same. He knew the only way to speed up his recharge was to level up. The more his level was. The more he could absorb the so called 'Force' from the Atmosphere.

 

"And for that…I need to do more killing…..oh, one of them just came in time…"

 

He waited behind the tree trunk. His steps light as a feather. He could fool their ears with his light steps, fool their eyes, staying at a higher elevation. And fool their nose with the green blood of their own kin. So a sneak attack was the only wise thing to do.

 

'Divide and Conquer….'

.

.

.

"Divide and conquer…" said the duchess. Her eyes glued on the screen. She didn't know if she should be impressed or click her tongue, losing a worthy slave. 

 

"…but how…? He defeated my imps with his meager strength but these pesky pets of that gardener. They are different. They are strong. Much stronger than those red insects. He is just a human….how?" 

 

She knew Humans could use the force. But their meager human body couldn't adapt to its power like her kind. Demons were bread and born from Abyssal Force. Strengthening them than the humans the moment they were born.

 

Even the imps, who were at the bottom of their hierarchy, could kill off a group of humans in a blink of an eye. 

 

"Is he one of the 'incarnates' like the white haired human….if he really is one then….haha… I really hit the jackpot." she said, her gaze turning wild with excitement.

.

.

.

Pichik!

 

Aiden felt an itch in his ear. He would relieve that itch, but his hands were busy, taking out his butcher knife from the dead Certic's head.

 

"Is someone talking about me...? Well, that doesn't matter. This is the seventh one. And my level is packing up nice."

 

[Status

 

Name: Ando Aiden

 

Bloodline: ???? (Locked, reach level ten to unlock bloodline.)

 

Age: 16 years 

 

Race: Human/ ????

 

Level: 8 (Exp: 9875/80000) (CP: 120/200)

 

STR: 45

 

AGI: 30

 

DEF: 15

 

STM: 16

 

FP: 20

 

INT: 10

 

LUCK: 1

 

CHARM: 40

 

DP: 16

 

Rank: D Rank

 

Soul: A+

 

Class: (Locked)

 

Subclass: (locked)

 

Title: Schemer, The blur, Ghost, Breathtaking, handsome hunk...

 

Skills: Imp's tongue, Mad butcherer, Body strengthening, 

 

Natural ability: Super strength and agility, Healing (D), Celestial force (F)]

 

"haha….everything's going according to the plan."

 

Rooooaaarrrr….!!!!

 

With the sudden ear deafening roar, tuned his ears numb to the point where his ears started aching. His hands clutching his ears like lost valuables.

 

"I guess not…"

0