The Future Is Hazy – Ask Again Later – An Author’s Note
85 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just an update on both My Winter With You as well as Reaver’s Song. Since it’s been a minute, I wanted to keep those who were interested abreast of their statuses. As some of you may know and others may not, Reaver’s Song will conclude with its final chapter on October 1st on both Tapas and Scribblehub. I expect My Winter With You to conclude on October 12th on both sites as well if everything goes as I anticipate it to.

Reaver’s Song started out as a pointed departure from both Kunoichi, and My World and You and I think, as such, it achieved that goal. It’s been my privilege to bring Minji and Ashvallen and Carrisyn and Sayuri and the others to you over the past 17 months and I’m excited to conclude their adventures.

Reaver’s Song was never intended as anything more than a one-off novel so there will not be a second book. Obviously, as all of my novels are set in a shared universe, Minji and the others will doubtlessly show up in other works, but their time together has nearly reached its end. I feel confident and comfortable they no longer need me and can live the rest of their lives on their own without my interference.

My Winter With You is not ending on a particularly heart-warming note and that is, of course, by design. Kasumi and Emi and the others will be continuing on to their final destination in My World With You beginning next year some time.

Following the conclusion of My Winter With You, I have intentionally put nothing more in the pipeline for publication. I will work on producing the Kunoichi hardcover novel as well as publishing both Reaver’s Song and My Winter With You over the next two months or so.

Reaver’s Song is open for pre-order on my Amazon page https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B09356F2X3?ref_=pe_1724030_132998070 and the paperback and kindle edition will publish on October 27th with the hardback publishing in November. The Kunoichi hardback will also publish in November while My Winter With You will publish on Kindle and paperback in November with the hardback publishing in December. As actual dates become available, I’ll update those who may be interested here, or you can follow me on Amazon as well if you’d rather.

As for what’s next, I will take the next months and rest. It’s been a challenge writing two novels concurrently and one which, though was ultimately rewarding, I don’t think I could or should attempt again. There are instances where I felt either one or the other or, in some cases, both books suffered and that seems unfair.

Next in the pipeline for me is a novel titled Soulbound which will be a gritty, sexy, violent, and mature look into a steampunk fantasy world. I’ve begun working on it but have no idea, yet, on where or when it’ll begin publication. There will also be the third and final book in the Tottori trilogy. Beyond that I have a lot of novels in the pipeline as well as more stories than I can even count queued up. As I finish stories I will publish them here, obviously.

For now, I’m looking forward to finishing my novels and enjoying my time as a reader again. I want to thank everyone who read and enjoyed my books. I especially want to thank those who commented. Every comment I received was a sort of vindication that what I was writing was good enough that someone cared to take a moment out of their day to let their feelings on it be known. Whether good or bad, I appreciated it more than you can imagine.

Thank you again and have a wonderful and safe rest of the year and beyond!

Katsu

8