chapter 5
139 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye, still Sylvie’s...... Only the top half, though.

Warning (sorry): violent thoughts,...language

 

I never would’ve expected that the body I was in had a father, more than that, the parent is actually quite rich.

I have never been this pampered in my whole life. Even back in the modern world, I would only eat noodles, go to my part-time job, and go to the academy. In short, I was a student who was independent.

I was given nice clothes, a warm bed, and good food. If it wasn’t for a little kid living with me who is spoiled..... I hate brats. The orphanage kids were OK, but this one is on a whole new level. I could just ram his head on the wall if my temper reaches its limit.

My father's child was peeking at the side of the corridor, so we were practically half-siblings. He was born from the first wife he was officially married to.

Disturbing my thoughts, he threw a vase at me and the broken shards were right in front of me. He then started shouting, "ugly, ugly, idiot! illegitimate child!"

Although he talks like this, which is absolutely childish, we were only a year apart.

I dismissed this idiotic behavior and smiled at the brat. In my heart, I wanted to drag him over and use his feet to stomp on these jagged shards.

He started getting red out of anger, seeing as I wasn’t fazed by his provocation and started running to who knows where.

My father was out working in some office. I still don’t know where since it hasn't been a week since I was taken from the orphanage.

Although I was here for just a short time, I was able to learn things. My stepmother didn’t like me, and just after I entered the house, when my father wasn’t looking, she would glare daggers at me. My father was also very kind to me and was really heartless when facing his current wife. If I follow those stereotypes in movies, The reason would be that my father loved another woman, but they couldn’t get together, and he was forced to marry someone else.

I still don’t care. Fuck them. I’ll be keeping a smile on my face so I can continue living here. My father likes my face, so I might as well use it.

 

~A few months passed (still Sylvie’s)~

 

I came to the conclusion that rich people are practically scum. They wore luxurious clothes and spent money as if it were water to show how powerful they were. They were brainless and the only things coming out of their mouths were bragging and shit.

I have gotten accustomed to their ways, and I was from the modern world and educated, so I was easily able to grasp knowledge.

Reading Etiquette, reading the history books, mathematics, although I said rich fucks were stupid, they still need to learn this. I didn’t have a phone, so every time I was bored, I would still read a book. In my past life, I used to be quite average in academics, so this wasn’t such a big deal.

Back to where I was, when I was talking about rich people, I am currently attending a banquet in celebration of my fiancé’s sister having a baby with the duke. Currently, I was sipping tea far from people and near the buffet table. I was already done talking to a lot of nobles, and I am now resting in this place. They knew I was an illegitimate child; they talked to me thinking they could gain the favor of my father, the Marquis, but I think they liked the way I talked and how I smiled nonstop. Maybe they thought I was gullible or something.

After drinking tea, I asked for water from one of the servants. I didn’t like eating sweets; I hated sweets.

While drinking the water and dusting my heavy clothes that were prepared by the servants in my house, a certain figure came my way and talked with his small mouth. "Chryseis, I've been looking for you. We should go to the main hall, so we can give our gifts to our nephew."

Yes, my noble name bestowed upon me by my father was "Chryseis Gallus Unimanus." And the one talking was the future king of the kingdom. He was smiling warmly at me as if I was some kind of addictive game where he had gotten lots of "victory". I smiled back at him and said, "OK."

Grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the hall, his ears were red.

I am an illegitimate child, and this kid forced his parents to believe that I was the one and he wanted to marry me, no one else. Thus, all my problems were doubled. I can’t deny that my face is nice, but he must’ve thought he'd hit the jackpot after seeing my "gullible and nice personality".

Walking along a bunch of bushes of expensive flowers while holding the prince’s hand, the heroine only thought, "ah, boring."

 

Anndd yup Sylvie done, now It’s time for Greer’s MWUAHAHAH

Warning: no warning~

3 years passed; Greer is now 16 years old:

 

Aside from hunting, fishing, and harvesting wild herbs, I'd just be at the guild handling it, because I already knew how to run it.

I roamed through a nearby forest and hit a rock. By hitting the rock, it gave me a wound on my hand, and I started running for my life as the boar was still chasing me. I quickly climbed to a tree and, seeing as the boar couldn’t climb, it started ramming its head into the tree that I was in. Continuing a couple of times, it started to give up. Of course, since I was on an apple tree, it would have apples. Seeing the retreating figure, I threw a bunch of apples at it and it started turning back. I provoked it, knowing it couldn't do anything, but after ramming its hardhead again on the tree, its hard tusks made bruises on it and was finally able to knock the tree down. Already on the ground, I could only yell "KYAAAAAAA," remembering the knife I brought with me. When the pig came back to its senses, maybe because it made its head dizzy, he looked straight towards me and, as if "target locked," it started running at me in full speed.

Jumping from the ground and not seeing its target, it somehow got confused. Switching the knife with my uninjured hand, I laughed and said, "AHHAHAHAA above you!" Before it could turn, I slashed it with the knife with one hit. Yup, that was for today’s dinner. I had already collected a bunch of herbs and the like, so this was for tonight.

In addition to smelling the cooked boar, Greer was in the middle of the forest facing a bonfire while waiting for the meat to be cooked. In the meantime, she used her skill "treatment cleaning" on the bruise and it slowly started to fade. After an hour, the bruise was finally gone and the meat was also cooked.

Greer had now been in the forest for three days collecting herbs for spices. The reason was that she just wanted to make some meat with the spices she gathered and see if she could cook well without the help of kitchenware’s.

Greer was stuffed full by the boar, and sighed with contentment because the food she cooked was still delicious, and climbed to a tree to sleep.

When morning came, Greer finally started journeying back to the guild while holding a newly hunted big deer on her back.

Besides spending too much time in the forest, whenever she had free time, she would also clean inside the guild whenever she saw dirt, and this, for some reason, unlocked some unique skills that only she could see.

"I wonder what color they changed into this time." Opening the skills only she could see, Greer looked at the set of skills that were already highlighted in red and pink. If it were to be read one by one, it would contain

 

ɱąŋąɠɛɱɛŋɬ ʂƙıƖƖʂ (Management skills)

 

ąɬɬɛŋɬıơŋ ɬơ ɖɛɬąıƖ (Attention to detail)

 

ʂ℘ɛƈıɛʂ ƈơŋɬཞơƖ (Species control)

 

ƈųʂɬơɱɛཞ ʂɛཞ۷ıƈɛ (Customer service)

 

ɧơųʂɛƙɛɛ℘ıŋɠ ɖཞı۷ɛ ʂƙıƖƖʂ (Housekeeping drive skills)

↳ ѕωєєριη, (sweeping)

   ∂єєρ ¢ℓєαηιηg (deep cleaning)

   Мσρριηg (mopping)

   тяєαтмєηт ¢ℓєαηιηg (treatment cleaning)

   να¢υυм (vacuum)

   ∂υѕтιηg (dusting)

   ιηƒє¢тιση ¢σηтяσℓ (infection control)

   ρσℓιѕιнιηg (polishing)

 

It's also in the language of this world, and next to the skills was a meter that contains green liquid.

Before she discovered this, most of the skills texts were highlighted in gray or green and she wondered what it meant. At that time, she could only think, "It seems I am the only one who can see it."

Flashback to 3 years ago

I tried asking one of the guild receptionists about this "skill thing" and they said they didn’t know about this "skill thing" and that maybe I was talking about the skills of those magicians who release their powers like "arrow frost" and "icicle" and stuff like that. And that, there wasn’t anything floating in front of me that looked like a set of text with certain skills on it. They must’ve brushed it off and thought I was just pulling a prank.

Flashback end:

After returning with the huge deer only seen in this world, she placed it on the guild reception desk and winked at the female receptionist, "dinner for tonight."

Walking towards the stairs, the receptionist could only complain, "Greer! "How many times do I have to tell you not to leave these wild animals on the reception desk?"

The adventurers who were eating and drinking in the middle of the day started laughing, "Leave her be, she can do whatever she wants. Anyway, do you got any grade D missions for me sweetie?"

Finally, in her room, Greer's thoughts went like this: I'm not just focusing on these game-like things, so when I was hunting the boar yesterday, I didn't use my skills at all, because I only needed a knife to kill it.

Anyway about the business, I was already good at handling the guild myself, and my parents would teach me about the merchant business. Staying inside the guild made my alcohol tolerance increase, since every night the adventurers would invite me for a drink.

After sleeping for about an hour in her room, Greer went to her dad's office and started handling the papers that had been left for three days and started checking them.

Looking through the papers, Greer glanced to the side and pushed her glasses up.

Being in this world, made me connect the dots of my past life and the story I was in. I looked at the big leather map on the side, and that made my knowledge of the continents better. There were still unexplored places that people got lost in, so the continents on the map weren’t the whole world yet, so people could still voyage and be able to claim that they discovered a new continent and stuff like that.

There were places where elves lived, gnomes, beastkin, etc.

I wanted to be near and looked at the map several times, so that's why the several times I read it, I was able to identify an academy far away from this place and thought, "ain't this cademy stuff where those dramas happen?" Thinking of seeing the drama in real time, I bet my coworkers would be so jealous.

Although it’s far, it’s a very well-known academy that doesn't discriminate against races.

The heroine must’ve had good stamina to be able to last the whole night. I will be praying for you, Sylvie.

Nighttime came fast, and my parents finally arrived. I knew this because there were loud noises in the guild hall.

Seeing my parents below carrying the heads of some kind of beast, they must’ve finished a strong one.

Greer's parents started going out more because Greer started taking over some of the guild work and the merchant business was doing well on its own. There was also the receptionist who acted as a secretary and assistant sometimes, so most of the paperwork wasn't that much.

Greeting her parents, Greer had a wide grin on her face, "welcome back, mama and papa."

That night, the guild was very noisy again, and Greer arrived at her room a little tipsy, but she was still able to finish a lot of booze.

Waking up In the morning, Greer didn’t have a hangover and went straight to her parents' room and knocked. Telling her to come inside, both of her parents were already dressed.

"Greer, do you need something?" The old lady spoke first.

Greer requested their permission.

"I wish to enter this academy and was hoping to see if I could go there."

It was silent for a while, and the parents smiled and said, "sure, you must be gone for a long time, right?" Don’t worry, we’ll be waiting here."

Seeing that her permission was granted, she hugged the both of them and said, "I’ll start packing and be leaving today!"

Seeing the running child, they could only smile helplessly.

 

Eyyyyy. I somehow got inspiration again while I was thinking about whether to make my assignments or not. Yep, the latter won and I decided to make this AHAHAHAHA

7