03 – Obtaining a Weapon
800 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are two Skeletons right in front of me, but I still have only one Blood Needle left. So, how should I go about it? The safest method would be to refill my Blood Power before attacking them, but so far I only met normal Skeletons. By the way, Analyze says that the new Skeletons are called Skeleton Knights.

Skeleton Knight (Level 2)

Skeleton Knights are low-ranked undead monsters, but they are stronger than normal skeletons. They stop moving when the Core in their chest is destroyed.

For now, I decide to go back to the previous floor. It is too risky to fight these Skeleton Knights as is, even if I might have to fight them like this. But for now I decide to try my luck and look for a source of Blood. And while searching, I plan for the case I have to fight the Skeleton Knights with only one Blood Needle left.

But as expected, even after searching for a while, I couldn’t find anything, so I go back to the stairs. The Skeleton Knights don’t move from their place and they are standing close to each other. That fight will be a gamble and to be honest, I don’t want to take it. But I think I have no choice to kill one of the Skeleton Knights with a Blood Needle and then jump in and get the sword to defeat the second one.

So that is exactly what I do. I run towards them and fire a Blood Needle. So far, so good. I get a hit on the first Skeleton Knight and it crumbles down. Now I just need to get the sword before the second Skeleton Knight reaches me, but that is exactly the point where everything turns bad.

The Skeleton Knight is faster than a normal skeleton and that is the point where I miscalculated. At the moment, I realize the sword is about to hit me and I panic and trip over my own feet. While falling down, let me escape the sword, it also put me in a bad spot. I roll on my back and see that the Skeleton Knight is already going for the next hit and that is when…

“Blood Needle.”

The second Skeleton Knight crumbles on the floor and I let out a sigh of relief. But that lasts only for a moment. Then I realize that my vision is slowly turning red and I know I am entering Blood Rage. At least let me take one sword, but there is no helping it. My body doesn’t listen to me anymore.

I can feel how my senses are expanding. It took a minute, but now I feel a trace of a living being. I don’t know how I know this, but it feels like a small animal. My body stands up immediately and starts running.

It feels extremely weird and it is scary as hell. I am still completely conscious, but I have no control over my body, no matter how much I try. After the second corner, there is another Skeleton Knight, but my body just runs towards it, while the Skeleton Knight ready its sword. And then I just pass it, while the Skeleton Knight slashes at me.

It fucking hurts! The Skeleton Knight didn’t hit me badly. It actually just grazed my left arm, but the cut is still about 4 cm long. Still, my body just ignores everything and runs towards the animal.

I try opening my status to check my HP. Luckily, it works. But my current HP is at 9/10.

I can feel that the Skeleton Knight is following me. Since I am faster, I don’t have to worry about that Skeleton Knight now, but I will have to defeat it later if it doesn’t lose me.

While thinking about what to do, two new Skeleton Knight appear in front of me. I run through them and they cut me on my right arm and left side of my stomach. My HP decreased by another 2. I really hope I survive this Blood Rage.

When I am about to pass the fourth Skeleton Knight, something weird happens. This time it stands right in front of me and my body makes no move to dodge. And the Skeleton Knight ready its sword to slash from above. But since I am faster, I more or less dive below the sword before it hits me and my body clashes with the Skeleton Knight and I hear its bones cracking and it crumbles on the ground.

*Ding - You are now Level 2*

Are you fucking kidding me? I had the strength to beat them just like this? Why did I even use all my Blood Needles? But sadly that level up doesn’t solve my current problem. I am still in Blood Rage and I don’t know how long I am going to run. But now there are the stairs to the third floor and I know the animal is up there.

A minute later, I finally see it. There is a small bat hanging from the roof and I catch it with a simple jump and immediately bury my teeth in its tiny body. Ugh, it’s gross. Well, to be honest, the blood itself is not as bad as expected, but the body itself is dirty and it smells. I hope as a vampire I do not have to worry about diseases.

Finally, my vision turns normal and I can feel how I get the control over my body back. Not only that, my wounds are healing too. Huh, was there an effect like that? Well, I can think about it later. For now, I have to check my status and then I have to defeat the three Skeleton Knights. I can smell that they are still following me.

[Status]

Name: Benji

Age: 17

Race: Vampire

Level: 2

HP: 11/11

MP: 29/29

BP: 6/6

Race-Abilities:

- Identify (0 BP)

- Blood Needle (1 BP)
- Blood Regeneration (passive)

Blood Regeneration (Passive)

Fully heals the vampire when he drinks Blood.

Oh, I got a new Skill? I see, so that’s why my wounds got healed. Because of that, I am at full health and my Blood Power is also at maximum. So it seems I got out of this mess just fine. But when I think about what could have happened? Just the thought of it sends a chill down my spine.

But I could also say that it was lucky to experience it in this dungeon. If it would happen outside, there is a possibility of me attacking other humans. I really don’t want that to happen. I have to be really careful. I can never let a Blood Rage happen again.

I feel like I am about to puke, not sure, though, if it is because of the thought of drinking human blood or because of the taste of the bat.

12