10 – Exiting the Forest (Region Map included)
618 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ten wolves. That fight will be a bit tricky. I don’t think I can fight them without my Blood Needle this time, but I also don’t want to overuse it. Let’s see how it works out. “Bring it on!”

Three of the wolves jump at me. I kill the first one instantly with a Blood Needle, while avoiding the attack of the second wolf, and I send the third one flying with a kick. This time, I got a better hit and the wolf dies after my kick.

While dealing with the first three attacks, I also realize that the other wolves are surrounding me. I fire two Blood Needles at the wolves that stayed on their spot and also strike the second wolf from the three that attacked me first. With that, half of the wolves are down.

After that point, the fight became really easy. The wolves became angry over their fallen comrades and started to blindly attacking me, with no hint of strategy. So I took them down on after another.

Now 13 dead wolves lie in front of me. What do I do about them. I don’t want to waste my time dismantling all of them. There is also no reason to take all the meat, since it would spoil anyway. If I were back at the tower, I could preserve it with my provisional smoker, but that’s not possible here.

After thinking a bit about it, I decide to take the meat of one wolf and all of their monster cores. Of course I didn’t forget to refill my BP either. Then I just left the rest there and proceeded my journey. The other monsters of the forest would surely take care of the dead wolves.

A few hours later, I got out of the forest and have a beautiful sight in front of me. There is a deep blue ocean in front of my eyes. I would love to jump in, but sadly, I am on top of a cliff. So that would be a bad idea. Even so, I can’t help but admire the view.

After a few minutes, I set up my camp, since I could see the sun setting. I prepare the wolf meat for my dinner and go to sleep.

The next morning, I wake up with the sun rising behind the mountains. Since I could see that in the east is nothing but mountains. A little closer is also a beach, but I leave it be, because I would have to cross the river I followed to get there. That’s why I go west along the sea.

Around mid day I actually arrive at another beach and this time I really jump in. It is really refreshing and I actually never saw such a beautiful beach. The water is so clear that I can actually see the ground. I also try to catch a fish with my hands, but that doesn’t go well, so I have to give up on seafood for now.

I stay at the beach for the rest of the day and proceed with my journey the next day. I actually fought a few goblins along the way. And three days later…

Is that a city? Finally. I was already really glad when I left the forest behind a few hours ago, but even more so now that I finally can enter a city. With that thought, I approach the city and see two armored guards in front of the gate. Well, one of them seems to almost doze off. I don’t think that people visit this gate very often, but it’s already too late to think about entering through another gate. The second guard already noticed me and told the first one.

I check both of them with Analyze, but there is nothing special about their information. Both of them have the Swordsmanship Skill. The first guard is level 18, while the second one is level 12.

“Did you just come from the Cursed Forest?” The first guard asked me when I arrived at the gate.

“The Cursed Forest?” I couldn’t help but be confused. The guard explains to me that in this direction is only a big forest and somewhere inside is an old ancient ruin and because the people who tried to investigate the ruin or the forest, all disappeared without a trace. That’s why the forest is said to be cursed. He seems to be curious why I didn’t know about that. But there is no way I can tell him I came out of said ruin, so I just told him I came from that forest.

“I see. By the way, I need to see your Identification Card and I have to ask for your reason for coming to this city.” When he asked me about my Identification Card, I felt cold sweat dripping down my back. I have nothing like that.

I also realize that I forgot to think about a plausible backstory. I think for now I can dodge the topic, but I should think of a plausible story, in case I need to tell people. I can’t just tell I came from a different world. So my past in this world basically doesn’t exist… Actually, that could work! I just have to pretend I forgot about my past.

“Sorry, I don’t have any Identification Card. And as for my purpose for coming to this city… well, for now I hope to find a place where I can stay.”

“You lost them? Then you should have it reissued in your hometown as soon as possible.”

My hometown? Really now? I don’t have a hometown in this world.

When I asked if it is possible to have it reissued in this city, he just told me that the Identification Card can only be issued in one’s hometown, since that is the place where they store the birth records. But he also says, he doesn’t know all the specific regulations and that I should ask at the city office. Then I have to touch a crystal to check my criminal records. The crystal is a magic item that checks for the magic energy of registered criminals. If someone has a record, it shines red, otherwise it shines blue. Obviously it shines blue, since there was no way my magic energy would be registered.

Then I had to pay the tax of 2 Bronze Coins to enter the city, since I don’t have a registration with the Adventurer or Merchant Guild. If I have a registration, I wouldn’t have to pay the tax, since they pay their tax through their respective guild. Luckily, I got a few Big and Normal Bronze Coins back in the tower ruin. By the way, for the currency there are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Coins and for each of them there are normal and big coins. 10 coins equal the 1 coin of the next higher one. I figured out the details through the books in the ruin and my Analyze ability.

With that, he finally allows me to enter the city of Gilicia. I ask the guard if he could tell me about a place where I can stay for the night. He refers me to an inn, but since he is still suspicious of me, he warned me to not cause any trouble.

Hey,

That was chapter 10. We finally reached the first city.

I am happy that you like the story so far.

Because of that, I am throwing in a bonus and show you a map of the region. I created a world map when I was starting with the first chapters, but the full map is still far from being completed.

current region

 

12