39 – Conclusion
368 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good morning… um… can you come to our room? We’d like to talk to you,” Rika asks, fidgeting.

“Good morning. Uh, sure.” I answer her and follow her. “Well, I already figured that I scared you away with my ability.”

“No, that’s not it!” As we arrive at their room, Rika turns to me with a wry smile and opens the door. “Well, it’s true that we were scared, but that’s not what we want to tell you.”

“Good morning, master.”

“Good morning, Thalia. Um… If this is not about how I scared you away, then what is it? Because after yesterday, I kind of expected it to happen, and I can’t even blame you. I am scared of this ability myself. That’s the reason I didn’t use this ability earlier against him. Although I kept telling myself it wasn’t right to use this ability, in the end, it was just me being scared and lying to myself. But me being scared led to you being kidnapped. So you could say that everything was my fault.”

It is the first time I opened up to someone like this, ever since my parents died. I just look down at my feet and keep struggling to not start crying. That’s why I didn’t see both of them coming over, and I tense up from the surprise that they both suddenly hug me. Then Rika speaks up first.

“In that case, you could also say it’s my fault, because I got distracted for a moment and they immediately used that moment to grab her and use her as a hostage against me. That’s how they got us in the first place.”

“No, I think it’s my fault for getting grabbed and used as a hostage. That’s how it all started.”

We all look at each other and suddenly start laughing.

“Thank you. I feel better now.”

“Well, we also wanted to thank you for saving us, but also apologize for being so scared of you yesterday. You were right. We can’t remember any moment where we blacked out or did something we normally wouldn’t do?”

“Yes, you saved us, after all. So we felt terrible for being scared by you. We can’t even imagine what it is like to have an ability like this.”

“Yeah, it is really scary. But after all this, I realized I should stop holding back. Well, I am not going around, and start spamming this ability for my own advantage, but I shouldn’t hold back if our safety is on the line. Although I thought of telling you at some point, I didn’t intend to scare you like this, so I also want to apologize.”

At this point, I realize they are still hugging me. “Um, how about we order breakfast and sit down to talk?” Rika and Thalia both look at each other and chuckle.

Then, over breakfast, they tell me what happened yesterday. It seems like these guys realized that I was not with them, so they started a small tumult as a diversion and used that chance to grab Thalia. Since she is not as strong as Rika or me, she couldn’t get out of their grip and Rika had no chance but to follow their instructions.

I also told them a bit more about my abilities, about how I am able to use this Charm ability and about my increased senses and physical capabilities, and how I used this to gather information. With that, they also finally understood how I find all the monsters ahead of time.

But despite telling them this much, I still didn’t tell them about me being a vampire, or that I need blood to recharge my abilities. But I need to recharge my Blood Power soon. Since I used my Charm twice last night, I just have 12/22 BP.

We also took a few days off and explore the city together and have some fun.

It felt a bit weird not hearing any rumors about that viscount getting imprisoned or whatever happened to him. But Rika told me that the common folk seldom hear anything about noble affairs.

So, after a few days of break, we finally headed to the guild again. When we enter, Nora immediately rushes toward us.

“Oh, you two are alright. I was worried when I heard you didn’t come back to your inn that evening and heard nothing from you.”

Right, I told her the two were missing. I forgot. When I try to look away, I see Rika and Thalia grinning. Hey, that’s not funny.

“Hahaha, sorry. I found them shortly after. They were just running late. I forgot to tell you.” I answer her, laughing wryly. We already agreed to not tell anyone what happened, so we don’t have to explain my abilities.

“That’s so mean!” She pouts.

I apologize again. I didn’t mean to worry her, and after a while she cheers up again with the help of Rika and Thalia.

“Ah, by the way, the guild master asked me to bring you guys to her, when you come to the guild. Is it alright now?”

“Sure.”

We don’t have a reason to refuse. Also, since this is probably about that viscount, it’s a good chance to get some intel.

Nora leaves to check with the guild master and leads us to her office shortly after.

“Thank you for coming. You two must be his party members. I am the guild master of the capital’s adventurer guild, Liliana. Nice to meet you.”

Rika and Thalia also introduce themselves to the guild master.

“I have some news about your problem regarding the former viscount Hayes.”

“Former?”

“Yes. Apparently, he confessed his crimes, including to tell them where they can find evidence for it, only to throw a tantrum right after. It’s kind of a weird situation. He kept shouting ‘This is all his fault’. But no matter what he tried, the guards didn’t let him go until they called someone with enough authority to check the evidence, which turned out to be true. He is likely to receive a heavy punishment. They even got enough evidence for crimes of other nobles.”

“Wow, that’s really weird. But I am glad that we don’t have to worry about him anymore.” So it all worked out. That’s good to hear.

“I just wonder who ‘he’ is and what he did to make the former viscount to confess his crimes.” She is eyeing me suspiciously. Is she suspecting me?

“I’d like to thank this guy.” Well, I just have to play dumb. There is no way I can tell her that was me without telling about my ability. Also, I am not sure the viscount even knows my name. So, should be safe there.

“I’d like to thank him, too. He really helped me with making him confess. We even rooted out a spy who worked as a receptionist at the guild.”

Is it really okay for her to tell me that? Well, not that it matters, but it’s nice to hear that they even got that spy.

After concluding our talk, we picked out another request for gathering some medicinal herbs and orc meat in the northern forest. We even hunted enough for me to reach level 19.

6