Adjusting
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Sorry for the long delay, my dear readers. You can read 5 chapters ahead of Public Release now on Patron page.

Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

A special thanks to my Beta, Theseus-Theo for his help.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'Telepathy'

"Dragons/Demon/Spirits" Dragons or Demons Speaking.

'Dragon/Demon/Spirits thought' Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic"

Enjoy.

Not Yet

Chapter 30

Adjusting

"Yo," yelled Naruto, walking into his house. Sirius was talking to his clone while Loke was to the side, deep in thought.

Even the loud interruption of Naruto didn't disturb the Lion spirit out of his stupor and Naruto let him be as he had more important topics to discuss.

"Sirius," called Naruto, gaining the attention of his son.

"We need to talk," he said in a serious tone and Sirius understood what it is going to be and followed Naruto into their bedroom leaving Loke to think.

"Sit, Siri,"

"I know what is this about and I'm sorry," said Sirius before Naruto could say anything. Naruto gave him an unimpressed look.

"Do you think sorry is going to cut it?" He asked rhetorically and Sirius didn't reply.

"I know you want to make me proud like how I did to Father, but this is not the time for that, Siri. I have been trained by him for it and he trained me to the ground.

You could have died if I let that idiot do whatever he wanted to do with you. Though I must apologise for a fight between him and me." Said Naruto, unable to meet Sirius's eyes.

He blamed himself for what happened to Sirius and Loke as they were unnecessarily involved just because Theon wanted some petty revenge on him.

"No, Papa. I foolishly didn't call you even though you told me to. I made a mistake as well. I didn't expect a normal A-class job to be a trap.

We are suddenly attacked and I thought it was a normal ambush and continued. If I had known it was planned by that… that, Demon, I would have called you immediately," confessed Sirius.

Naruto couldn't hold himself and hugged Sirius as it was a traumatic experience for Sirius to deal with and would be a scary remainder in his life.

"Now, now, Sirius. I won't let anything happen to you, will I? I will slay Gods to keep you safe. So don't worry. I'll always be there for you," assured Naruto, hugging Sirius. After that, they started to talk about the job and where they can improve.

With Loke

The last job experience was life-changing for him to say the least. After Naruto Clone explained what happened after he went blank, he couldn't hold it.

It was plain disgusting to be controlled and controlled by a vile creature like a Demon and do its bidding didn't sit well with the Celestial Spirit.

He has been contemplating his plan of action. 'I can't stay weak and goofy like this. I need to be strong. Strong for Naruto to protect Sirius. Naruto left Sirius in my care. It was my responsibility to protect him. I was... useless. Plain useless.

Couldn't do a thing. I'm not going to be like this. Naruto saved me twice. I must repay him. Repay him by becoming strong and should be able to protect Sirius in his absence.

I swear, I'll become strong. Not for myself, for the guy who gave me a second life. Who saved me twice and for any of my future friends,' vowed Leo as he stared at his constellation in the sky.

With Mira

After she walked in with Lisanna following with a happy smile, she couldn't help but smile widely at her little sister. She started to share titbits of the job.

"So when I saw all these Demons, I killed all of them with one large blast," said Mira, making a blasting motion with her hand.

"What did big bro Naruto do?" Asked Lisanna curiously.

"He was busy collecting all the Lacrima while I got the action part," boasted Mira when Elfman came.

"Big sis," called Elfman upon seeing Mira talking to Lisanna. He came and hugged her, crying in joy.

"Mira, I managed to change my second arm," said Elfman in joy with happiness filling his voice and body.

"Really?" Asked Mira in surprise and hugged Elfman tightly with joy. She didn't think Elfman would make such progress in such a short time.

"Yes, big sis. Big bro Elfman is working hard for it and managed to transform his second arm a few days back," said Lisanna with a happy cheer.

"Then we should celebrate. Party," called Mira and Lisanna jumped in joy.

"I will be able to fully transform one day, big sis," said Elfman with a confident smile. Mira's heart warmed seeming a confident Elfman and she nodded in acknowledgement.

"You will, Elfman," she said, ruffling both Lisanna's and Elfman's hair as they laughed in joy.

'Damn blonde. So he is right,' thought Mira, remembering the advice a certain blonde gave to them before leaving on their job.

The night was well spent in the Strauss house as the siblings ate their favourite dishes and celebrated Mira's successful SS-class job and Elfman's successful arm transformation.

Next Day, Fairy Tail Guildhall

It was a regular day in the Fairy Tail Guildhall as everyone was up to their morning routine, Natsu challenging Gray, Happy talking about fish.

Cana drinking and having a competition with Makarov, whose cheeks were lightly flushed. Macao and Wakaba betting on something.

A missing Erza and team Shadow Gear as they were on jobs somewhere. But everyone didn't expect the loud shout that came next.

"YO!" came a loud greeting as the Guildhall entrance was kicked open with a familiar blonde coming in.

Naruto came alone as Loke and Sirius still need a week more rest to fully recover as they didn't want to show up limping and bandaged.

Everyone's attention shifted to the blonde S-class mage as he walked in with confidence and a cheerful smile, greeting everyone he came across.

"Newbie. Fight me!' Yelled Natsu as he charged towards Naruto with a flaming fist.

"He just came back from a job you idiot," said Gray but Natsu was on Naruto by the time. Naruto just sidestepped and threw Natsu… somewhere.

"Ah, Naruto. It's been a while," said Makarov with flushed cheeks and a hick-up. Naruto nodded. He noticed the absence of Mira and Makarov rose an eyebrow.

Just after a minute with another loud bang, Mira entered with her siblings and the first thing she saw was a flying Natsu, who was about to fall on Lisanna and pulled her aside.

The Fire Dragon Slayer hit the wood floor of the Guild building and made a small dent in it with a loud snap which made some members wince.

"Oopsy, Natsu. Didn't you see," said Mira as a dazed Natsu woke up with a dancing blonde around his head, disorientated.

"Stupid new-bue," he said in a dazed tone and fell unconscious.

"That's why I told you to wait, idiot," said Gray in pity.

"So gramps, see?" Asked Naruto with a smile, wiggling his eyebrows. Makarov went into deep thought observing Mira.

'Hmm, she is strong and seems to have got some kind of boost. Well, I can't deny his spar now,' thought the Old Master, his drunk state vanishing.

He nodded to Naruto silently asking him to follow him to his office and Naruto followed him after greeting his white-haired partner for the SS-class job.

Makarov's Office

"She looks fine and got a boost of some kind," said Makarov as they sat in his office at which Naruto nodded.

"Yes. There is an incident that made it possible." He said cryptically and Makarov asked for an explanation and Naruto started explaining.

"So are you telling me is after she released all the souls, they wanted to be a part of her as she use Soul Take Over?" Asked Makarov for clarification and Naruto nodded.

"More or less. I sealed it with a Rune and it will unlock whenever she was ready for the next injection. I don't think there will be any side effects to what happened in Joya.

But yeah. It's all well and good, now. She is stable and doing well." Naruto said with a goofy smile. Makarov nodded taking everything and he got a perverse smile.

"What did you do when you are alone with her?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Naruto sighed. 'They both are almost same,' he thought remembering the perverted old sannin who taught him before he arrived here.

"Maybe something, maybe not. Who knows," said Naruto with a straight face. Makarov's smile dropped for a second until he remembered something and changed to a serious one.

"I'm sorry, Naruto. I can't track Sirius and lost his whereabouts a week ago. I sincerely apolo-"

"Sirius and Loke are well, Gramps." Said Naruto mimicking the seriousness. Makarov got wide-eyed. There is no way for both of them to meet as they have different jobs in different locations.

Both locations literally are countries apart and if Naruto knew about Sirius and Loke's whereabouts, then something must have happened. His mind processed this under a second.

He gave Naruto a go ahead and Naruto continued about what happened and how the job was a trap. He knew the truth would hurt the old man, but he needed to relieve this with someone.

Though he blamed himself for what happened, he came to terms with it after his and Sirius's talk and is more relieved to explain what happened to the old man.

"Oh my God. I didn't expect it to be this complicated, Naruto. I'm sorry again for being senseless and sending Sirius and Loke on those jobs.

Wait, does this mean the low magic concentration is in the area you fought, right?" Asked Makarov, realising an important detail.

"Don't know, gramps. I did see a weird thing in the sky, which I used to get rid of that annoying Demon, I don't know anything other than that," said Naruto.

The mood of the room changed from happy to sour. Naruto didn't like it and so asked the question that was bugging him.

"When will you spar with me?" Asked a curious Naruto. That brought a smile to the old Master's face.

"Spar, you say. Hmm, I attended the Guild Masters meeting last week and it won't take place for another 2 weeks. If we count that, say, after 10 days?"

"10 days, huh. That fits my schedule. I don't plan on taking any job for at least 2 weeks and even then, I'll take normal jobs. I promised Sirius an S-class job after I come back, so that's fine," Naruto said, extending his hand and Makarov nodded after a bit of contemplation.

They discussed the terms of spar and Naruto assured him of a suitable location where they can go all out and without damage anything.

10 days later

As Naruto decided, he took care of Sirius and Loke as they recovered to their full health and joined him on his way towards the guild today.

Naruto spent the last 10 days getting to know his Guildmates better and they all seemed grateful for his company as he is always on jobs and doesn't spend much time in the guild.

Mira was happy with him for some reason, she didn't even talk about the forced teleportation he did after their collection. He decided to not look a gift horse in the mouth and acted like nothing happened.

As the day of spar came, Makarov secretly made his way to the forests around Magnolia as Naruto asked him to wait for him there. He is deep in thought about the upcoming spar.

'It's been quite a while since I last fought. It is going to be interesting to see where I stand,' thought Makarov and he sensed a presence behind him, he reacted like lightning.

"Nice try, Naruto. But I'm a good sensor for that to work on me," said Makarov as he turned to see a smiling blonde.

"You bet, Gramps. Shall we go?" He asked, extending his hand and Makarov expected it to be some kind of teleportation and gave him his hand.

"Kamui," whispered Naruto and they vanished in a black vortex, they were sucked into an empty landscape which is very large and stretched as far as eyes can see. It was full of trees and mountains with rivers flowing and a bright sun that looked like a perfect picture of a well-grown forest.

"Are you sure our spar won't affect this?" Makarov asked gesturing to the forest.

"Nope. This is a pocket dimension of sorts and whatever happens here doesn't affect the outside world." Assured Naruto as he took his relaxed stance.

"Then let's get started," said Makarov as he changed. Instead of a diminutive old man, he changed into a baby giant, standing at a good 10 feet tall with a long arm charging towards him.

"Ah, so this is your famous 'Giant' magic, huh?" Said Naruto giving the old master an appreciative look. The magic he used is very similar to Choji's partial expansion and Naruto dodged Makarov's attack with ease.

Any Giant's strength is useful only if they come into contact with the target and Naruto used his flexible and fast movement to dodge all Makarov's attacks.

All the old man's attacks were destroying the trees and rocks around him as he was trying his best to catch Naruto with the pressure they were creating.

"Light Style: Light Arrow," said Naruto as arrows of light started bombarding Makarov. In response, the old man increased his form even more, now standing 30 feet tall.

"Your arrows don't hurt me now, Naruto," he said as all the arrows did was tingle him a bit because of his strong skin.

"Unison Raid: Great Wind Annihilation," said Naruto, charging fire and wind at the same time, mixing the wind style breakthrough with great fire annihilation.

The result was a very large fire twister that sped at high speeds at high temperatures toward the surprised giant.

'A solo unison raid? Is that even possible?' Thought Makarov as he knew how complicated unison raids are. But the incoming twister didn't give him much time to think and he responded.

Though he knew the combined attack can't damage him, he decided to entertain the blonde and used one of the defences he had.

"Defense Seal," he called, making a small magical seal with his hand gestures, which started floating around him and formed a small magical dome, taking the combined attack. Though it was a strong attack, it couldn't penetrate the magical shield he made and evaporated after a few seconds.

"That's a great shield, gramps. I didn't know you knew Rune magic," said Naruto as he sat on Makarov's shoulders looking at the shield with an appreciative eye.

"Yes, it is. It is a precursor to one of the most powerful defence magic I have," explained Makarov with a smile. He sensed Naruto's arrival just before he landed.

"Well, I'm excited to learn more," said Naruto as he vanished and appeared far from Makarov, a big golden bow forming in his hand.

"My arrows didn't hurt you, let's see if my Giant Arrows hurt you," said Naruto as he released Giant Arrows towards Makarov at high speeds.

In seconds, hundreds of arrows started hitting the grown giant and instead of tingling, they started to sting and the pain increased from there.

In response, he decided to grow more and reached a colossal height of 100 feet directly from 30 feet as he understood Naruto's attack severity.

"Light Body," said Naruto and his body was engulfed in orange light. He was glowing brightly and the pressure in the area started to increase.

Even at this height, Makarov felt the tingling sensation of magic. He saw the light dim in the area as if it was being sucked by the blonde in the middle.

It reminded him of Laxus's lightning body, but the sensation is even more powerful and he can feel the strength of it from his height.

A figure rose from the middle of the light. It is Naruto, but with a small orange layer to his skin and he started to rise high into the air and soon reached his height.

"Things look small from here, huh," he asked the old man to which he nodded. Makarov tried to hit him and an increase in height not only increased his strength but also his speed.

From Naruto's understanding, Makarov's speed increased at least 5 times and he might be holding back even. But due to the increased speed, his Light Armour gave him, he did get it.

"Fire Blaze," called Makarov, throwing large fireballs at Naruto. The fireballs are scorching hot and reached Naruto in seconds.

"Fire Style: Fire Storm Jutsu," called Naruto, countering Makarov's fire with his own. The 2 fire attacks collided and fought for superiority. In the end, Makarov's Giant strength nullified Naruto's potent Chakra-magic and they soon dispersed.

"A strong fire user, are you?" Asked Makarov. l curiously. This spar taught him so many new things about Naruto. His potent Light Magic, speed and now Fire and the solo Unison Raid he did at the beginning. Things he didn't know from his talks with the blonde.

Now he wanted to do these more often and with his other children as well. It feels good and also keeps him in a battle-ready shape. Anything can happen at moment. Though they are in peaceful times.

'Hmm, that's a good idea.' Thought Makarov, but Naruto isn't idle all this time and a screeching blue ball was upon him when he came back to his senses.

"Wind Style: Rasenshuriken," said Naruto and threw the wind ball at the towering giant. He want to test the durability of the old man's body.

What is the best way other than throwing one of his elemental Rasenshuriken at him? And so he threw it. 'It seems the old man has spaced out.' He observed.

He is patiently waiting for his reaction when he see the Rasenshuriken on his face and what he got didn't disappoint him.

As soon as Makarov saw a screeching ball approach, he went into panic mode. He doesn't know whether his body can withstand it without damage, but something went into his nose and he sneezed.

"Achoo,"

The sound and the wind released from the sneeze was strong enough to divert the Rasenshuriken as it hit one of the trees to the far right.

After recovering from the sneeze, Makarov saw a large crater to his right which was not present a few seconds ago and understood the destructive power of the attack.

'My sneeze saved me!' He thought in joy as that attack could have made a large gash on his chest or hand whichever he used to defend with.

"Damn. I don't know a sneeze can have the power to deflect from Rasenshuriken," heard Makarov from the blonde as he inspected the angel of his attack.

"Light Bullets," said Makarov, sending large golden yellow light bullets towards Naruto.

"Scatter," said Naruto and to the surprise of the old master, his bullets started to deviate from their intended path which was striking the blonde.

"You think you can use light against me?" He asked with a confident smirk.

"Well, I thought it can. Let's see how you deflect this," said Makarov, charging a large light blast and sending it towards Naruto. Naruto indulged.

"Light Slash," said Naruto and sent a wide arc of his magic towards the approaching blast, the blast stopped for a second and moved forward, dispersing the slash into light particles.

Naruto saw Makarov smile at this. Naruto smiled as well."Light Style: Laser Circus," he said, making the same blasting motion. It created several beams of light and all of them were shot in the direction of the incoming light blast by Makarov.

The Laser-like light started to bombard the blast from all sides instead of in the middle. Naruto knew any blast will be most powerful at its centre as it is where the energy is concentrated.

So instead of hitting head-on, his lasers started to bombard from sides and created miniature blasts, which disrupted the power of the blast.

Naruto ate the last drops of energy that was left and that reached him without any intensity or power it previously held. Makarov watched it agape.

He is already at his limit. It seems staying in the giant form for a long time needs some getting used to. He needs to end the spar soon.

"Giant Wrath," called Makarov, exuding a constant surge of his magic in the form of destructive light. That started to surround him and destroy the environment and everything within the vicinity.

Naruto saw flashes of light strike the surrounding trees and rocks at random as they were in the immediate vicinity to the old man though none hit him or affected him. Observing this, Makarov changed tactics.

"Rain of Light," Makarov called, creating his Magic Seal in front of himself, from which multiple light blasts are generated and sent flying at Naruto like rain.

Naruto used his laser circus and managed to nullify all the blasts of light that fell upon him like rain. He got a wide smile after that.

"You are strong, gramps. Try to deflect this with your sneeze like you did to its brother," said Naruto and Makarov felt dreaded for some reason.

"Light Style: Rasenshuriken," bellowed Naruto and threw a spinning ball towards him. It was eerie orange instead of the light turquoise of the previous one. It is silent as well.

The silent ball of destruction was on him in no time. Makarov was forced to use another of his defence spells.

"Three Pillar Gods," he said, crossing his arms before him with the fists clenched. This made three ethereal pillars composed of dark seals appear in front of him. Two before at his sides, and one behind him.

The three pillars formed at 100 feet as well, protecting the entire body of the giant. Makarov started to decrease his size to decrease the magic cost to maintain the pillars.

As large pillars need more magic than the small ones he changed into his 30-foot form, substantially cutting the magic needed.

Naruto's attack impacted the pillars as soon as they were made and before long, a battle of endurance began. This is the moment at which the old man started to shrink.

Instead of weakening as Makarov is shrinking, the pillars became even more durable and pushed the Rasenshuriken back.

The tension was strong enough to detonate the ball of destruction and the explosion that followed uprooted many trees in the 50-meter radius, sending shock waves in all directions.

Makarov felt the earth shake beneath him as he was the nearest to the impact zone and he had no doubt that attack would have left him with a nasty scar.

"Damn that was strong," he said aloud.

"Yep. It's the intention. It's the strongest of my Rasenshuriken I can make. You are the 1st person to withstand it, head-on Gramps. Others tried but had to dodge or hide at the end. Gildarts included. He managed to counter it but had to hide to escape the shockwaves it released after it was detonated.

That shows your skill and experience in fighting. Let's end this with a worthy battle of size," said Naruto as reddish-orange flames started ro surround him.

"Susanoo," whispered Naruto and a reddish-orange ethereal flame started to form around him, engulfing in its bright flames and a similar structure Makarov saw in his office and on the Tenrou formed in front of him.

Makarov also observed the change in Naruto's eyes clearly, as they changed into a red swirl pattern. The structure was similar to him, at 30 feet, making them equal in height.

"Same height, huh. That's impressive. Let's compare strength," said Makarov, moving forward and pushing the ethereal structure with his body. Naruto also joined and both of the giants started to push around and as Naruto resisted, Makarov increased his strength.

It came to a point where Makarov's hands are bulging with veins while Naruto's Susanoo grew two large stands that were stopping him from moving back.

"This is futile," said Naruto standing in the same heart area of the Susanoo and blasted a Yasaka Magatama at the pushing old man.

"Ouch, that tingles. I think this is enough," said Makarov, pushing the Susanoo back with one last strong push. Naruto's Susanoo fell back.

As it was about to hit the ground, it vanished, leaving Naruto unharmed as he landed smoothly on the ground.

"That's a good spar, Naruto." Said Makarov, changing from his giant form to his diminutive one.

"Yes, Gramps. That's a good one. We should do it more often. That way you will always be in shape," suggested Naruto and Makarov nodded. They returned to Magnolia and made their way towards the Guildhall.

It was just late afternoon, as their spar lasted for a few hours at most. They reached the Guildhall in high spirits only to hear an argument.

"What is that you brat?" Called an arrogant voice.

"Fight me you bastard," replied a familiar impatient voice.

Naruto and Makarov were inside the Guildhall in an instant and saw what everyone couldn't stop. Natsu challenging Laxus to a fight.

As there were no S-class mages in the Guildhall, no one dared to stop Laxus and before they could say anything, Laxus and Natsu were fighting.

Natsu trying his best to hit Laxus while the blonde lightning mage throws the fire mage around like a rag doll.

"He should have known better than challenge Laxus to a fight,"

"That idiot,"

"No one is worthy of Laxus's attention,"

Naruto heard three familiar voices call and turned to see Freed, Bickslow and Evergreen to the side of the hall watching in amusement.

He also watched curiously how far Laxus will push and the beating for Natsu continued as Makarov also observed their fight with narrowed eyes.

"Fire Dragon's: Iron Fist," called Natsu as he ran towards Laxus with his hands on fire.

"Lightning Fist," said Laxus, punching Natsu as soon as he appeared near him with his fire fist. The punch sent him crashing through various tables and stools.

While Natsu was struggling to stand up, Laxus started walking towards him, his lightning fist still crackling in his hand.

"Didn't I tell you to not annoy me?" He asked mockingly.

"You pathetic weakling. Think twice to challenge me again. This will teach you that clearly," said Laxus, trying to punch Natsu again.

But much to his and everyone's surprise, another body took it head-on. Naruto was in front of Natsu in an instant and took the punch instead of Natsu.

As the lightning was still charged, it tried to electrocute him, but to no avail. Laxus thought it did and smiled widely.

"Oh, the fake is back," he said mockingly as he liked calling Naruto a fake because of his fluke win against Gildarts in the S-class trials.

"That's enough, Laxus," called Makarov as he saw his grandson was about to continue. Laxus didn't even give Makarov a side glance as he made his way to the second floor.

'When will you understand, Laxus?' Thought Makarov sadly as he saw his grandson go to the second floor.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

Tell me what you think in your reviews or PM's. See you all in the next chapter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

2