Chapter 82: Hero’s Past (Part 2)
105 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, after listening to how I slaughtered an entire noble family without a shred of regret or even any other emotion for that matter, how do you feel about me? Do you think I’m a cold-blooded monster for being able to disregard life whenever I feel like it?” Uncaring Marcel asked the Demon Lord.

“Well, honestly, not really! I don’t feel anything for these people you killed and saying that I did would be a lie. And hey, aren’t we all monsters in one way or another? There’s no way you can say you care for most things like I do... and that’s fine. You’re fine just the way you are!” The Demon Lord smiled to the ‘rock’ whose mood brightened up a bit as if would soon return back inside and wait till it was next triggered.

“Color me impressed! Strange, you’re the source of many of my distress, so why don’t I feel like killing you when that was originally my goal? Hmm… maybe that’s something my more emotional form would be able to answer. Thank you for saying that!” Most of Marcel’s murderous intent had disappeared after he said those words, but the Demon Lord didn’t want kill-switch Marcel to disappear just yet. He needed to ask more questions.

Also, Marcel had something to give the Demon Lord. He didn’t care that he had to give it in the bath. He just threw it on the floor behind the Demon Lord.

“That’s the person who triggered my current form. Honestly, those snakes were pushing it but ultimately, he pushed me over the edge. Do what you want with him!” He presented the Demon Lord the dead body of Fabier.

Despite the flawless disguise on this person presented in front of him that still remained even after they had long passed, the Demon Lord instantly recognized who this ‘Fabier’ person truly was. This person really worked for that pesky thing. ‘He’ will pay!

“Could you stay in the castle for the next few days while I deal with the person who sent Fob—I mean Fabier, after you?” The Demon Lord asked.

Marcel was as unflinching as he’s been the entire time, even though the Demon Lord was being so nice to him and not his usual jerk self who riled him up.

“Heh, I’ve got books to read and things to do. That can be done!” He shrugged.

“Good!” The Demon Lord smiled once again, but then suddenly; a thought came to mind.

“So, if Fabier had been a close friend of yours like Allan, Shalia, and your other friends, what would you have done?”

“Honestly, despite knowing how much my emotional self cares and depends on them, I honestly don’t think it would have ended differently from how it did with Fabier. That’s my greatest fear! I don’t know when my self-defense mechanism will switch on, and that scares me a bit…” He held what could be described as an attempt at a dejected expression. It was a complete failure! He didn’t look or sound scared at all. All neutral!  

“…I am certain that it will activate if anything threatens myself and the ones I care deeply about, like with Fabier. However, if the person who harms me is also someone I care about, then I am unsure. Maybe I will kill them as easily as I did that guy over there, or I’ll care for an explanation first perhaps. Let’s just hope that I never have to do something that extreme.” Wow, so cold! And he said it in such a nonchalant way that if his friends heard it, he’d definitely be called a heartless monster.

Unexpectedly, the Demon Lord tightly hugged Marcel after he spoke.

He didn’t know why, but he felt like he had to. He wasn’t going to deny the existence of this part of Marcel. It was part of him, what makes Marcel as a whole as he is; a 2 in 1 packaged deal of sorts. He is incapable of rejecting something like this made to keep the little guy safe, so he could only try to relieve some of his ‘distress’,

“You know, it wouldn’t necessarily be the end of that, even if you successfully managed to kill someone you love. If you act quickly enough, there are certain ways to bring a person back to life, even that ‘Fabier’ guy over there. Sadly, I can’t do it myself for some reason, but someone else can.” He tried to reassure Marcel, though he wasn’t sure that he got the message out there.

Yes, for some strange reason, the Demon Lord can’t call a soul back from the underworld no matter how much he tries. Despite his awing and immense capabilities, some of which could only be described as miracles, resurrection of a departed soul is the one art he’s incapable of. It makes you wonder why but hey, we won’t be getting into a chat about the Demon Lord today. That would just take too long and also, I don’t think this world is ready to allow all of its hidden secrets to be revealed just yet.

Ah, how much the Demon Lord would like to show the little guy in his current state that he can do it, but he can’t, probably because he still doesn’t understand the full nature of his powers despite how much he already knows about it. For now, comforting his little target for a ‘Wife’ will have to be done the old-fashioned way.

“I see...” Kill-switch Marcel said before relaxing, becoming lightheaded and then, he was out.

Just before he fully passed out, the Demon Lord planted a kiss on his forehead and murmured,

“I hope to talk to this side of you again when you next awake.” He said as if expecting Marcel to have yet another near-death experience in the future. Seriously, I don’t know if he likes it that his wife can turn into a bloody, freaking executioner or not. As for feelings on whether or not he still thinks he can conquer Marcel, knowing another of his secrets now, he thinks he’ll do just fine. The original plan will still continue. Hopefully, he’ll see definite results of his plan very soon!

 

Marcel woke up back in his bed hours later in his still-deactivating, almost normal state whilst the person who brought him there, well… he had other ‘matters’ to attend to. Ahem, someone is about to have a very bad day!

1