Chapter 85: Accomplishments
85 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter is relatively short compared to the normal ones. The next chapter is a bit more normal in volume but because it was a bit difficult to write, the editing is still not done. I'll post it on either Sunday or Monday.

So, how much did the group manage to accomplish in the 6 years where we, or rather, you, didn’t hear from them? What’s with Kensuke’s weird [Blood Weapon Series] skill from that time before the entire ‘Fabier’ fiasco? What about Marcel’s other friends? Well, let’s talk about that now!

First, let’s start off with the master of this set of Chosens, Marcel. In the span of 6 years, he, well… didn’t manage to do much. He acquired a few random skills that aren’t even worth mentioning here and there, learned some more magic, about the world, and alchemy with Shalia and Allan. The most interesting of his achievements is maybe the fact that he managed to operate four spells simultaneously, although just barely by himself, so yeah, he’s sort of a pseudo-Quadra-Mage now. Good for him!

Now for the most boring of them all, Allan. He… didn’t change in the slightest since the last change he experienced with the other Chosens during their transformation. He improved at his own pace, becoming an A-class mage. He’s got this witch thing pretty figured out compared to Marcel, so he has nothing to worry about.

As for Shalia, well, guess what?! She can also clearly feel the spirits around her now. They aren’t just ‘vaguely there’ to her anymore like they used to be. She can really feel them.

After her transformation at the hands of Marcel’s blood, her connection to the spirits was further enhanced, making her capable of feeling their intentions and speaking to them through Hjärtatlv, her world’s physical link to the World Tree Yggdrasil. Her three contracted spirits of earth, fire, and wind grew a bit too, becoming more humanoid in shape. Heh, sometimes even I too forget that she’s a spirit summoner. It’s not your fault!

Silva, oh Silva! Well, she’s a big unknown. Eeeh, you aren’t supposed to know the full scope yet but it seems like she can use her power at least two more times compared to her former limit, making the total at least 5. Oh, but then, last time, she casually claimed that four was all she could do, then the other time, she almost did it six times so… yeah, she definitely is hiding something. Something very big!

Valeria, well, her granted gifts from Marcel’s blood are more related to her beast form, but since she hasn’t been eager to transform into the body she’s most comfortable in since the transformation, she seems to be keeping it a secret, so I won’t tell, just this once. Anyway, more on that later.

Now, Kenny, the most interesting of them all. He not only received a big fix to his problem that kept his growth stagnant but he also managed to establish a connection with an obscure realm like another member of the group, Evan, albeit in the form of a skill, [Blood Weapon Series].

In a few months after his transformation, the connection was cemented. Through Marcel’s blood, Kenny established a realm normally only accessible to vampires, the ‘Blood Realm’, through which he can summon stored weapons, and get this! The blood inside his body is the physical form of that link, meaning that as long as blood flows through his veins, he can call upon his weapons and butcher his enemies. No major magic required! I wouldn’t want to go against that beast when he has a weapon in hand. Whew!

Also, for the thunderbeast brothers, Nigel, Daniel and Evan, well, they didn’t change much after the transformation they experienced at the hands of Marcel’s blood, except for what happened to their bodies. Their semi-spiritual bodies are slowly or moderately transforming into spiritual bodies akin to that of spirits and demons in preparation for their next evolution. The creation of astral bodies, which would put them on the level of spirits and demons, has already begun and is happening drastically faster than it normally would, which is a bit concerning.

You see, for astral bodies, slow and steady wins the race, and this is just giving Nigel the worrywart some concerns since, um… 2% of it is already done. He shouldn’t even be close to 0.3% of the overall completed spiritual body, so you can guess why the reaction. The other two are enjoying the newfound perks of having the Power Battery named Marcel as a friend and technically, master, especially Evan who is enjoying his sweet connection to the Shadow Realm.

Through the Shadow Realm, Kenny can now almost virtually erase his entire presence from this world, becoming even more of an adept assassin while, for Daniel, he’s recovering faster than ever before, though, that also seems to be the case for Nigel and Daniel. He didn’t receive anything particularly extraordinary that he doesn’t already know about yet, so he focused on honing his sword skills. I can say for sure that he will achieve his goal of mastering his sword very soon.

Anyway, evolutionarily, they are all doing just fine. Class? Well, that didn’t change much except that Kenny might soon be officially acknowledged as some kind of summoner by the World Administrator. Fundamentally speaking, well, something is happening to all of them because of their connection to Marcel, but what that is, I don’t know! I have some theories, but eh— just stick along for the ride! We also just learned about Marcel finally becoming a B-class, something that everyone in the group already is or has surpassed, so let’s get back to that, shall we?

Anyway, in the six years after we last met them and before Sedrah sent Fobos to kill them, they had all been steadily improving, not like they were supposed to before meeting Marcel, of course, but at this point, is there even a point in assuming that fate will follow its normal course? Of course not!

Now… let’s get back to Marcel who’s about to wake up from bed to start a new day. Spoiler alert, many bombs are on the way! Look forward to them!

0