Chapter 103: Sebas Thorne
121 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a heavy heart, he walked, and with that same heart, he met a vampire. 

He’d been walking down the corridor, hoping to meet Allan on the way so that they could leave together when... he passed by an older young man, looking around 28 in appearance, pale in complexion with curly white hair and deep red eyes, looking absolutely gorgeous as he strode. They passed by each other, both admiring the other’s looks. 

Much to Marcel’s surprise, the pale man grabbed his hand as he was walking past him. He stared him in the face and froze, seemingly stuck in place, his grip tightening the longer he stared at darling Marcel. 

Marcel wondered if something was wrong, seeing as he was grabbed and all, “Um, Sir... could you kindly release my hand?” He asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable under the man’s piercing gaze. 

The man snapped out of it. He answered, his voice soft but deep, “Sorry! I just took notice of something that I could absolutely not miss. I’m terribly sorry if I’ve inconvenienced you...” The man apologized. 

Marcel smiled and said, “Oh, it’s nothing! I’m also sorry if I’ve, in any way, made you feel bad... I’ve got to go now, so bye~” Marcel showed a genuine bright smile to the man whose facial expression seemed to loosen up a bit. A bit of color appeared on his face. Marcel bowed his head a bit and then he continued onwards to go meet Allan. He found him and via another Spell Phantom, they left.    

When Marcel had left, the vampire hastened his steps as he walked back in the same direction that Marcel had just come from. He entered a different room than Marcel had though. 

When the vampire entered, another vampire stood up from his chair and came forward to meet him. 

“Oh brother, this is a first... You’re always the first one to arrive here when you call for a meeting. Did something by any chance happen on your way here?” The other vampire asked, a bit worried. 

“Good to see you too, younger brother!” He greeted, “Yes, something did indeed happen... I think... that I might have met 'the One' as well, Vladimir!” He said, a faint smile appearing on his ice-cold face, shocking Vladimir. 

“What?! Sebas, you are joking, right? You know that this is a very serious matter, right?” Vladimir asked with a grave expression. Really, he must be joking right? This isn’t who I think it is, is it? 

“Oh, Vladimir, Vladimir... when have I ever told a joke, even as your eldest brother? I’m very serious. I could smell it, no doubt about it. The scent was so enthralling and magnetic, and oh so irresistible too. I don’t know what came over me, but before I knew it, I had already grabbed his arm, ready to sink my fangs into it. Now tell me, does that sound like something I’d joke about!?” Sebas Thorne, the eldest son of the Ruler of Vampires, said to his fourth brother, Vladimir Thorne. 

Vladimir smiled and said, “That’s great news then. Tell me! What does this person that you met look like? I’ll find them right away and contact them.” He asked, excited for his ice-cold and pale-looking loner of a brother who’d never shown an interest in things like relationships or bonds before today. All he needs to do is confirm with the servants the appearance and possible identity of the one who arrived and this is going to be easy. 

“Don’t fret. I can still remember that person’s face as clear as if he stood before me right now, and that smile... oh, it was gorgeous! I can also remember their scent too. It was the scent of fresh hyacinths growing in a field after a downpour. The scent was so intoxicating that even now as we speak, the scent echoes through my senses...” Sebas answered. Okay, he was starting to sound just a bit... creepy! 

“Yeah, yeah! Whatever. Just tell me what they looked like. From what you’ve just described now of their scent, I can think of three people who have this scent. Tell me about their appearance! It might be one of those people.” Vladimir said. His brother was making it easy for him even more than usual. Also, being able to vividly remember the scent like that... it must be true! His brother may have really met his mate. 

“Very well. I shall describe the appearance of the pure flower I saw. They had long, straight silvery hair, the most unique shade I’ve ever seen before. His eyes, two beautiful gems of a unique color; gems, a beautiful pair of radiant orchid fleshly cut from stone. They had white skin, a gorgeous and cute face, and also a built body. They...” Sebas was about to continue describing his ‘the One’ with a smile when Vladimir stopped him and swept his face downward, looking exhausted. 

“I got it...” He sounded really tired, “Damn that brat! Can’t he go anywhere without staring up some trouble?! First, Wolfgang, and now you?!! For how long is that boy going to terrorize me for?!!” Vladimir said, angry because ‘the One’ that Sebas was talking about with such unique features could be none other than the guy he’d labeled, ‘Pest’ and ‘Rival’ in his head. Damn him! 

From how Sebas had described his ‘the One’, it could be no one but Marcel, the pest that he wanted to get far away from Wolfgang as he possibly could. Now that stupid pest had managed to cross over the barrier that is him and firmly planted himself in his family, as his brother’s future mate, meaning that now, getting him away from Wolfgang would be as hard as summoning a catastrophe and telling it not to cause any damage. Absolutely impossible, unless some divine power intervened, perhaps? 

Haa~” Vladimir sighed, I know who you’re talking about. Do you remember that person I tell you that Wolfgang talks about all the damn time... the one he calls cute and an angel so much? Well, it’s that person! He goes by either Marcel or Dave, names representing two different things. He uses Marcel as the Demon Lord’s fiancé and Dave as a hero adventurer with friends of unknowingly powerful backgrounds that cannot be overlooked. He’s also, personally, the biggest nightmare I’ve faced since getting together with Wolfgang...” 

“Wait?! The Demon Lord’s fiancé? From what I remember, isn’t he supposed to be the blond shrimp of a guy that we met at the Demon Lord’s feast that one time?” Sebas asked, shocked by Vladimir’s earlier words. 

“Well, not anymore! Something happened and now, he’s a gorgeous guy, pure both inside out, and a homewrecker! That boy has stolen so many hearts without even trying that I’m honestly surprised. First the Demon Lord, then my Wolfgang, a few of his friends including an elven princess and General Lancel’s son, then the Dragon Empress, that spirit-demon guy, and then the Oni Leader. That guy managed to touch all of their hearts just by being there and unfortunately, you, my brother... have just joined as one of the many people who want to court that little devil...” Vladimir said as he gritted his teeth in frustration just thinking of Marcel. 

Sebas listened to his brother express displeasure, then said, “That’ll be easy to fix! As long as we give him a vampire seed, he’ll one day become one of us and then I’ll win. I’m willing to settle for second or third husband even when that happens.” Sebas said excitedly to his brother whose heart was about to be a bit shaken by his brother. 

“Absolutely not! You think others haven’t tried it yet? They all failed to successfully plant their seeds. Try remembering that guy’s aura! How did it feel?” Vladimir asked his brother. 

“Hmm... It was that of a pure untouched flower showing no signs of having been tainte—” Sebas finally got what his brother was trying to say, and his eyes widened in shock. 

“It is exactly as you’re thinking, brother! How do you think he acquainted himself with the Empress, an elven princess, and the Oni leader? They tried to plant their seeds and all failed, or at least, that’s what it seems like. According to Wolfgang, the Dragon Empress buried a dragon root deep inside his heart so that he could someday become a dragon and be claimed by her, but you know, a few months after that, he noticed that the dragon root had vanished from within his heart... like it had been absorbed by him, and not just that. 

That boy managed to bear being given Natures from all the elves’ power sources too without any problems. The Oni leader also buried his race’s seed inside him while he was asleep, and guess what? That boy absorbed it all the same! One would think that maybe the first time it happened with the dragon root was maybe because he had the elves’ immense Source power pumped into him, but then when one learns that it was, in fact, not the first time different energy had been implanted into him, but twice, and it already disappeared the first time, the only thing that one could think is ‘monster’. 

That boy is very odd so I don’t think implanting a vampire seed into him wouldn’t do anything. Like all the other different seeds, we’ll just end up giving him more power. He attained Dragon Link from the Empress, the power to wield elven magic and resistances from the elven sources, then the ability to wield immensely powerful curses from the Oni Leader’s seed, and… to top it all off, that boy was born with a dormant witch bloodline all along and awakened it quite recently. Agh! That boy might grow up to be so great a monster that maybe only Guardians might stand a chance against.” Vladimir concluded, all his words sending a shock to Sebas, like when he found out that Vladimir was bonded to Wolfgang, but exponentially worse. That time, he was so shocked that he straight up fainted when his sister told him, so imagine how he feels now. Yeah, it took a long while! 

After he’d recovered, he asked, 

“So, are you saying that I should give up?” He asked his brother, a bit down as he felt like his hopes of being with his ‘the One’, were falling down the abyss. 

“Don’t worry, though! I’m not saying that you should give up. You might fail, if you pursue him, is what I’m implying…" He then sighed in resignation, "Ha, but if that’s what makes you happy, then do whatever you want. I’ll be willing to put away my grudge towards that boy if you manage to successfully court him. You’ll have to get past your biggest hurdles yet: The Demon Lord, Dragon Empress, and Miguel Dunkelheit. If you can do that, then I'll be glad to say that even if you get rejected as the first, then you’ll end up in second or third place. Good luck to you!” Vladimir encouraged his brother... and it worked. He was filled with vigor and liveliness unlike ever before as he made up his mind to reach for his goals. 

After gaining this newfound vitality, Sebas sat down with his brother and they discussed the matters he originally wanted to discuss before Marcel and his very pleasant scent occupied his mind. After that, he went straight home and declared himself the one who’d handle all of their race’s affairs pertaining to the Demon Lord and Dragon Empress. 

His father, Lord Finral Cole Thorne, Ruler of Vampires, who thought that the Demon Lord’s or the Dragon Empress’ charms had finally gotten to his stone-cold son, allowed him to do whatever he wished. Boy, was his guess way off! He wasn’t aware at all that the three cataclysmic events in vampire and werewolf history were likely to happen again because of his nonchalant agreement to Sebas’ request. May God have mercy on all their souls! 

 

0