Chapter 18: The vampire and the werewolf
783 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two men approached Marcel and the demon lord, one with wolf ears, the other, fangs, and crimson blood-red eyes. Marcel was familiar which race they came from since these past few days, Claude gave him lots of work to do. He had to learn about the different races that lived in the different dimensions referred to as the demon realms, although he still doesn’t remember all of them yet. Witches, werewolves, vampires, elves, goblins, dire wolves, dwarves, ogres, he was no familiar with some of the many races that live in the demon realm, so he quickly recognized that the two approaching them were from the werewolf and vampire races respectively. 

The one with the wolf ears had dark blue hair, silver eyes, and tanned skin. His hair was long, a bit longer than Claude’s and he wore a green attire similar to the one Claude wore the first time he met Marcel as Claude. He was very beautiful, although still retained a manly image. His silver eyes looked especially enchanting.  

The man beside him, on the other hand, had long blond hair and crimson blood-red eyes, the symbol of a powerful vampire. His skin was even paler than the demon lord’s, making him look almost transparent like a ghost’s, but he seemed perfectly healthy. He wore a red and black suit and there wasn’t a single stray hair visible upon his head and he looked very handsome too. His face was blank, devoid of all emotions and he had these cold eyes that gave Marcel shivers whenever they made eye contact, but the other man beside him gave him a nudge and he stopped glaring at Marcel. The werewolf man smiled towards the two he was approaching and when they reached where the demon lord and Marcel stood, the werewolf man and the demon began talking. 

“Hey, there~. My, this is unbelievable. I don’t see you for a while and you suddenly get yourself a wife? You could have at least kept me updated on what was happening on your side. It was very cruel of you to do that when I sent you messages all the time, telling you how I was faring.” The werewolf man acted dramatically like he was feeling hurt and crying.  

“Oh, come on! You send me letters every week, and it was either about how you were on a honeymoon again or about this guy.” The demon lord pointed at the vampire standing beside the werewolf. The vampire stared at the demon lord with a proud look on his face, then he glanced at Marcel as if examining him. He stared for a few seconds and then he went back to looking at the werewolf. 

“Oh, so this is the new hero, huh. He seems like a fairly nice person... Ahem! Um, would you like to introduce us already?” The werewolf signaled the demon lord as he stared at Marcel. 

“Oh yes. Sorry, I just had a lot on my mind right now. I’m sorry if I ignored you... This is Marcel and he’s my wife.” The demon lord looked at Marcel then smiled as he spoke to the werewolf. 

“Um, don’t you mean fiancé?” The vampire finally spoke and his voice was so deep that he startled Marcel. He looked at the demon lord, signaling him with his eyes as if saying that he was right, but the demon lord confirmed once again by saying that Marcel as his wife, not his fiancé. 

“Let me introduce these two to you, Marcel. This is Wolfgang Ashburn, the youngest of the werewolf princes of the Silver Wolves and the one on the side is Vladimir Thorne, fourth prince of the vampire race and duke of Blood Phalanx.” The demon lord introduced them to Marcel. Marcel said hello to two and Wolfgang asked, “Why isn’t there anywhere on my Informer about him yet? I checked when you mentioned him just now, but nothing.” 

“Yeah, because I requested that the Supreme Administrator block any information concerning him from coming to any of the heroes’ Informers or any other Informers for that matter. It’s going to be for a while until he settles in here. You wouldn’t want him to be put in danger right after he arrived, now would you?” Once again, the demon lord and someone was talking about something that Marcel couldn’t understand. He at least knew what an Informer was, so that’s good. It’s that orb currently following him around, invisible and floating behind him. That’s what it’s officially called in the demon realms. 

“No, but I have that super-secret function. No one, not even a hero or even they could get access to it without Supreme Administrator’s permission, except for me of course, so why didn’t you at least tell me. I thought we were friends.” Wolfgang kept on whining about not knowing anything before coming here. The vampire gave the demon lord death stares for not doing what Wolfgang said but the demon lord just smiled at him, making the vampire feel like his efforts were in vain. 

Wolfgang stopped whining, grabbed Marcel’s hand, then pulled away. They walked until they reached a private room a bit of a distance away from the area where the party is.  

After they came to the private room, Wolfgang then told Marcel to sit and then suddenly, he goes into full-blown interrogation mode. He stared at Marcel’s face a bit too seriously, making Marcel feel uncomfortable and nervous at first, but then he laughed when he saw the nervousness that’d begun showing on Marcel’s face. He laughed for a while and then he asked Marcel an important question. 

“So, how do you feel?” He asked. Marcel felt this coming a mile away but he still didn’t know what to say when someone asked him that even after talking to that mysterious woman/queen he doesn’t know about yet. 

“Um, I don’t know. I can’t think of anything to say. The whole thing is just bizarre. One day, I’m living my normal life, then I enter one rift and boom, everything changes. I find out that the image I had of my enemy was exaggerated, then suddenly I’m engaged to him. How am I supposed to be feeling exactly?” Marcel spoke as if mocking his situation. He looked a bit overwhelmed as well and Wolfgang took a seat next to him. 

“Haha! That’s so funny! You’ve already accepted it, or at least, you smell like it and you don’t even know your answer yet.” Marcel was suddenly alarmed from hearing Wolfgang words. What did he mean by that? Marcel thought.  

“What you’re saying isn’t going to cut it. You need to figure out your feelings and stat, or else you won’t be able to control how things go. Trust me, it’s not going to be good for you or anyone else otherwise.” Wolfgang added.  

“I don’t know why, but you seem hesitant in making your decision for some reason and if I’m guessing right, it’s probably something about the mission of the hero defeating the demon lord. I suggest you drop it and forget all about it. Even the strongest out of all of us can’t do any real damage to him. Reach for the skies, for something attainable, not something like defeating the person who trampled the pride of heroes like it was nonexistent.” He continued and the more Marcel heard Wolfgang say, the more he felt motivated to defeat the demon lord. 

After sitting there and listening to Wolfgang speak, he felt like all that Wolfgang had said was very logical, although that one ‘us’ he mentioned made him think of something else. He decided to ask and looks like it meant exactly what he thought it did. 

“Yes, I’m also a hero, but I’m not the same as most of you. Sure, every hero is different in their own rights, but I’d say that I’m one of the most unique out of all of us out there.” He replied to Marcel’s question. 

“Um, are you weaker? Is there something wrong with you? What do you mean by the most unique and how did you-” Marcel was stopped by Wolfgang before the questions got out of hand. His eyes were literally sparkling after hearing the word hero and that there’s right sitting in front of him. It looks like everything the demon lord was right. He just got here and he’s already meeting a hero, how lucky is that? 

“No-no. I was reincarnated in a different way than all the others. You see, rebirth for heroes happen after they die. They don’t leave their bodies and enter another either. It’s just transforming their bodies into one of the many races that exist here. At least that’s what many people thought until I arrived, but I would say that I arrived either since I didn’t stay here for long as a human. 

It happened a long time ago and for the first time, a hero perished before even getting to the demon lord. Huh, just my luck. It’s a very long story but it’s thanks to that that I got to meet my husband, so I wouldn’t call it a total mishap. Would you like to hear it?” Marcel nodded his head as hard as he could. He was about to hear a hero’s tale told by a hero himself, one of the things he grew up on. But the stories in the books always came to an abrupt end where the heroes left the human world, so having to hear about it from someone who’d experienced it got his blood pumping, but he just had to stop and ask about the husband thing. 

“Yes, I’m married. And you already met my husband a few minutes ago.” Marcel heard him say. He tried doing a quick browse through his memories to try and find someone who’d be worthy of marrying a hero, then, he found him. It was that vampire man that was next to him. The one with a faint presence. What was his name again? Yeah, his name was Vladimir, Marcel remembered. 

Marcel was a bit nervous about being wrong about his guess that it was Vladimir but when he did. It turned out to be true. 

“Yes, it’s Vladimir, the one supposed to be my biggest enemy but then a few things happened to me and I got him. I’m going to get there if I start the tale. Should I begin now?” It seemed like the words Marcel wanted to say were stuck in his throat and he didn’t know if it was because he was surprised about the fact that Wolfgang is actually married to a man and actually admitted it or something else.  

Wolfgang took the awkward silence as Marcel being too dumbfounded to speak and continued, “It all began about a long, long time ago when I walked through a dimensional rift. Everything changed after that moment for me as well, just like it did for you. So, here’s the thing; a few hours after I stepped into the demon realm, I. . .” 

11