Prologue: What Kind of Hell is This?!
289 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Jing had done a lot of bad things in her life. For example, she doesn't like to work. So instead, she was dependent on her older brother to send her monthly expenses. For example, she spent her days reading, drawing and watching television serials instead of being a productive member of society. For example, she was not filial to her parents. On the last day of her parents' life, the last thing she said to them was that she hated them...

So when she woke up in a strange and unfamiliar place and surrounded by gruff and oddly dressed men and women, she knew it must be god's punishment to her.

"Boss! You've finally woke up," a cheerful voice coming from her bedside said. 

"Boss has woken up? Quick! Quickly get the physician!" Another voice called out.

A physician was quickly summoned and ushered into the room. Although Xiao Jing was laying down on a bed and was still disoriented, she could see the dear in the physician's eyes as he shakenly dropped his bag by the bedside. As he pulled back his long sleeve, he discreetly wiped away the sweats that were forming like beads on his forehead. 

As he reached for Xiao Jing's hand, a loud threatening voice was heard, causing the already unsteady hand to shake even harder. "Take care when diagnosing our boss, old man. If anything happens to her under your care, you do not need to keep your head!"

Because the person who spoke was standing behind the doctor, Xiao Jing was able to see him clearly. After a glance, Xiao Jiang could only think of two words: intimidating giant. Although unable to see the rest of the occupants in the room, Xiao Jing knew that he was the tallest man in the room and easily the biggest. His face was scruffy with a full beard with black, cold eyes that pierce into your soul. His lips seemed to shape into a perpetual frown, making him seemed like the guards at the gate of the underworld who can destroy your soul in an instant. He looked as if he was ready to eat the physician if he dared to make a mistake.

Xiao Jing hand clenched the blanket covering her, glad that she wasn't the target of the man's deadly glare. Unfortunately, this small movement was noted by the man and his expression became darker. "What are you doing being so slow?! Hurry and treat her. " he boomed threateningly at the man.

By the time the doctor finished diagnosing her and writing out the prescription for her, it was about half an hour. The physician was quickly ushered out of the room to personally cook the medicine on the order of the big man from earlier. As for Xiao Jing who was still weak and disoriented, she fell back to sleep, where her world was much more familiar.

The last thought she had before blessed darkness was: If this was hell, what kind of hell is this?!

5