16.4
135 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time Shen ShanYuan awoke, it was already the day of the banquet. However, the whole person appears rather unlike the playful boy before. His eyes are bloodshot, the fist clenches until white knuckles are seen and the body exudes cold and extreme temper. Not like before. 

Paying no mind to this, Shen ShanYuan directly walks to the inner compartment inside his study. Looking around, there are many shelves with books and scrolls scattered on the table, chairs and even fallen to the black tiles below. 

Sweeping a glance, the white robe gentleman rushes to a particular shelf. With a pull of his fingertip, a thick booklet mixed with a variety of handwritten letters are locked in his arms. Running through the words, Shen ShanYuan calmly finishes the scanning and closes it.

He walks out, calls a servant from the outside.

"Let his majesty know that this young master is very unstable so I can't attend tonight lest the illness occurs."

Although perplexed, the servant dared not question. Accept the scroll and leave hurriedly.

The matter of young master Shen being sick is already a wide-known news around the streets. This is not the first time. Besides, the emperor never calls upon the little master to punish him so the servant doesn't care too much. But just before his foot touch the ground in between the door, he is called.

"Wait. Have this delivered to his majesty personally. Don't make a mistake."

The last sentence was bitten harshly, the servant shudders. Quickly turning around, promises and walks out holding the thick book like his life depends on it.

Even if the young master is sick and pale, no one can question his undeniable strength since he came here. Almost all of the entire Shen power is under Shen ShanYuan. Not to mention, he is favored by the head as well.

It is best not to anger the little master.

At this time, Yu Yaoting is placed below like the other officials. Just that his position grant him a seat above the rest but below the emperor. Usually he would sit down but today thinking of the young man, he pause and walks up sitting in the higher chair.

The emperor's eyes flashed a surprised look but didn't say anything. If he did, it would cause a small problem. Not polite to say anything.

The banquet started with a raise cup of the emperor's toast. Then everyone cheers, wishing prosperity to the person seated atop the dragon throne.

An hour passes. 

Two hour passes.

Three, four…

The people starts drinking, played and laughs.

But still no sight of the Shens'. 

Gradually, someone points it out. The goal of course is not positive but the emperor simply frowns then waves his hand dismissively.

This is not natural however no one dares question. 

At this time, a small servant runs in. Bows down, lifts the scroll above his head.

With the announcement, everybody now understands why Shen hasn't appeared yet.

This is not very favorable to the Shen but the others are happy to see the emperor dividing against the Shen. 

Everybody is scoffing, sneering at how stupid the Shen is acting.

But Han Xiaowen in the back is the most emotional one.

Wanting to laugh but can't.

He thought it was just an excuse for that idiot to avoid him but actually fighting with the emperor! Humph, really getting more and more dumb! Deserve to be sick!

He raises his wine in a happy mood, clinging with the others near him.

Everybody is happy.

But not one man.

Yu Yaoting is very unhappy. His brows are almost scrunched out in the open, the heart cools down. 

Thinking if the young man is cutting their connection.

If that person doesn't accept him, it is a life worse than death.

The whole feast, he is absentminded, always worrying about that person's affairs.

Of course, till the end when everybody left, that figure.he always thought of never appears.

Holding the scrolls from the Shen, his eyes were gloomy and dark. The emperor finally tosses it aside like a bug crawling on his hand. Fierce and aggressive. He sweeps everything off the desk angrily, shouting.

"THAT DAMN KID IS REALLY LOOKING FOR DEATH!!!"

"SOMEONE, COME!"

Author has something to say:

The plot is starting now. Don't bomb. 

1