19
47 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ahem. Hem…!”

Now situated back in Qiu Zihan’s room, Xu Yuan fake coughs several times to get the child’s attention but all is gone to vain. He knows he should explain to this kid, but what could he really say? However seeing him ignoring, Xu Yuan’s heart feels abit stuffy. He peeks one eye open to see Qiu Zihan sitting on the chair reading a book but it’s been ten minutes and the pages hasn’t even been turn yet. Xu Yuan gives up, after all this is still a kid.

 

“…That, then eat. Eat first, I’ll explain after?”

 

He asks cautiously only to be glared at by Zihan. Although Xu Yuan knows, he’s not in a position to make a deal still he can’t lose to a kid so his eyes don’t back down and strongly hold the child’s gaze. Xu Yuan cheers when he saw Zihan sighing as if to coax him but he stops thinking about it once he saw Zihan slumping down on the cold floor to eat. Xu Yuan hurriedly got up from the bed and pulls the child up, asking.

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

Seeing the child flinch, Xu Yuan calms down as he leans closer to pinch Zihan’s nose. Zihan swats the messy hand away and doesn’t speak. Xu Yuan looks at this troublesome kid and stats to think deeply. The more he thinks, the more he can’t figure it out. Only then, Zihan whispers frustratedly.

 

“You sit.”

 

Xu Yuan’s eyes widen surprise then his lips open with a loud sweet laughter. Zihan’s face flushes, his fists clench. Xu Yuan quickly waves his hand, smilingly answer.

 

“What are you saying? A kid offering a chair to an adult? Don’t make me laugh. You sit properly.”

 

Xu Yuan stares holes into Zihan’s body only then did the boy give up and sit down on the chair and quietly look at the food opened and prepared by Xu Yuan.

 

‘You’re not even an adult yet.’

 

Though he keeps that to mind, his eyes shake slightly seeing the meals being scattered and the aroma sweetly wafts in the air.

 

“Eat up! I got plenty more so don’t worry.”

 

At that, Zihan lets go of any emotions blocking him as his wrists move back and forth holding the spoons. Watching the kids eat digilently, Xu Yuan is content and happy. His eyes curve into crescent moon resembling a white lotus blossoming oddly even in the winter. Seeing Zihan almost shoving the food in quickly, Xu Yuan hurriedly stops him and smile.

 

“No rush, I’ll tell you while you eat so savor everything.”

 

Zihan grumbles abit annoyed but still slows down. Xu Yuan starts to think where he should explain. He hums slightly as he begins the story.

 

“Zihan, do you believe in fairies?”

 

The boy’s body stiffen hearing this name called but the question asked make him snicker as if to jest the aunthenticty. Xu Yuan smiles even more.

 

“I know you don’t believe it but…”

 

Hearing this, Zihan stops eating and turns to look at the joking servant only to see that servant bending down and closing the gap between them. Seeing the clear reflections of his figure in the servant’s eyes, Zihan trembles slightly as his hold on the spoon tightens. He hardly gulps the food down as he peeks at the pale lips filled with bite marks and the uncovered red marks littered across the white slender neck. His heart quickens as he looks up to see the servant staying quiet and only staring at him. Then the prettiest smile ever seen directed at him, Zihan’s breath quickens as his ears heat up and turn red like plum.

 

Xu Yuan laughs at the cute kid. Then he leans in close to the red ears and whisper sweetly like a predator seductively pulling a thread to drag the prey down and drown to the abyss.

 

“Actually, I myself am a fairy.”

 

Then he left the boy’s ears, those eyes turn cold and indifferent. Zihan gasps, wanting to question what kind of joke this servant is making only to be met with the chilled gaze. His heart turns cold.

 

‘N-Not a j…joke?’

 

He thought to himself as the two stares in silent. Zihan’s eyes flit away wanting to escape only to hear the sweet voice sounds sad.

 

“What is it? Scared? You find it disgusting too? Ha, of course you would.”

 

Then before he could deny the servant stands up and walk to the door.

 

“You eat well, I have work.”

 

Xu Yuan left.

 

His servant left the door.

 

At that moment, Zihan’s heart panics abit his legs wanting to run over and hold that person so they can only look at him alone. As that thought starts, it’s hard for the 11 years old boy to turn it down.

 

After that, Xu Yuan serves both Qiu’s young masters everyday until he’s late to bed and up early in the morning along with various other duties he has. Though the two boys are still hard to get along with each other, they have warm up to the middle man that is myself, Xu Yuan. Seeing the closeness, the masters are happy and raise Xu Yuan’s salaries causing him to smile even more easily these days. Today is like the others except his schedule is mixed and the two young masters need him right at 3pm. He can’t turn down any of the two so he proposes them to wait for him in the garden. Xu Yuan quickly finishes his kitchen work and runs to the garden only to hear shouting and the rustling of cloth then a cry of pain. He quickly rushes over to see the situation. Another servant had blames Zihan and push him down, hoping for Qiu Jing to feel joy like getting revenge. Seeing the vicious smirk on that face, Xu Yuan feels anger for the first time since coming over.

 

He had been raising Zihan a lot and his body has become more healthier, full meat and his face doesn’t look so pale now. Its become rosy and playful like a child should be. Not only Zihan, he hasn’t been neglecting Qiu Jing either. Although at first, he did so for the original owner but since that time the man had came over and possess Qiu Jing’s body, he realise there’s a connection between them so XU Yuan put more effort to take care of Qiu Jing. However, the two brothers still can’t come to love each other so he didn’t bring them closer much. To think a servant actually do this to his-!

 

Xu Yuan stomps over angrily, blocking Zihan from the kick. Seeing that he can’t pull his leg away, the servant continues to kick Xu Yuan but he saw a flash then a figure from behind him had rush over and hug the other boy. Eyes widen, Xu Yuan shouts.

 

“Don’t!”

 

Then the foot kicks Qiu Jing harshly. The servant hurriedly retreat however its too late and Qiu Jing’s back is stomped as he utters moans in pain. Xu Yuan is frustrated, cursing.

 

“You stupid man!”

 

However he can’t leave the two kids so he direct his anger to the servant.

 

“Still standing here?! Go get a doctor and an ice pack!”

 

His voice must’ve sound very vicious as the kids in his arms both flinch but the servant listens and immediately run off to find what he asks for.

 

Xu Yuan quickly lifts Qiu Jing’s shirt to see his back, seeing the swollen red footmarks from the shoes, it can be seen that the power is fully maximized without a care of a child. Xu Yuan grits his teeth, angry that this kid actually jumps in to block him but he can’t blame when looking at that pitifully teary face. So Xu Yuan diverts his attention to the quiet kid. Zihan’s forehead is covered in sweats, his body curls forward. His lips bitten to keep quiet. Xu Yuan lifts his finger and put them inside the kid’s mouth.

 

“Bite on my finger instead. Does it hurt a lot?”

 

Zihan’s eyes open wide, he must’ve just notice him here as he kept staring at him without blinking. Xu Yuan feels funny in his heart as his other hands went over and pat his head.

 

“It’s okay, I’m here. It won’t hurt anymore.”

 

Zihan’s eyes still look over unblinkingly, just as he wants to tease the kid. A small hand pulls his sleeve and a quiet sobbing voice sound.

 

“W-What about me…? You don’t care about me? No fair!”

 

Xu Yuan has to stop the hand patting Zihan’s head as they return back to their original place. Pulling Qiu Jing over to his arm, he hugs the two boys in his arms tightly as he leans down and put their head forward together.

 

“In this house, you two might come from different parents but those adults only want something useful in you two. You have to be picky with who you choose. Once you no longer hold what they want from you, you’ll be discarded. So I want you two to at least get along together and be there when one of you needs a helper, okay?”

 

Xu Yuan hums contemplating.

 

“Although it might be hard, I want there to be a path for you to go to when you come to a wall. If you fight and break, you’re only letting those who thinks they have control over you win. Learn to make your own choice and judge that person’s true color.”

 

The two kids still hugging his chest, holding a piece of his cloth. Xu Yuan starts to think, he doesn’t know why he feels this two have a similar aura almost like twins and they shouldn’t be like this. It feels controlled, like they are being controlled. He doesn’t know why he feels the need to say it.

 

“Whether you both have a similar ideals or goals in mind, or whatever there is to it, don’t let those people win. Be your own decider of your life.”

 

Saying that, Xu Yuan feels a chill brushing his back. He tightens his hold on the kids then a groan comes out. Xu Yuan hurriedly release them from his grip but leans the kids to his chest sitting them on each of his lap as he sat on the green grass. As the hot breath hits him, Xu Yuan feels both their forehead then he quickly summons his spatial bag and finds heaven-grade pills. The kids are panting, even if they saw the suddenly appearing bag they had no energy to question as the person holding them coax them softly.

 

“Open your mouth okay? This is pill, it’ll help you recover quickly. If you don’t trust me, it’s fine but it looks like you guys look more serious than I think. Take this and you’ll be fine… Hmm?”

As he coax them to trust him and take the pills while holding each pills under the kids chin the two kids blindly leans down and lick the pills before flicking them into their mouth and swallow it.

 

Xu Yuan, shocked, summons water and feed the two kids to ease their swallow of the medicine. Seeing their brows stop furrowing, he breath a sigh of relief but the hot fever is rising. He understands that this is the pills effect of removing every toxins in the body but others might not. Xu Yuan puts it off his mind as he slides his fingers combing their hair humming nicely. The kids soon fell asleep.

 

Soon, the doctor is here along with a pack of ice held by the servant scared. However not only is the two people here but the master and housekeeper is here too. Before Xu Yuan could be too happy, the servant shouts unabashedly.

 

“It’s him! He injures the young masters! Look at how red the young masters faces turn! Who knows what he had done while I was gone to get help!”

 

Xu Yuan could only look blankly on as he is being accused however it seems his earlier punishment is still in the master’s heart as he quickly orders.

 

“Guards! Kick that damn bastard out of here and never allow him to set foot in the Qiu’s household! Give him 50 sticks for one!”

 

That means he have to receive 100 sticks since there is both Qiu Jing and Qiu Zihan. Then just like that he is separated from the two young masters as he’s whisked away for punishment. His uncle’s face saddens but the twitching of his lips tell Xu Yuan otherwise. Xu Yuan didn’t get to see the servant that accused him as the guards immediately surround him and drag him over to the board. Then he is beaten to slacks.

 

It hurts.

 

It hurts so bad.

 

Hurts very much, hurts a lot.

 

Lately, Xu Yuan realizes his senses or rather the original owner’s senses are 10 times more sensitive than normal people. He doubts he can actually survive through this pain.

 

.

.

.

 

“100! That’s all!”

 

Covered in black and red blood, the sight is terrifying with the dried blood and new fresh whipped blood. His back is scarred over and over as they had hit the same location over and over for 50 times so now he probably had an X marks on his back. His back is soaked with sweat and blood, his head aches, teeth clatter in pain as they trembles. At first, he utters sounds of pain as the time goes on and with people not caring, he turns quiet keeping still till the last one he can’t hold back and let out crying sounds. His face must’ve look scary with tears and snot running down his cheeks, eyes dried with red white lines covering. His calf and body is shaking incessantly nonstop he can’t even lift his head his eyes blur. After this punishment everybody left then soon he feels his body is being lifted as he is dragged along the ground with a limp body and thrown across the road infront of the mansion. It’s evening, Xu Yuan can hardly keep his eyes open as they fight to open. However the blood and injuries make it hard for him to even breathe as he tries to inhale and exhale but its only making him groan more as this cause the injuries to move badly on his back. Xu Yuan soon fell asleep.

 

Deep in the night, Xu Yuan is awaken by the sound of laughter and the smell of gasoline.  Before his mind could fully comprehend what is going on, red. A fire is happening infront of his eyes lighting the dark forest he is in now. No, its not infront.

 

“Don’t blame me, ah. Who knew that the bastard would run over and block you!? If anything, blame yourself boy. This is a play in power. I win and you lose.”

 

He can hear the whispers of the servant who accused him earlier as he’s being burn alive. Along with someone else, an old voice, oddly familiar.

 

“Lets go before they find us gone.”

 

It was the original owner’s uncle, the housekeeper.

 

Xu Yuan is being burn. His body is on fire.

 

He’s going to die.

 

Without completing his mission, he doesn’t even know what his task entails.

 

What a failure.

 

Xu Yuan wants to laugh at himself.

 

Pathetic, how can I claim to save people when I can’t even get through this fire?!

 

And with that, Liu Xu Yuan is dead asleep with a fever.

 

No. He is dead.

 

Xu Yuan is no longer in this world.

0