Chapter 2: UHA and the Gate
59 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baguio City

The war left the humanity hanging by a thread, almost every human on earth died, and due to the nuclear radiation and climate change, it's only a matter of time before human go extinct.

Admiral Charles Johnson is one of the survivor of the war, he's the commander of the US 7th fleet. Him, the fleet and the United States' president, President Donald MacRonaldo seek asylum in the Philippines, they were here for more than 5 years, the last two existing president sighed treaties and formed the United Human Alliance, and the island of Luzon as their operating base and homeland, there's still 11 million people alive, 6 million are Filipinos, the rest are mixture of Japanese, Koreans, Americans, south east asians and some Europeans who were having a vacation in the country before the war occured.

A new government was formed and it will be lead not by a single person, but a council known as the Supreme Council, there are six people in the council.

The problems regarding food, water and shelter is being solved, however there's just too many people to feed and sometimes some small fight occured amongst the populace.

Admiral Charles was then chosen to be the new chief of United Human Alliance Armed Forces, the UHAAF has a quiet number of soldiers which is 650,000. They do both regular patrolling and law enforcement due to the police can't do the job.

___ ___

Lieutenant Christopher Lexington was once serve the United States Marine corps until he was transferred to the new armed forces, the UHAAF, he and his platoon on the streets of the were doing their regular patrolling, then he heard some gasps and confusion.

"Ummm... Lieutenant Christopher, was that thing was there before?" Said by his men pointing to a large structure with pillars similar to that of Greeks.

"What the...no, that was not there before—" he was then interrupted by a loud sound of drum beats, his eyes widened when figures wearing similar to that of British red coats came from the strange structure, they formed a line, he saw cannons being positioned but what he was surprised the most was a large beast similar to a dragon flew above the sky were a single red coat rides on it.

A man wearing a red military uniform with fancy designs and medal on his chest spoke.

"I hereby declare this new land as the colony of the Brittanian Empire! Every single creature in this world will now belong to his majesty, Emperor William IV!"

A 300 strong cavalry men then charge towards the curious civilians as they slash anyone who is on their sight, Lieutenant Christopher and his platoon set off the safety pin of their M4 Carbine as he ordered his men to shoot the cavalry.

"Message the High Command that we are under attack, men in red coats are killing the civilians, warn them!" Said by Lieutenant Christopher as his men radio the high command.

The brown dragon then dived as it blow fire towards the civilians, screams in pain and agony echoed throughout the area of the city as more strange creatures attacks everyone who are foreign to them.

___ ___

After the high command received the warning, they immediately dispatched 5 Apache helicopters and a division of 15,000 soldiers in the area of battle.

The apache helicopters saw the flying creatures as they spew flame onto the civilians and stationed army units.

"Angel 1, hostile creatures insight, prepare to engage."

The Apache's M320 chain gun shooted down the wyvern squadrons and fired their Hydra 70mm rocket onto the enemy ranks.

___ ___

The APCs followed by trucks loaded with soldiers positioned themselves, they readied their M4 Carbine as they shoot hail of bullets onto the red coats.

Apaches fire their rockets onto the enemies annihilating them without the chance of screaming on pain, machine guns was placed and fired a non-stop of leads to the enemy.

___ ___

Field Marshal Hax Wiensfield was appointed by the emperor to lead the 100,000 expeditionary army to conquer the lands beyond the gate that only appears once in a 100 years, however he was not expecting as his men fell on after another, the supposed to be barbarians have muskets, but fires consecutively killing his men, flying iron beasts gunned down his wyvern squadrons and spewing light arrows as it struck his men to oblivion.

His second in command approached him. "Sir, the enemies are annihilating our men with us not even getting close to them! Their iron beasts are scaring our men and moral plummeted in our ranks! We must now retreat and call for reinforcement otherwise we will die here!" His second in command was waiting for his orders, but he can't let his failure tarnish their family and ancestors.

"No one will retreat! Tell them to charge towards them even if they were killed! Whoever flees will be executed!

His second in command gulped as he followed his orders and relayed it to other officers.

...

"God, they are so persistent! Hey Corkie I want you to shoot down that man wearing fancy clothes, he must be their commander." Lieutenant Christopher commanded.

His sniper, Corkie, runs towards a high ground and lay himself on the ground as he aimed his bolt action rifle M40 sniper to the enemy commander, he pulled the trigger as the bullet struck his target into his head making him fall onto the ground.

The enemies seeing their commander dead retreated inside the gate, the UHAAF did not stop firing as they kill the enemies even though they are retreating, it was their revenge after those bastards killed more than a hundred of civilians and damaging some infrastructures.

___ ___

3 hours after the battle

The White Palace

The councilors gathered at the newly built White Palace, they were shocked when they watched the feed of drone of the battle, people wearing strangely similar to the British red coats are invading them, flying dragon like creatures spew flame as they were obliterated by the UHAAF.

"So, does anyone have any idea as to how on earth this 18th century soldiers came from?" Said by the Philippines former president José Rodrigo Thompson.

"Stationed soldiers and civilians witnesses stated that they all came from that large structure similar to Greek design and attacked everyone on their sight." Said by the US former president Donald MacRonaldo.

Councilor Tetya Koslov a former russian politicians who was against the regime of Vladimir spoked. "How did that structure appear anyway?"

"No one knows as to how that large structure appeared, exactly 12:00, a civilian saw the structure located there in just a blink of an eye." Said by Shinomiya Tendo the former japanese minister.

"So...who caused it? This is absolutely not caused by the Russians or Chinese, this is a supernatural event that only appears in movies, perhaps the work of gods." Said by Adolf Richman, a half filipino-american billionaire and politician.

"Maybe, our scientist teams can't explain as to how that things teleported there, however we have detected strange readings but it was not any sort of radio waves or other signals we're still studying it until now." Said by Dr.Herman Schmidt a German scientist and expert.

An aid then burst inside the meeting room of the councilors. "I apologize for sudden interrupting you ma'am and sirs, we get a very valuable information from the man that our soldiers captured and interrogated."

"Proceed." Said by the councilors.

"Yes, the man was the second in command of the expeditionary army, his name was Mike von Worms and he served a country named Brittanian Empire a country...beyond the structure they called the gate."

The whole council room was shocked. "Did you say a nation beyond that? That means...there's land beyond that 'gate'?"

"Yes, that's what the man said, the gate appeared in every a hundred years and the people beyond the gate conquer the lands beyond it."

"If that's true then they may come back here again, I suggest we send the military inside the gate, and since they used muskets and weapons I think they are not a high level of threat if we are prepared." Everyone agreed to the suggestion in the room.

"Then let's send an expeditionary party then and appoint someone to lead it, if we are lucky enough, there might be fertile land and resources beyond the gate and who knows there might be you know... Oil." Everyone tense up a little. The meeting concluded and decided to send the military in the gate.

___ ___

Time skip

The area near the gate was filled with military facilities, barricades and guard outpost to ensure that the last incident won't happen again. A line of different military vehicles are preparing to enter the gate.

On the front are 10 M1 Abrams, 12 ASCOD 2 medium battle tanks and 10 ASCOD 2 IFVs followed by 30 APCs which is mostly consists of GKN Simba from the Philippines army, several trucks loaded with soldiers, munitions and other supplies.

Lieutenant General Adam Ackerman is the chief of the expeditionary division, he only got appointed just a few days after the invasion of men armed with muskets wearing red coats.

He stood from a platform to perform a speech before entering the gate.

"Men, once again we will go into war, but this time we will not fight for a country but for the humanity, we all want peace after the world war 3 almost turn us humans to extinction! Ideologies, beliefs and culture divided us and fight amongst ourselves, and in return, we devastated everything, however we must now unite, aside our difference and must survive the darkest age of humanity. Thousands of fucking people armed with muskets and lizard spewing fire invaded us breaking our peace and wrecked everything on their path, we will not forgive those bastard, we will kick their asses off and protect not a nation but humanity, Hurrah!!!"

Everyone shouted in unison indifferent languages, the convoy begun to move as they enter the cave, there was a strange blueing light and after 10 minutes of ride, they finally got out of the gate, it was night time unlike on earth side gate that is still in the afternoon time.

Abrams and ASCOD 2 MBT positioned themselves as soldiers got out of APCs and Trucks.

They immediately get on covers as they aimed their rifles, towed artilleries are on the rear while IFVs standby for any aerial threats.

Just 400 meters away, lights probably from torches was seen, hundreds of tents scattered on the plains, Lieutenant General Adam Ackerman ordered the artillery batteries to bombard enemy camps.

...

Meanwhile at the enemy camp, Captain Randall was awakened from his sleep, he washed his face and was about to return to his quarters when he heard an eerie whistle sound in skies.

"What is that sou—" a large explosion echoed throughout the camp, as more whistle sound was heard and more explosion occured.

"Enemy attack! Enemy attack!"

Soldiers was waken from their sleep as the hastily dress themselves, unfortunate soldiers was blown to bits as the M101 Howitzer HE shells scored a direct hit to their camps.

...

The Brittanian Empire soldier's encampment was in chaos, M1 Abrams and ASCOD 2 MBTs then started to open fire bringing more horror to the Brittanian army, the Brittanians due to their officers neither killed or fled retreated in various directions due to fear.

___ ___

Time skip, Sunrise

After the battle the UHAAF's expeditionary party built temporary camps, storage and shelters, places sandbags wire barricades and did a recon, it's confirmed that the enemy goes to a full retreat, after building defenses around the area, the expeditionary force rested for some time.

Lieutenant General Adam Ackerman stared at the scene before him. A green fertile land, clear blue sky, clear bodies of water and wind that doesn't have deadly chemicals.

The land beyond the gate is the land is not yet touched and devastated by nuclear radiations with the forest not in fire and water bodies where fishes thrives.

Brigadier General Leonardo Capiz also observe the beautiful scenery. "This is a miracle isn't it General?"

"Yeah, so what's the reaction of the councilors about this?"

"Well as expected, they now set their interest in this place where everything is not yet devastated by nuclear weapons, pollution and deforestation."

"I guess they will use this invasion as an excuse to get land here."

Adam chuckled. "Well that what would my action too since they invaded us first, this is just payback don't you think so?"

Brigadier General Leonardo let out a grin. "Yeah, this will help us and our people and who knows, perhaps we can trade with the natives here."

"Definitely."

___ ___

Meanwhile

Englishland, Brittanian Empire

Emperor William IV was having an audience with the surviving commander of the expeditionary army he sent to the gate and lead by the empire's prestigious commander, Field Marshal Hax Wiensfield.

"Say what again?" He said to the commander.

"We—we were defeated. When we enter the gate...at first we thought it will be an easy task...until people wearing strange outfit fired their weapons that can fire consecutively unlike our muskets, then flying metal beasts annihilate our wyvern squadrons then more beats came and attacked us, the commander was mysteriously shot on the head was dead within seconds, they pushed us back into the gate and with the commanders dead, we all decided to retreat."

The emperor raised his eyebrows. "You are lying, guards! Take this traitor and hang him for lying and fleeing the battlefield without any permit!" The guards then grabbed the commander out of the castle halls, then suddenly one of the emperor's aid burst inside the hall.

"What now!?" He angrily said.

"Forgive me for my rudeness your majesty, I have a grave news, the second expeditionary army was attacked and retreated to fort Benin!"

The emperor has a confused face. "What!? Don't tell me..."

The aid simply nod.

"Send the 4th and 5th army, if the survivor said is true then the people beyond the gate are invading us!" Everyone in the castle halls hastily performed the orders for them.

Damn it, they are just barbarians, we need to control it before those damn highlanders attack us!


___ ___end

A/N: The M1 Abrams came from the USA, while the ASCOD MBT was the existing main battle tank of the philippine armed forces.

1