– prologue – chapter 1
565 9 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was dark, a dark night, darker than any other night in the year, and in this darkness filled the street walk a girl, a girl with fine features for her age. She was calmly stepping, one foot at a time.


This girl was Lilya a really short 17 years old who lives in an orphanage with others kids, she is the oldest of them all, thus the reason of she strolling late at night, well it wasn’t actually late, just around nine o’clock, she’s had walked all the way to a convenience store to buy some food as they were running short.


“Really? Why do they do this to me? Every time the keep making me do those chores at the most strange hours, with always the same excuse “we do this so you learn how to behave like and adult” or “you should do this as the oldest to set an example for the children” 



‘Sometimes I wonder if they just want to get rid of me.’



“I really don’t understand how getting out in the middle of the night to buy tomorrow’s breakfast is going to make a good example for the children. Most of the don’t even pass the 12 in the orphanage any way”

`But today sure is dark, even with the lights on. I really hate when the street lights aren’t working, you know. Sometimes they stay like that for an entire month without anyone changing the light.’

The street she’s walking is a long and straight path, with a lot of tall and dark buildings, all the lights are out, except some windows here and there, but even those weren’t able to provide her some lighting, there is indeed some alleyways but going into them is just asking for unnecessary trouble.

‘I can’t really get lost here, even if I was in complete darkness. I walked so much through this path that I remember everything by now.’

Or that what she thought, the world around her was changing, getting darker and darker, in a never ending straight line, a line straight to the darkest part of the street, and when you think it can’t get any more dark, you’re surprised by the darkest thing you would ever see, a completely black being, capable of sucking the light, and even with all this, the shadows posses a pearly white teeth, craving for blood, craving to be dyed the crimson of some unlucky soul blood.



“Really, how could I get lost here, is literally a straight line damnit” I am pretty sure my sense of direction wasn’t this bad, maybe hitting my head in the road sign in the way here really messed up my head.



It was then that she felt something. She didn’t know how to describe it, but the closest thing would be watching someone hit their toes directly in a nail, while doing a full kick motion. She felt a shiver run down her spine, and looked around desperately, but she couldn’t see anything, in the true meaning, all she saw was black, no, it was darker than black, a completely dark, nothingness, like watching a starless night sky, like watching the depths of the ocean, in the places light couldn’t reach out, complete dark.



It was then, without warning, a pearly white smile appeared, it was a mocking smile, completely looking down at her, like she was just a prey in the eyes of a predator, food in the eyes of a starving beast, a peasant in front of the king, she couldn’t feel anything, her world stopped, she couldn’t speak, hear nor see, all she could feel was the touch of the shadow, slowly getting to her, she could see the mouth, slowly opening, and then she could fell, the pain, it was painful, extremely so, it was different from falling down the stairs, or hammering your one finger by accident, it was painful on a different way, like her very soul was being eaten.



And she was right, Lilya was right, the shadow was eating her soul, slowly, so it could appreciate its food. It was then that she exploded. Lilya’s body exploded from the inside out. Neither the shadow expected it. The explosion completely absorbed the shadow. The shadow screamed without a sound, then fell down, and melted away, the explosion apparently killing it.



But things weren’t better for Lilya. She was on the floor, with an enormous bite on her, bleeding to her death, and to add salt to the injury, she was completely exhausted. It was different from physical exhaustion; it was deeper, she could feel it, but sadly that was the last thing she felt, she died, and couldn’t understand what have killed her, she didn’t know how she apparently killed what killed her, and more important, she wasn’t able to buy breakfast for the kids.

“Sorry Kathe, I won’t be able to stay with you when your new family comes tomorrow. I hope they like you”

Those were her last thoughts before passing out.


Hi everyone, woah, I couldn't stop after starting so the first chapter is here, I was thinking of making the next chapter in the dungeon, but because of things I am planning for her encounter with the Goddess I separated in two parts, I still need to start writing the next one, but probably won't be today.

Thanks for reading

19