Departure
347 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yeah~ that hits the spot, thanks for guiding me your highness" I said after I drank water down my throat.

"No need for thanks sir Colt, and please just call me Faylan" said the prince sporting a perfect smile

My thirst had been relieved after prince Faylan had guided me to where the kitchen was located. It was just close to the courtyard so it didn't take that long.

"Ok then, you can just me Colt like my friends does" I replied as I sat on a chair beside a long table although the prince was standing by the door.

"It would be my pleasure" the prince said as he then turned silent. 

'Dang this is awkward...this guy, why did he say that to that girl?' I mused as I reminisced what happened minutes ago.

After announcing his plan, the prince added that he would inform the King of this decision, making the princess a part of the so called champion training. However the princess argued that she didn't need anymore training since she had a high ranking in the army already. Alas, Faylan did not budge, arguing that this proposal will both benefit her and the kingdom in the coming battle. The princess seemed to want to say more but when Faylan said-

(You will only get yourself killed Leya,...I cant let you go through that all over again, please...just listen to me) the prince said with a painful look

As he said those words, the princess turned silent as she looked down gripping her sheath. She the turned to leave not replying to her brother's pleas. She passed by me, not sparing me a glance and when I looked at her face for a second I swear I could have saw her eyes reflect a look that is way too familiar for me, something that I had always seen when I was alone.

'That girl..that look from before..' as I was contemplating, Faylan called out to me.

"Colt, let me apologize to you as to how my dear sister treated you earlier, can you please forgive her actions" Faylan pleaded in a soft tone

"Oh! there's no need for that...umm F-Faylan, it was my fault that I eavesdropped on you two without thinking" I waved my hand as I dismissed his apology.

"Thank you for that, you are very magninomous Colt. Im glad that we have you and those lovely twins as our champions" He then looked me in the eye, a look of relief in his face.

"I dont really-" I said as he cut me off 

"Do you know what they call the Kingdom of Irelia Colt?" He suddenly asked.

'What's with the question of all a sudden?' I thought confused

"Sorry, I dont really know, I just got transported here a few days ago~" I laughed lightly as I glanced at Faylan, he had a weak smile on his face as he looked outside the courtyard from the door.

"Indeed..you have" Faylan laughed

"Folerias' Blade, a very straightforward name for our land right?" he inquired

"...." I stayed silent, not sure of what to say.

"We are the only nation to be surrounded from all directions of potential threats and enemies and that led to us prioritizing strengthening our military power. All of our people are required to enlist in the army once, arming them blades to protect their homes and families..." He paused as he glanced at me for a short moment.

"The 9 nations believe that our strength will be the one to spearhead the charge against Aurelio hence the title but there's another title that our neighbor's call us" he looked at me seemingly waiting for a response.

"...What is the other title?" I asked hesitantly.

He became silent, seemingly ruminating his next choice of words and as he opened his mouth, laughter came after.

"Im just jesting Colt, there are no other title for Irelia other than the one I told you earlier. Forgive me, I just wanted to make conversation" he chuckled. I also laughed along even just to mask my irritation.

"I've heard that your a rune user Colt. I am joyed that another mage has joined the army. I would have loved to witness your spells but alas we both have our own duties to perform" he gloomily said as he hung his head.

"Yeah...hey Faylan it's getting pretty late so I'm going to go back~" I hurriedly said, wanting to end this long night.

"Indeed, have a good rest Colt" replied Faylan as he turned around and started to walk. I also went the other direction, already having memorized where my room is although I was called out again by Faylan.

"Colt, just a little request, my dear sister is pretty stubborn  and is a littl- really rough sometimes but she really is a kind person at heart.." said Faylan as his expression softened.

"So can you please promise me that you'll watch over her?, and if she doesn't listen to you then just slap her back to her senses ok" said the prince smiling

'Maybe this dude wants me dead huh' I thought as I suspected that his request would likely get me stabbed by that woman.

"..Uhh sure I guess? but dont expect anything though, I doubt that princess would listen to me now that she has a bad impression of me" 

'No thanks to you' I mused

"Its fine if you just try and I suspect that you two will get along just well during your two month stay in that hel- I mean training ground. Well good luck on your endeavor, Colt" he assured as he left, not turning back anymore.

"..." 

'I think I hate this guy' I thought as I walked away from that place.

-----

By morning, I was guided by the maids to the gates where the carriage was already waiting and as I arrived at the meeting point, I realized that I was the last one that they were waiting for. Rea and Ben were there and a guy with a bald head and a woman with short blue hair was sitting respectively at the coach of two carriages.

'Ahh s**t Im late~' I couldnt help it since my roaming around last night led to an exhausting encounter with a specific pair of royal siblings

"Hey guys~ sorry Im late" I greeted to the twins

"Good morning. Dude its just like usual" replied Ben 

"Good morning Colt, get your shape together since we're about to leave" reprimanded  Rea

Although they greeted me normally, the distance between the two had widened more overnight, they kept a certain space apart from each other. 

'Seems like they're still figthing huh'

"So you're Colt Pelter! Nice to meet you lad. My name is Harold Redrilon and I'm going to be your driver/instructor/superior in your time at Dragon's Jaw Forest" said blaring by the bald man

'This old man is huge' I mused as I looked at his stature

"Yeah~ Nice to meet you too sir" 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Colt Pelter, Hello I am Nellie Redrilon, I'm this big oafs' wife and I will also be your driver/instructor/superior at the camp"  said the blue haired woman 

"Try not to be late again, once we're at the camp, you will be treated as soldiers so keep your wits about you" she reprimanded as she looked at me

"Ugh sorry Ma'am it wont happen again...probably" I whispered at the end.

"Now that everybody's here, let us depart! The army will shortly come marching soon so its better if we leave early, we dont want the people going crazy about you champions now" stated Harold

"Wait they already knew we were here? Since when?" asked Ben probably wondering when they announced our arrival in Irelia

"It was announced before you were summoned although your identities are still unknown. Its better that way, it will elude the enemy in some way for the time being" said Nellie

""Ohhhh"" Ben and I exclaimed. In my opinion it would be better if they didn't announce it in the first place but I also understand that knowing that they have champions would boosts their morale.

"Hey! Lets go, the sooner the better I say, I cant wait to train you hehehehe" laughed ominously by the bald guy

'Well this guy is bad news~' 

"You twins will be getting on my carriage while Colt will go to my wifes' " announced by Harold

'Mr. Harold I think you're making a mistake there' I was getting anxious about this arrangement.

Rea and Ben looked at Harold for a second before they started to get inside the carriage with Ben going on first followed by Rea, all that happened in silence and in an instant.

"Wha-" 'wait did they make up already?' i thought as I stared dumbfounded at the sight.

"Colt what  are you doing? Get on" said Nellie as she gestured me to come inside the carriage.

"Yes Ma'am~" I obliged as I ignored my current thoughts about my two friends.

As I opened the door and step inside the small space, I was left dumbfounded as I saw a woman with platinum shoulder length hair and red eyes staring at me at close proximity. Her eyes widening at my arrival then suddenly transforming into a frown.

"..Colt Pelter.." she coldly said

"H-hey princess.." I replied to Leyana Noveu Irelia, princess of the Kingdom of Irelia and my seatmate.

15