Switch
306 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day right after that night we held our usual morning assembly, proceeding to do our usual physical exercises.

We were just about done as I finished doing my 500 repetitions of squats.

"497, 498, 499, 500!"

I hung my head, heaving from the heavy exercise as I wiped my sweat with a towel.

I looked to the side where Rea was standing in attention as Mrs. Nellie instructed her. I lightly smiled seeing that her complexion looked a bit brighter than before.

"That's a relief" I mumbled.

I started to walk towards my personal training ground in order to polish and reinforce my spell more solidly.

My spells needed to be more tough and sharper than now.

I figured that at this rate my blade might be a better alternative in penetrating the defenses of my enemy.

'My blade...'

I slapped my cheeks as my wandering thoughts stopped. I turned as I resolved myself to train my spells to a practical level.

Noting that the month will be over in a flash.

"{Gliding Strides}"

I activated my arts as I silently left the general training grounds.

-----

"[Shatter]"

As I said those words, the ice spike that I made shattered as all it's shards went to the right direction in high speeds. 

It left many holes in the rock pillar after as It smashed through it.

"I see, it can do that but it takes a bit more focus than usual"

I noted to myself as I wrote down what I just observed.

Supposedly, my shatter spell should only work in two directions in a random manner, either inward or outward but it seems I can make it break in a certain direction if I wanted to.

I was pleased with this discovery since I could avoid friendly fire if I am in a battle where allies and enemies are inbound.

Most of all, it served as another way of attack, a ranged one at that where all my spells originate in a specific spot.

I looked towards the sky, realizing it was nearing night time already. I stood up, deciding to go back to camp as I remembered what was waiting for me there.

'..Oh yeah, she's going to teach me proper attacks starting today huh'

All she ever did teach me was proper attack stances and swings in practice but not in an actual combat spar.

I could practically use basic stab and swing motions using my broadsword now but actually using it in a fight is something that I'm not really fond of doing myself.

"Attacks huh....can she really teach me that?" I wondered.

I turned, feeling a little doubtful of the coming combat training.

------

"Huh? What do you mean you're not my teacher for this?" 

I said confused. Although I was expecting some problems arising from this training, I didn't expect that there would be a change in instructors.

It was right after we had finished our meal that Leyana called out to me as we headed to our campsite.

"....Precisely, Mr. Harold here will be the one instructing your combat training from now on.." Leyana said, turning her head sideways.

"We had arranged this from the beginning so there's no need to be alarmed, he already knows what to teach you"

'From the beginning?' I mused, doubtful of her words.

I stood there dumbfounded at this revelation as I stared at the bald man with a sword in his hand standing a few meters away from us.

His eyes were closed as he waited for us to finish our conversation.

I glanced at Mr. Harold being strangely quiet about this whole thing. It just seems so sudden for it to be something that was thought up from day one. She was just telling me yesterday to expect her teachings about this even.

I turned my gaze towards her, she was gripping her sheath really hard that it was shaking slightly.

'..You..'

"Then what about Ben then?. Who's going to teach him?"

"..I' am. He's going to be learning footwork from me for the remaining days while uncle teaches you basic attacks."

"So there's no need to worry about anything" she added

'Footwork?...is it because of that art training?' I mused as I looked to Mr. Harold for a second.

'He might have noticed his struggle about that so it kinda makes sense since Leyana does have great agility..but Mr. Harold already knows proper footwork, there's no way he doesn't so it only means that...' I looked at her again as I finished my thoughts.

"Leyana, don't lie to me" I paused.

"..What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb..you, what's the real reason?"

She turned silent as I asked that question. She looked down, her platinum hair cascading slightly over her face.

"It's the most efficient arrangement at this stage, that's the real reason why, are you satisfied?"

"Nope~ not buying it"

"I already said what needed to be said, so why are you so stubborn?" She asked, a little irritation in her voice.

"Well I'm certainly not as stubborn as you, ditz princess. So just tell me"

"I already did, so stop pestering me already..."

"I'm not gonna, when you're clearly not ok with this"

She paused, holding her sheath tighter than a while ago.

"Leyana, it's ok to rely on me sometimes even if I'm not that reliable looking at all"

At this point, all my shame was thrown away to the wind as I said those words. I knew myself that I was being annoying as hell right now but.

'When I see that familiar look in your eyes, it just irks me so much..'

I was waiting for her response but alas all I got was her monotone reply.

"Stop this already Colt ,.... You're wasting time here"

As I heard the end of what she said, I just felt a slight pang of pain even if I already expected that she didn't trust me enough for her to do so. 

'What was I expecting?'

"Wasting time huh, Maybe your right" I said, looking sideways as I scratched my neck in an attempt to brush it off.

"Yeah..sorry for the bothering you then.."

She had looked up at my face after what I said, a look of concern visible on her eyes although I couldn't see that at all as I turned my heels towards Mr. Harold.

Leyana stood still in that spot, struggling to leave the place as she watched Colt walk away.

After a little while, she too had also reluctantly left.

Although I wanted to keep asking her, I believed I just wasn't the right person to confide into and so I shelved the idea in the back of my mind.

I sighed in exasperation.

"Are you ready?"

Mr. Harold asked as he threw me a wooden sword. I caught it as I stared at the man in front of me.

I positioned myself just a few meters away. Readying myself as I assumed that it would be the same policy as with the princess. Learn with the body.

"Let's do this"

I said with a hint of irritation in my voice as I faced him. 

"Oh you seem fired up, so what are you waiting for, attack me trainee. I'm just going to guard all of it"

'This prick...I understand that he's supposed to train my attacks but it still pisses me off'

I wasn't really accustomed to fighting in a strike first situation at all. Most of the time I was the one being hit or being bashed by a wooden sword.

So I had trouble finding a right timing and way of attacking.

Although when I saw his confident face, I just really had the urge to just bash his face in. I couldn't care less on how I do it.

'This is a chance to beat you up old man'

"Hah!"

I dashed towards him, my sword going upwards from the right towards his face.

"That's the spirit!"

He replied, enthused by my shout as he guarded my attack easily without even moving an inch from his spot.

'It's like I'm hitting a damn wall!'

The force from my attack was completely nullified just from his block. Usually it would only have a little resistance.

"Is that it? C'mon we still have all night"

'You got to be kidding me..'

I sweated as I readied myself to fight this tank like monster in front of me.

However I already knew I wasn't going to be able to land a hit as I saw his immovable like figure.

8